Official 2016 - Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend

Someone please post the participant shirts! I can't wait for runDisney any longer!
I wish they would post a picture! They did for W&D the Wednesday before, but then again, it's Run Disney. Who knows what goes through their mind. :lmao:

Shirts are out- Run Disney FB.
Can't seem to post a photo- sorry!
Not grey!

I'm in line right now for merch. It looks like there is about 50 people in line so far. I am towards the beginning of the 3rd line.

A friend in Ventura told me it is unseasonably warm/hot right now. For those of you that are there, how hot does it feel?

I left pretty early this morning from the Expo so all of the merch was still there. It was very easy and painless to get every thing and then pick up my bib. It was pretty nice to see the new 2017 New Balance shoes - they are very pretty! The Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain ones are flipped though on the website. Space and Toy Story are mens and Haunted Mansion and Tea Party are womens.

It is very warm outside but it's suppose to cool off starting tomorrow. Was 94 degrees when I left the expo. LOTS AND LOTS of merchandise left - didn't buy anything but loved seeing the selection.

Looks like I'm in Corral A for the 10K. :confused3
It's definitely been warm in the sun but I have experienced worse here. It's rather pleasant outside right now. I'm glad though that it should be cool in the morning.

I am in corral C for tomorrow's 5K. Good luck to everyone running this weekend! I hope it is a great experience for you!

I left pretty early this morning from the Expo so all of the merch was still there. It was very easy and painless to get every thing and then pick up my bib. It was pretty nice to see the new 2017 New Balance shoes - they are very pretty! The Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain ones are flipped though on the website. Space and Toy Story are mens and Haunted Mansion and Tea Party are womens.

Ooh - do you have a picture of the New Balance shoes?

Ooh - do you have a picture of the New Balance shoes?
No I didnt, I'm sorry. :( They were behind glass and a rope so i couldn't get to close. I know there is a thread on this forum that has a link. They are even more impressive in person. I really love the Space and Haunted ones.

We did the 5k this morning. It was absolutely beautiful jogging/ walking through the parks. We stopped so many times to take photos! The lines for Avengers were crazy, but we were more interested in iconic backgrounds. It was my 9 year olds first 5k. The perfect first run for her. And kiddos to the child who walked the race using a walker!

Another fun 5K this morning! The weather was cooler but dry, which was perfect. I loved all the costumes and I even saw a few Peggy Carters sprinkled around. Yay! My bows for my sneakers and headband survived intact, perfect!

The Expo wasn't crowded. I got there Thursday afternoon and went back with my Aunt later in the evening to exchange a shirt I bought (Remy's face had a blemish, boo), but it was still manageable.

I was super glad I decided to stick with the Tink 5K next year...if today had been my final event of the year I did all the Disneyland races, I would have been super sad.

Here for the races and due to some happy circumstances I came into some complimentary 1-day parkhopper tickets (good through 11/24) and have 2 that I'm not able to use. Posting here to see if any fellow runners could use them, I'm staying at the Grand Californian for easy pickup. PM me if you're interested.

Edit: Thanks for all the interest and responses, the tickets found a new home. Good luck to everyone running this weekend!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter