Official 2016 - Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend

Here for the races and due to some happy circumstances I came into some complimentary 1-day parkhopper tickets (good through 11/24) and have 2 that I'm not able to use. Posting here to see if any fellow runners could use them, I'm staying at the Grand Californian for easy pickup. PM me if you're interested.

Hi, I don't know how to PM, but my mom and I are definitely runners that could use them, if they're still available. We're getting into Anaheim tonight and doing the half on Sunday.

Just sent DH off to his race... Good luck to all the runners this morning. We did the 5k yesterday and had a great time. so proud of my DS and my dad for joining us for their first run Disney 5k (for DS it was his first 5k ever).

My nerves for tomorrow are setting in tho. Hoping for a relaxing day at the pool today as Ive done far too much time on my feet at the park and expo the last two days!

Hi, I don't know how to PM, but my mom and I are definitely runners that could use them, if they're still available. We're getting into Anaheim tonight and doing the half on Sunday.

I just realized I don't have enough posts for PMs so I edited my original post with my contact info.

Congrats to all the 5K and 10K runners, good luck to the half runners tomorrow!

Thanks so much! I'm in the area with my oldest son for a college visit and we decided to run tomorrow for our coast-to-coast! We vacation here at least once per year, so we thought it would be fun to add something into our regular beach routine.

Excited to run but discouraged by the craziness yesterday morning. Planned to spend the day in California Adventure, and take a break for packet pick up. Arrived at 9am, but we were re-routed from Mickey and Friends to Garden Walk parking. We asked to exit and parked in Toy Story instead. Toy Story bus lines were crazy, so we walked to the parks. The lines for security were more crazy. When we finally got through security the esplanade area was packed. So we gave up, headed over to Trader Sam's and then picked up our packets at the expo. Best expo experience ever - no lines anywhere (except for official merch, which we skipped.) At that point, we were done for the day - crowds outside security and in the esplanade cleared, but it was already after 1pm so we headed back to the beach. We'll save our tickets and try to go on Sunday after the race. We've been to DL many times - even during peak season - and we've never seen anything like this.

Since we're about a 30 minute drive away from DL under normal circumstances, we planned to leave around 3:30am tomorrow for the half. That worked for us when we ran the DL 10K in 2013. But now I'm getting nervous about that plan . . .

Here's where were almost through security . . .

WP_20161111_004.jpg

And after we were through security:

WP_20161111_007.jpg WP_20161111_006.jpg WP_20161111_005.jpg

I loved everything about the 10k course...so much so that I knocked 5 mins off my time to PR with a 1:13:32.

Uh, guess I can get into that 2:45 corral now for Tink and Princess!!!

Course support, volunteers, and the general vibe rocked. One of the best events we've participated in. All positives from me on this one. Yaaaay rundisney!!

I loved everything about the 10k course...so much so that I knocked 5 mins off my time to PR with a 1:13:32.

Course support, volunteers, and the general vibe rocked. One of the best events we've participated in. All positives from me on this one. Yaaaay rundisney!!
Awesome job!

Thanks so much! I'm in the area with my oldest son for a college visit and we decided to run tomorrow for our coast-to-coast! We vacation here at least once per year, so we thought it would be fun to add something into our regular beach routine.

Excited to run but discouraged by the craziness yesterday morning. Planned to spend the day in California Adventure, and take a break for packet pick up. Arrived at 9am, but we were re-routed from Mickey and Friends to Garden Walk parking. We asked to exit and parked in Toy Story instead. Toy Story bus lines were crazy, so we walked to the parks. The lines for security were more crazy. When we finally got through security the esplanade area was packed. So we gave up, headed over to Trader Sam's and then picked up our packets at the expo. Best expo experience ever - no lines anywhere (except for official merch, which we skipped.) At that point, we were done for the day - crowds outside security and in the esplanade cleared, but it was already after 1pm so we headed back to the beach. We'll save our tickets and try to go on Sunday after the race. We've been to DL many times - even during peak season - and we've never seen anything like this.

Since we're about a 30 minute drive away from DL under normal circumstances, we planned to leave around 3:30am tomorrow for the half. That worked for us when we ran the DL 10K in 2013. But now I'm getting nervous about that plan . . .

Here's where were almost through security . . .

View attachment 206162

And after we were through security:

View attachment 206159 View attachment 206160 View attachment 206161

We saw the same crowds trying to get into the parks and one CM told us it was because yesterday they decided to begin taking photos of every guest as they entered the turnstiles, which slowed down the park entry process drastically. Odd to pick a race weekend/school holiday/Federal holiday/Friday to start trying that out, am I right? Such a confusing decision.

We gave up too and decided not to park-hop at all.

WOW!!!! That's awesome!! Congratulations Courtneybeth!

Two down, one to go! It was wall to wall people inside the parks yesterday and today, so it wasn't just the picture-taking slowing the entrance for people. Also, we went in CA early in the morning for extra magic hour yesterday and RSR and ToT were both down. Went over to Soarin', waited in line about 20 minutes, and were the next two to be sent to a concourse when it went down. Went back to RSR which had started back up with a 45 minute wait. About 1 1/2 hours in the park before riding a thing. Discouraged because we had hurried to get in early after the 5k and it was a bust. On a brighter note, the race was awesome and so was the 10K. Can't wait for the half!

How early before the start of the 10k did everyone arrive today? And how was it getting through security? We're staying at the Geand Californian and trying to figure out what time you to leave the hotel.

We saw the same crowds trying to get into the parks and one CM told us it was because yesterday they decided to begin taking photos of every guest as they entered the turnstiles, which slowed down the park entry process drastically. Odd to pick a race weekend/school holiday/Federal holiday/Friday to start trying that out, am I right? Such a confusing decision.

Two down, one to go! It was wall to wall people inside the parks yesterday and today, so it wasn't just the picture-taking slowing the entrance for people. Also, we went in CA early in the morning for extra magic hour yesterday and RSR and ToT were both down. Went over to Soarin', waited in line about 20 minutes, and were the next two to be sent to a concourse when it went down. Went back to RSR which had started back up with a 45 minute wait. About 1 1/2 hours in the park before riding a thing. Discouraged because we had hurried to get in early after the 5k and it was a bust. On a brighter note, the race was awesome and so was the 10K. Can't wait for the half!

Thanks so much to both of you for reporting in! Knowing this makes us happy with our decision to bail and try to use our tickets tomorrow! And no kidding - maybe try this new photo thing out on a non-holiday!!

Congrats! Happy to hear the great review! Did it take a long time to get through security? Trying to figure out timing for tomorrow morning!

We were told that yesterday was a day that cast members could sign in guests, in addition to kids being out of school for Veterans Day. They've been taking pictures of non-passholders for a while because I always get stuck behind them. I think thousands of people decided it was a beautiful day/weekend to visit.

We just got home from doing the 5K as a family and DH and I completed our first 10K. PR record for both DH and I. We completed the 10K at a 13 min mile (this is awesome for us as we are slow runners). We are planning on doing the 5, 10, and half marathon at the Disney World Marathon weekend in 2018! So excited for the bling we brought home this weekend!

15094837_10208872676549024_1755015378739289936_n-jpg.206300

All of the support from cast members and volunteers wear awesome!

We also loved the course and once we got into the parks I was so motivated by the music and just being in the parks that we had a PR this weekend also! We had a great weekend and can't wait until our next RunDisney event!

Saw on Facebook how AP holders had an area and got Special coke cans - that's pretty cool, hope any of you AP holders found it.

and Today for the half I saw posted there was a Nesquick chocolate milk area - say what?! Was this just for the half? Hope it becomes a trend for both DL & WDW.

NOthing of the sorts were at WIne & DIne last weekend.

Had a great time at the half this morning! I had a PR also, which I am not sure how it happened as I was undertrained and partially injured going in. But something about the Disneyland races must speak to my inner runner (previous Half PR was at Tink 2014). I thought the volunteers were awesome this morning. They really seemed to care about cheering for us and helping us. Biggest positive change I noticed was the different colored cups for Powerade and water. A small thing but a HUGE help.

Now if I could just teleport myself to a park bench....

Had a splendid time running the half yesterday. Truly enjoyed seeing the cos play folks and swing dancers before and after Angels stadium.

Wish I could have spent more time in DL, 28 hours on the ground in Cali is rough. I'm getting too old to do this and be at work at 6:30am EST the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter