******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys--hope everything works out for everyone--do you think I'll be alright with standard POP rooms booked on November 2?

Guys, I had a dream last night that FD came out and I missed it!! More like a nightmare! Lol I was so stressed that I woke my self up! Went back to sleep but ... sheesh!
I usually stay up during odd hours, so it's a rather good thing for nabbing discounts on all things travel. It seems that airlines and Disney like to release their steep discounts at odd times (when most people are asleep, go figure).
Yikes.....you must of woke up sweating profusely.....

My experience has been that the FD BB offer is normally available for the following year when your trip to book the FD falls in late Aug - Nov. Not sure about other dates but I know I've booked during all of those. This Sept we'll be staying for our 6th FD BB in a row, always booked the year before. Here's hoping this Sept we'll be able to book FD for 2018. :)

I'm still kicking myself that we didn't book our BB when we were there last year. We couldn't decided where we wanted to stay and I now realize that I might have been able to change the resort. We had the money to book so we should have just done it. Lesson learned.

I don't know. But I've been told and read even in this thread that POR did not get offered for free dining in Nov or Dec. but glad I'm not the only one who saw this!! Things must show up different on phone it looked like you only quoted me. Yes that was my experience as well. The more I looked the better the options got. And I hear people say things like the dates were very limited and very few rooms... I was pleasantly surprised at what I could find a month after FD dropped. And I was a month late booking in 2014. This year looks tougher for sure just surprised by some people's perspective of last year.
I think DisneyLover99 was talking about Royal Rooms at POR up until October 1. POR was definitely excluded after that for FD. They wouldn't release available rooms into the FD inventory if the resort wasn't included for those months in the FD offer. I am not saying you didn't get one, you might have just received some pixie dust!:teeth: I am hoping they include POR this year for November!

lol no but I did have all the blankets off of me. So maybe I was sweaty but kicked them off? Either way, it seems I tossed around quite a bit!

Oh FD, see what you do to us?
I just checked my email and saw that this thread had jumped ahead more than 5 pages from yesterday! I got really nervous that I had missed the start of FD, LOL!:scared:

I just checked my email and saw that this thread had jumped ahead more than 5 pages from yesterday! I got really nervous that I had missed the start of FD, LOL!:scared:
Oh my gosh, you too?!
Haha no, we're all just getting antsy. Plus, I believe people have more time to post on the weekends :)

I'm really stressed about missing FD because if we can't, we won't be able to go this year :(

I think DisneyLover99 was talking about Royal Rooms at POR up until October 1. POR was definitely excluded after that for FD. They wouldn't release available rooms into the FD inventory if the resort wasn't included for those months in the FD offer. I am not saying you didn't get one, you might have just received some pixie dust!:teeth: I am hoping they include POR this year for November!

Oh my gosh, I'm so confused now I don't know what I said. :rotfl:

You're right. I was just thinking that KimBean meant that there was lots of availability in May for royal rooms. I didn't clue in to the fact she said for booking in December. I didn't see the option to book at POR past October 1st. I agree, she must have got some pixie dust. :)

Oh my gosh, you too?!
Haha no, we're all just getting antsy. Plus, I believe people have more time to post on the weekends :)n
I'm really stressed about missing FD because if we can't, we won't be able to go this year :(
I think as long as we keep watch on this thread we have The Dirty Steve and Black to help us out!:teeth: We also have each other unless the board goes down for maintenance when FD is announced like last year!:scared:

Oh my gosh, I'm so confused now I don't know what I said. :rotfl:

You're right. I was just thinking that KimBean meant that there was lots of availability in May for royal rooms. I didn't clue in to the fact she said for booking in December. I didn't see the option to book at POR past October 1st. I agree, she must have got some pixie dust. :)

:laughing: This board is messing with our heads! We need FD soon before we all go a little crazy!:crazy:

I think as long as we keep watch on this thread we have The Dirty Steve and Black to help us out!:teeth: We also have each other unless the board goes down for maintenance when FD is announced like last year!:scared:
Did it really go down last year for maintenance during FD? That would of sucked

This site goes down every night at 4 am. (For anyone that isn't also an insomniac!!!)

Yes! Everyone was joking that Disney must know when the DIS site does maintenance and decided to release the offer then, LOL. We knew thanks to Black and the Dirty Steve the night it was most likely going to be released so most people on the FD 2016 thread were up and constantly checking even when the DIS went down. When it came back up I think everyone already new FD had dropped!:)

Yes! Everyone was joking that Disney must know when the DIS site does maintenance and decided to release the offer then, LOL. We knew thanks to Black and the Dirty Steve the night it was most likely going to be released so most people on the FD 2016 thread were up and constantly checking even when the DIS went down. When it came back up I think everyone already new FD had dropped!:)
I remember that I slept on the couch that night and woke up every 30 minutes to check the board and Disney website. The board was unavailable and the fd offer was there. I was only able to reserve a water view at bc with fd. I kept checking daily and eventually a standard room with fd at bc opened up. I was so excited!!

The last time I used FD was in December of 2009. Back then I just got online and saw that this deal was available. I took weeks to think about it and decide, and I was still able to book two rooms. I didn't even start planning until fall either. Has it really gotten this competitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter