• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Sorry if this was posted before. But what way does the second parade travel. Down main st Toward the castle or toward the train station?

I found it along that side entrance when you get your first bag of candy then later in the evening they moved it where the graveyard diggers met.

Do you mean the Pumpkin Bulb?
View attachment 346790

There's one just like it but it has Mickey's face on it?

Just confirming, the Mickey Bulb?

View attachment 346795
Sorry, not the bulb. It was a hand held prop, just like the Boo to You parade and Hocus Pocus prop. It was one of the props the PhotoPass photographer walked down Main Street with before the parade for anyone that wanted to take a picture with it. It's a pumpkin with a face and Mickey ears (similar to the bulb). It's not new to the Halloween party because we definitely saw it last year. I just couldn't find any photos of it online. :confused3

I have the same dilemma, only 1 week earlier. Currently trying to decide between 9/21 or 9/23. Both nights would work in our plans, Friday a tiny bit better because we leave Mon 9/24 at 10am, but wouldn't have a problem with being out till 1am the night before.
Oh gosh after hearing about all this rain at tonight’s party I wonder if we should just wait to see weather. I was at a downpouring party one year and it was not fun. The 1st parade was cancelled and 2nd was majorly delayed so we stood in a spot on Main Street for almost 2 hours with 4 little girls. I do like the idea of Friday because we leave Wednesday and we all get to enjoy the candy in our room for more days. Anyone know if Friday night parties in September get crazy crowds???

Sorry, not the bulb. It was a hand held prop, just like the Boo to You parade and Hocus Pocus prop. It was one of the props the PhotoPass photographer walked down Main Street with before the parade for anyone that wanted to take a picture with it. It's a pumpkin with a face and Mickey ears (similar to the bulb). It's not new to the Halloween party because we definitely saw it last year. I just couldn't find any photos of it online. :confused3

I cannot for the life of me picture it from last year. I know I didn't post an image of it in the "MNSSHP Magic Shots & More" post last year either because I would still have it in my file. Grrr! I hope it pops up before it becomes a "Nightmare Before Christmas." :laughing:

We were there tonight.

The rain sucked and the CM’s seemed confused as to which characters would come out and where.

But all in all a great party where we accomplished all we wanted...

1. Filled our bags, treat lines were very short starting at 9
2. Met the characters we wanted...Alice/mad hatter, queen and tweedles, Tarzan, Jafar, Cruella (frustrating since she roams)
3. Saw the villain show, the fireworks and the 2nd parade (found front row spots by the country bears 5 minutes prior)
4. Rode a few rides before and during party...HM, Pirates, space, splash, Pooh.

I’m thinking this wasn’t a “full” party at all...

We were at tinght’s Party. Arrived about 2 hours later than anticipated after riding out the storm in our room.

THere from 6:00 onwards. Wasn’t overly crowded I didn’t find based on wait time. Waited 35 for 7 dwarfs bit that was also right st 7:00. Walked on to Pooh, people Mover, under the Sea, Big Thunder. Minimal wait (15 mins or less) Teachps, space Mtn, Splash. Tons of candy so taking home lots to share!

Chose not to do any of the specialty Halloween activities (our choice) and had a great evening! Enjoyed MNSSHP but for our family, MVMCP is just a better fit.

Great evening though. All those going later, have fun!!

We are planning on being in MK early afternoon the day of our party. The whole family has costumes. Would it be weird to be walking around in them before 4? Should we change into them close to 4? Or would we be ok in them when we arrive at 2:30/3?
Wear them to the park! It’s not weird at all. You will see some other people walking around early with costumes on. :)

So we went to the Aug. 24th and 28th party.....just a few comparisons/observations.

The rain definitely kept people away earlier in the evening on the 28th. Ride lines were virtually non-existent between 4-7pm. and they were quite low all evening. I don’t think any rides went down on the 28th either. There were so many rides that went down on the 24th. Crowded walk ways and longer wait times were the norm. Even though it was raining on the 28th, rides like seven dwarfs, big thunder and splash were up and running.

Candy lines moved quicker on the 28th. Popcorn lines were much shorter. Pecos Bills and Cosmic Rays had manageable lines and available tables throughout the evening.

Crowds for parade viewing in Frontierland and fireworks viewing in front of Casey’s seemed about the same for both nights. Not too crowded. Totally manageable.

We had an excellent time at both parties! :)
One day, I hope to try a rain free party.

We were there tonight.

The rain sucked and the CM’s seemed confused as to which characters would come out and where.

2. Met the characters we wanted...Alice/mad hatter, queen and tweedles, Tarzan, Jafar, Cruella (frustrating since she roams)
3. Saw the villain show, the fireworks and the 2nd parade (found front row spots by the country bears 5 minutes prior)

How long was the wait for the Tweedles/QoH?

I don't think this is true at all. Your posts have helped many and I certainly appreciate the time you take to help others. Keep up the great work! :thumbsup2

Thank you!

I know you don’t post pictures of yourself, but I’d love to see how your pics turned out with the fireworks in the background! An MK fireworks photo is on my bucket list for sure! Hopefully there’s a way to crop yourself out of the shot so we can see how that looks. And where is the photographer located that you used? Thanks so much!!

I'll see what I can do.

We were there tonight.

Thank you so much for the report! Sounds like you had a fun time!

So you did manage to find Cruella for a photo? About how long did it take you, and where did you find her?

Thank you so much for the report! Sounds like you had a fun time!

So you did manage to find Cruella for a photo? About how long did it take you, and where did you find her?
We found Cruella after the fireworks - asked a bunch of character handlers. She was walking from the carousel towards tea cups. We managed to get a picture taken by another guest. She seemed all alone. I kept thinking someone in a good costume could actually pretend to be her...lol

By special request, for @Cluelyss --

I was standing next to the water, across from Country Bears in Frontierland, watching the fireworks, when I looked over a little bit and saw a Photopass photographer. He was taking pictures of people standing next to the big pumpkin, DURING the fireworks! He was getting pictures of people with the fireworks in the background. (The big pumpkin is next to the water across from Country Bears.)

Results may vary, because you don't know which fireworks will go off while you are standing there.

P.S. Please don't put these on Page 1!

I was standing next to the water, across from Country Bears in Frontierland, watching the fireworks, when I looked over a little bit and saw a Photopass photographer. He was taking pictures of people standing next to the big pumpkin, DURING the fireworks! He was getting pictures of people with the fireworks in the background. (The big pumpkin is next to the water across from Country Bears.)

Results may vary, because you don't know which fireworks will go off while you are standing there.

Thx for posting I am thinking I just might order the 1 day PhotoPass for the party

Nice ghost costume. Very traditional.

FYI for those itching to point it out, yes, I know this isn't a ghost costume.

We found Cruella after the fireworks - asked a bunch of character handlers. She was walking from the carousel towards tea cups. We managed to get a picture taken by another guest. She seemed all alone. I kept thinking someone in a good costume could actually pretend to be her...lol

That sounds difficult! And agreed that it's a little strange from a "this is an official character" point-of-view. Hopefully I can find her in under 30 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter