Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

Does anyone have info on when MK will begin to decorate for fall/Halloween? I know I've seen it here somewhere but a quick search is not yielding an info.
TIA.

Do they give out bags for (non-allergy) trick or treating? Or do you take your own?

They've always given a small themed (like lunch sack sized) plastic bag to ToT. I do carry one but I also bring a big ziplock and empty the treat bag into it and then carry the ziplock in my backpack.

However if it's just the same M&Ms variety as last few times I'll probably do the Allergy route which takes much less room LOL.

What recommendations do you have for alternative Halloween night fun if we couldn't snag tickets? We have two kids 8 and 12. I've thought about resort hopping or checking with our resort to see what they plan to offer that night.

What recommendations do you have for alternative Halloween night fun if we couldn't snag tickets? We have two kids 8 and 12. I've thought about resort hopping or checking with our resort to see what they plan to offer that night.
You could check out Fort Wilderness. Campsites are usually decorated really well and in the past, you could trick or treat.

You could check out Fort Wilderness. Campsites are usually decorated really well and in the past, you could trick or treat.
Not recommended- the past few years the Fort has finally cracked down on the hundreds upon hundreds (thousands?) of outside people coming there to trick or treat- it was meant to be just something for the campers there and it got way out of control. So now they have guards checking magic bands to be sure you’re registered there as a camper on Halloween night.

Just in case anybody didn’t realize it but this is not trick-or-treat sponsored by Disney. It’s done by campers for the Fort‘s kids.

I would suggest you come over the day before to tour the loops and see the incredible camper decoration…some are just amazing and so much fun. Just not on Halloween night. 🎃

Seaworld's Halloween Spooktacular! GREAT fun for the whole family.....everyone can dress up in their costumes and go trick or treating, and there are lots of other themed activities and events running throughout the day. It's super fun, super colorful, and included with regular park admission. The event runs until 7 pm, so you would still have time to have a fun dinner that evening or do the resort visits you were considering.

Someone somewhere earlier in the thread posted a bunch of pictures of what each resort was doing on Halloween last year. Hopefully this year the resorts will also have special things/parties/trick or treating also. 🤞🏻

Someone somewhere earlier in the thread posted a bunch of pictures of what each resort was doing on Halloween last year. Hopefully this year the resorts will also have special things/parties/trick or treating also. 🤞🏻
I’ll look for that! Thanks so much!

Seaworld's Halloween Spooktacular! GREAT fun for the whole family.....everyone can dress up in their costumes and go trick or treating, and there are lots of other themed activities and events running throughout the day. It's super fun, super colorful, and included with regular park admission. The event runs until 7 pm, so you would still have time to have a fun dinner that evening or do the resort visits you were considering.
I hadn’t heard of that. Definitely sounds like fun. My kids are too young for Universal Halloween Horror Nights.

I hadn’t heard of that. Definitely sounds like fun. My kids are too young for Universal Halloween Horror Nights.

This event is all about the kids. One of Orlando's best kept Halloween secrets for those with 12-and-under kids.....but still fun for all regardless of age. My husband and I have gone in years past, dressed up, and had a ball....without any children in tow.

https://seaworld.com/orlando/events/halloween-spooktacular/

I also would recommend attractions that are longer time-wise. I am attending August 10th and plan to at least do Country Bear Jamboree and Enchanted Tiki Room during that time (in addition to getting a Citrus Swirl float). I would like to do Splash Mountain if the wait isn't too long. Maybe Small World and Jungle Cruise if I decide I want to ride either one. I'm personally most interested in how the 30-minute gap between park close and event starting will be handled (I haven't been to an After Hours event with a gap). I'm not personally interested in the fireworks.
I'm interested in this as well. We'll be there the same night as you. At AK they often had a 30-minute gap. Iirc, they closed DINOSAUR during that time but that might have been the only one. It will be a great advantage to those of us attending that first party to have that gap between park close and event start.

Not recommended- the past few years the Fort has finally cracked down on the hundreds upon hundreds (thousands?) of outside people coming there to trick or treat- it was meant to be just something for the campers there and it got way out of control. So now they have guards checking magic bands to be sure you’re registered there as a camper on Halloween night.
Interesting. We were in Fort Wilderness last October and didn’t have any issues getting in and out. Too bad it got out of control, we had fun decorating.

Does anyone have info on when MK will begin to decorate for fall/Halloween? I know I've seen it here somewhere but a quick search is not yielding an info.
TIA.

The schedule might be different this year since they are decorating for the 50th as well. I believe I read somewhere that Halloween/fall decorations would be less at MK this year because of the 50th?

The schedule might be different this year since they are decorating for the 50th as well. I believe I read somewhere that Halloween/fall decorations would be less at MK this year because of the 50th?
Well that's disappointing to those of us who are not going for the 50th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter