***Official April 2024 Thread***

Interesting wanted to try that new Rosa Mexicano at the Dolphin..no adrs showing for our arrival day April 13 on the Disney site...
OpenTable however had almost every time slot open for dinner.. in case you're looking for that reservation.

So excited! We are going in late April and our ADR window opens up this week. I have never made ADRs before and have been reading up here on strategy. This is the order I was going to book, along with the day I am trying to get. Any thoughts or suggestions on shuffling this order is appreciated (and if there is a better thread to do this, please let me know - but you are all going in April too!). We are going for 7 nights so I am booking for day 60 until day 60+7. All dinners would be around 6:30, so at a fairly an in demand time.

Space 220 - whatever we can get for a dinner
Cinderella Royal Table dinner - 60+3
Topolino's terrace breakfast - 60+7
Fantasmic Dining package for Sci-Fi(!) - 60+2 - is this doable?
Ohana dinner - 60+4
Sebastian's Bistro dinner - 60
Oga's for a 2:30 snack - 60+5
Epcot Rose and Crown, Biergarten to fill the last two dinners

So excited! We are going in late April and our ADR window opens up this week. I have never made ADRs before and have been reading up here on strategy. This is the order I was going to book, along with the day I am trying to get. Any thoughts or suggestions on shuffling this order is appreciated (and if there is a better thread to do this, please let me know - but you are all going in April too!). We are going for 7 nights so I am booking for day 60 until day 60+7. All dinners would be around 6:30, so at a fairly an in demand time.

Ohana dinner - 60+4
You do have some harder ones to get there. Do you have someone who can help you when it comes time? DH and I both tackle our list. We each take the hard-to-get ones as our first one and then work down our list. It has worked well we have always gotten everything so far.

You do have some harder ones to get there. Do you have someone who can help you when it comes time? DH and I both tackle our list. We each take the hard-to-get ones as our first one and then work down our list. It has worked well we have always gotten everything so far.
thanks for the suggestion - I know I am aiming for the moon here. I had not thought to ask my husband, but he is up a lot of the time anyway. If we both log in can we book ADR for the same account at the same time, from 2 computers?
And do you think the order is right?

thanks for the suggestion - I know I am aiming for the moon here. I had not thought to ask my husband, but he is up a lot of the time anyway. If we both log in can we book ADR for the same account at the same time, from 2 computers?
And do you think the order is right?
Yes, I sign him into my account on one computer and I am on the other. We both are signed onto our phones also all under my account (I do it that way so that all the confirmation emails will come to my email). How many are in your party?

Yes, I sign him into my account on one computer and I am on the other. We both are signed onto our phones also all under my account (I do it that way so that all the confirmation emails will come to my email). How many are in your party?
There’s four of us! Two adults, two kids.

Ohana dinner - 60+4

A note about the Fantasmic Dining Package for Sci-Fi—we tried to get it for 60+5 for our trip, which starts on 4/7. The only times available for dinner were before 5PM. Various lunch reservations were available as well. We decided on a regular dinner reservation at 6:50 and to skip Fantasmic this time since we’re doing Luminous the next night, but of course that’s just me/us.

Overall, good luck with it all, your list is great! And definitely try the Touring Plans reservation finder for anything you can’t get.

A note about the Fantasmic Dining Package for Sci-Fi—we tried to get it for 60+5 for our trip, which starts on 4/7. The only times available for dinner were before 5PM. Various lunch reservations were available as well. We decided on a regular dinner reservation at 6:50 and to skip Fantasmic this time since we’re doing Luminous the next night, but of course that’s just me/us.

Overall, good luck with it all, your list is great! And definitely try the Touring Plans reservation finder for anything you can’t get.
Regrettably the TP reservation finder has been out of commission for a while. Stinks.. Mou$edining allows you 6 free searches however..

Given my split stay reserved the second half of my trip this morning.. I got to say this was easy..got almost everything I desired (except for the unicorn Space 220 lounge). Will see about 1900 Park Fare when those are available next month.
April 13 Rosa Mexicano dinner.
April 14 hopefully 1900 Park Fare breakfast before we go to our first park of the trip...Magic Kingdom. Maybe boat over to Geyser Point for lunch after.
April 15 nada. Animal Kingdom so probably will go to a combo of Satuuli and Nomad Lounge.
This may be where I go to Biergarten solo after AK closes at 6p.
April 16 Space 220 lunch.
April 17 Beaches and Cream lunch after we check out of Boardwalk.
Ohana anniversary dinner.
April 18 50s Prime Time Fantasmic dinner...not sure why these are so early. 410 for dinner is fine but why is that the latest when the non package reservations are so open?
April 19 Garden Grill breakfast. We can't skip Chip and Dale this year!
April 20. Last day in the parks so not planning on a reservation. Maybe Restaurantosaurus (love that name) for a QS lunch in AK.
April 21. Tears and anger as we depart back to reality But first...
Chef Art Smiths Homecomin Brunch...greasy goodness and moonshine on tap.
In between all of this I am sure there will be Captain cooks meatballs, lapu lapus and dozens of assorted adult beverages, dole whips (with or without rum), and greatness such as frozen grand mariners, yorkshire fish and chips, and those World Showcase flower and garden booths.
Maybe some of us here will be at the same place at the same time and not even know it!
Happy planning!

So I’ve been wondering about this! If I do a search at anytime for any restaurant, it looks like they just don’t have regular dinner times for the fantasmic dining package? I may have to get a lunch - thanks for the feedback!!!

So I’ve been wondering about this! If I do a search at anytime for any restaurant, it looks like they just don’t have regular dinner times for the fantasmic dining package? I may have to get a lunch - thanks for the feedback!!!

I haven’t done the Fantasmic dining package in a long time, but I thought the times were always earlier than normal dinner time. It was Disney’s way of getting the restaurants full at off times but charge more than normal prices.

I’m trying hard to keep our ADRs light. This is supposed to be a go with the flow trip so I will add more the day of if needed. Also hoping to do a few places off site. Staying at BLT

Sat- GF Cafe lunch

Sun- Easter. Chef Mickey breakfast. Artist Point dinner. Really wanted Steakhouse 71 brunch but they never released any opening for the day. Might switch Chef Mickey to a different day if it ever opens up.

Mon-Tues we will be our Discovery Cove/Seaworld days. Might grab some Steakhouse 71 take out breakfast or dinner those days

Wed- MK day- fighting the urge to book an adr. We always do Crystal Palace. Also love LTT. DD wants to try CRT. However, I’d really like to try some snacks like the cinnamon roll at Gaston’s, waffle at Sleepy Hollow, cheeseburger egg rolls, coconut dole whip, corn dog nuggets at Casey, and the Chesire Cat tail. I’m always to full at MK to try any of these. So right now, I’m holding strong with no adr. We’ll see if I can stick to it.

Thurs- Ohana dinner. Used to be a favorite but haven’t been since DD19 turned 10. No way I was paying adult prices for her to order chicken nuggets. Now, DS is 9 so we will bring him and DD6 for the first and probably last time since he’ll be 10 next year. Hoping it’s as good as it was back then.

I haven’t done the Fantasmic dining package in a long time, but I thought the times were always earlier than normal dinner time. It was Disney’s way of getting the restaurants full at off times but charge more than normal prices.

That's my suspicion as well. If we try again next trip, we'll probably plan on lunch, since they seem to offer pretty normal lunchtimes!

Update:
Our adult sons have decided to join us for a few days so we're cutting short our stay at Ormond Beach and arriving a few days earlier in Orlando on 4/6, staying at a Fairfield Inn near Universal. Then at Lowes Royal Pacific on 4/7 for express passes, All Star Music on 4/8 for early entry to MK/HS then to our original plan of Residence Inn, Flamingo Crossings after our sons leave, 4/9-4/15. Getting very excited about our new plans!

Given my split stay reserved the second half of my trip this morning.. I got to say this was easy..got almost everything I desired (except for the unicorn Space 220 lounge). Will see about 1900 Park Fare when those are available next month.
April 13 Rosa Mexicano dinner.
April 14 hopefully 1900 Park Fare breakfast before we go to our first park of the trip...Magic Kingdom. Maybe boat over to Geyser Point for lunch after.
April 15 nada. Animal Kingdom so probably will go to a combo of Satuuli and Nomad Lounge.
This may be where I go to Biergarten solo after AK closes at 6p.
April 16 Space 220 lunch.
April 17 Beaches and Cream lunch after we check out of Boardwalk.
Ohana anniversary dinner.
April 18 50s Prime Time Fantasmic dinner...not sure why these are so early. 410 for dinner is fine but why is that the latest when the non package reservations are so open?
April 19 Garden Grill breakfast. We can't skip Chip and Dale this year!
April 20. Last day in the parks so not planning on a reservation. Maybe Restaurantosaurus (love that name) for a QS lunch in AK.
April 21. Tears and anger as we depart back to reality But first...
Chef Art Smiths Homecomin Brunch...greasy goodness and moonshine on tap.
In between all of this I am sure there will be Captain cooks meatballs, lapu lapus and dozens of assorted adult beverages, dole whips (with or without rum), and greatness such as frozen grand mariners, yorkshire fish and chips, and those World Showcase flower and garden booths.
Maybe some of us here will be at the same place at the same time and not even know it!
Happy planning!

Oh, you got the Space 220 lunch! I'm hoping I'm as lucky as you are! Great ADRs, btw.
Our window opens on wednesday - we're actually arriving the day your group are leaving. Too bad we won't bump into each other at the F&G booths!

Oh, you got the Space 220 lunch! I'm hoping I'm as lucky as you are! Great ADRs, btw.
Our window opens on wednesday - we're actually arriving the day your group are leaving. Too bad we won't bump into each other at the F&G booths!
Maybe next time! Yeah would really prefer the lounge since my mother in law and kids eat like birds..how much space-ghetti would make it worth the prefixe price for my adult.11 year old?
However I will throw it on my magic band and cry later as usual.

Our ADR day is 2/20 (6:00 a.m. right after a three day weekend - yay!) and this is what we're hoping for. Some old favorites, some new places to try:

Space 220 (missed it last time, hoping for the best)
Trattoria al Forno
San Angel Inn
Steakhouse 71
Be Our Guest
Rainforest Cafe (I know, I know, but our kids love it - I'm still hoping to convince them otherwise)

ADR day was today and we got everything on the above list. This was probably the easiest time we've had making reservations! Even Space 220 was readily available at 60+4 for lunch, though the lounge was nowhere to be seen all the way through 60+6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter