**Official February 2024 Thread**

Just joining the thread, we will be there Feb 16-26. Split stay between Grand Floridian villas, Boardwalk villas and Poly! Excited about the announcement of Disney after hours events, only one that lines up with our dates is our favorite, Hollywood studios :)

Welcome the the thread. Got you added. I didn't even realize they had announced after hour events so I went and checked and the only one that lines up with our trip is EPCOT. That's our least favorite park so I won't be purchasing tickets. Hopefully the extended hours for deluxe guests will line up for us for Magic Kingdom, but since they haven't been announced yet, It's still a waiting game for that.

Hi! I've booked a solo trip for January 31-February 5, staying at ASMu (for now, that might change).

Does anyone know if Animal Kingdom showed the Tree of Life Awakenings projections last year when the park closed at 7? I've searched the DIS and the web and can't find a schedule. All I come up with are vague or contradictory references saying as long as it's after dark, or only when the park closes at 8. Last year AK was open until 8 on the Saturday of my week, but closed at 7 on all other days. I didn't want to plan AK for Saturday but I will if it's the only way to see the projections.

My wife and I will be arriving Feb 2nd for a adults only trip. Staying at Yacht Club. Can't wait!

Got you add to the list most of my trips now are just my husband and I and we love our adults only trips. We are just waiting until our adult kids are ready to take our grandkids though and will be back to trips with little ones

Hi! I've booked a solo trip for January 31-February 5, staying at ASMu (for now, that might change).

Does anyone know if Animal Kingdom showed the Tree of Life Awakenings projections last year when the park closed at 7? I've searched the DIS and the web and can't find a schedule. All I come up with are vague or contradictory references saying as long as it's after dark, or only when the park closes at 8. Last year AK was open until 8 on the Saturday of my week, but closed at 7 on all other days. I didn't want to plan AK for Saturday but I will if it's the only way to see the projections.

Got you added to our list. I don't know the answer to your question because we haven't been since 2022 and we skipped AK that trip because there was still so much closed on that trip we just skipped it (which meant I sadly didn't get to ride FOP that trip), but hopefully someone else will have an answer for you.

Doing a first ever solo trip from the 19th-22nd at BW before meeting family members at Universal for a few days. Haven’t been to Disney in 7 years so excited to be back (and to try a solo trip!).

Doing a first ever solo trip from the 19th-22nd at BW before meeting family members at Universal for a few days. Haven’t been to Disney in 7 years so excited to be back (and to try a solo trip!).

Got you added to the list. I am hoping to take my first solo trip next year in August or later. We will see if it happens

Finally bought and linked our tickets today. Now to figure out over the course of 19 days where we want to eat so I can made ADRs.

We're doing another trip with the sisters - my sister and my husband's sister. The sisters will be staying at an off site condo and DH and I will be at the WL. We will have to think extra hard about how we want to do this trip, since scheduling will be different for them. The one good thing is that my sister will have a car and that will help a lot with Disney Springs. :)

I've been working on possible park days because I can make ADRs in 13 days. So far the only sit down I have on my list is Roundup Rodeo. Even though the reviews are mixed, I want to try it myself. I might do a breakfast ADR somewhere if I can get an early time slot somewhere. I am more of a breakfast person if I am eating a bigger meal but prefer snacking the rest of the day. Other than that we are probably going to just do quick service meals. Of course a lot can change in 2 weeks.

Any one able to snag the cyber Monday deals from southwest? Our flight home went down about 50 dollars and when I clicked it, it showed I could get up to 3700 points back for me and 3700 points back for my husband. I debated doing it because I didn't want to lose my place in line for earlybird check in (get bumped to the bottom of the check in rotation) but decided it was worth it. However when I clicked it I got a message saying "Things fly fast around here" and it was going to cost me more points to change it. I tried a couple more times throughout the day and it always showed a refund until I clicked to change it then I would get the same message about it going to cost an additional amount of points instead of a refund. I took that as a sign not to change it LOL. Just curious if anyone else got a good deal yesterday.

Any one able to snag the cyber Monday deals from southwest?
I checked Southwest at several different times yesterday and there weren't any deals that were lower than the price we paid a few months ago. It was disappointing.

I get to join in! 👋 DH came home yesterday with awesome news. We will be staying at AKL Feb. 11-13 for an unexpected work trip! Woohoo! We are going to pay for a room the 13th (due to work and flight constraints), but we're okay with that. No clue which Disney property we'll choose yet. No clue what DS7 and I will do while DH works, but it's an extra Disney trip. Who cares?! 🤣

We already have a DCL trip set for June '24 (inaugural LC@LP, so $$$$ even for Disney) with resort days on the front and back end. This extra surprise trip will definitely need to be more budget friendly. Although, MK has extra hours on the 12th. Not sure I can pass on that!

I get to join in! 👋 DH came home yesterday with awesome news. We will be staying at AKL Feb. 11-13 for an unexpected work trip! Woohoo! We are going to pay for a room the 13th (due to work and flight constraints), but we're okay with that. No clue which Disney property we'll choose yet. No clue what DS7 and I will do while DH works, but it's an extra Disney trip. Who cares?! 🤣

We already have a DCL trip set for June '24 (inaugural LC@LP, so $$$$ even for Disney) with resort days on the front and back end. This extra surprise trip will definitely need to be more budget friendly. Although, MK has extra hours on the 12th. Not sure I can pass on that!

How fun. Got you added to the list

One week from today I get to make ADRs. I'm still unsure if we want any but I might try to snag a few just so I'll have them if we decide we want something.

Hello! We booked our trip a while back (June or July) but I’m new to finding this thread.

We’ll be at CBR Feb 18-24. It’ll be me, DH, our DD4, and my MIL and FIL. 2 separate rooms; I like my in-laws but one bathroom for 5 people is tough!

Of the 5 of us I’m the only one who’s been to WDW before, but my most recent trip was in 2008 and off-site. So lots to catch up on!

I think we’re overall in pretty good shape. Flights are booked (we’re doing SW and are on the same flights but 3 separate bookings due to SW saying discounted fares weren’t available for a party of 5 people, but they were for 3, then 1 and 1, with the last itinerary booked winding up being the cheapest, but unable to be applied to anyone else for credit 🙄). We booked during the September sale, I think it was, and costs have consistently risen for us since then, even on the Black Friday sale.

We still need transport from MCO, will probably do Mears.

We have 4-day single park tickets. Plan is to do each park one day with a full break day in the middle. I got together a massive Gdoc of restaurant and attraction suggestions. Tried to break it up by day but I think it’s still a bit overwhelming! DH and in-laws are looking it over. Tentative plan is to do one sit-down meal a day to give us all a break. DD4 is no longer napping so doubt we’ll head back to the resort for mid-day breaks. We’ll just see if we luck out with her crashing in the stroller as needed.

I’ve watched ride videos with DD4 so have an idea of what she’d like to do. However she’s never been to an amusement park at all (Legoland Discovery Center is the closest thing, but that’s much smaller than one of the parks) so not sure how she’ll do with everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter