**Official February 2024 Thread**

Hello! We booked our trip a while back (June or July) but I’m new to finding this thread.

We’ll be at CBR Feb 18-24. It’ll be me, DH, our DD4, and my MIL and FIL. 2 separate rooms; I like my in-laws but one bathroom for 5 people is tough!

Of the 5 of us I’m the only one who’s been to WDW before, but my most recent trip was in 2008 and off-site. So lots to catch up on!

I think we’re overall in pretty good shape. Flights are booked (we’re doing SW and are on the same flights but 3 separate bookings due to SW saying discounted fares weren’t available for a party of 5 people, but they were for 3, then 1 and 1, with the last itinerary booked winding up being the cheapest, but unable to be applied to anyone else for credit 🙄). We booked during the September sale, I think it was, and costs have consistently risen for us since then, even on the Black Friday sale.

We still need transport from MCO, will probably do Mears.

We have 4-day single park tickets. Plan is to do each park one day with a full break day in the middle. I got together a massive Gdoc of restaurant and attraction suggestions. Tried to break it up by day but I think it’s still a bit overwhelming! DH and in-laws are looking it over. Tentative plan is to do one sit-down meal a day to give us all a break. DD4 is no longer napping so doubt we’ll head back to the resort for mid-day breaks. We’ll just see if we luck out with her crashing in the stroller as needed.

I’ve watched ride videos with DD4 so have an idea of what she’d like to do. However she’s never been to an amusement park at all (Legoland Discovery Center is the closest thing, but that’s much smaller than one of the parks) so not sure how she’ll do with everything.

Got you added to the list. Isn't it frustrating how the same flights can't have the discounts applied.
We will probably just do Mears for our transportation fro the airport to resort and back as well. Last time (in 2022) we use private transportation but that's because we arrived so late and had to leave super early but this time the flight times are more reasonable (arrive to MCO around 6:30 pm and flying back home at 10:40 am so we are okay taking Mears.

We were able to just extend our stay at AKL to now check out on the 14th. Very thankful it was at a discount so we didn't have to split at a value. This will be our first time staying at a deluxe! I'm so excited!

Got the list updated. So glad y'all were able to just add it to your existing one.

I get to make ADRs on Friday. Those who have already gotten to make yours where did you decide on? I'm still thinking. Guess I better narrow it down!

Today was our ADR day. I was able to get Hoop Dee Doo review but had to settle for category 2, which I feel like isn't a very good view at all. I will keep looking for main floor. But I was able to get everything else I wanted except SciFi at the time I wanted. I have it for 10:50am and will keep looking for a better time.

I almost forgot about the ADR's. Luckily, I remembered at 7:05am Florida time. ;)

This is tooo crazy (and I think I've become a bit too crazy!!!)

I have a trip planned in May 2024 with my son, and my husband will join us for the last few days. Have been planning that since about April of this year!!!

My Disney loving friends planned a little trip in February and asked us to come along. Kiddo can't because of school... but I decided to go!!! They have DVC are we are staying at the Treehouse Villas. We'll do Disney after hours and two hopper days. I'm so thrilled to be able to do this fun and spontaneous trip with them! We'll be there Feb 12-15.

This is tooo crazy (and I think I've become a bit too crazy!!!)

I have a trip planned in May 2024 with my son, and my husband will join us for the last few days. Have been planning that since about April of this year!!!

My Disney loving friends planned a little trip in February and asked us to come along. Kiddo can't because of school... but I decided to go!!! They have DVC are we are staying at the Treehouse Villas. We'll do Disney after hours and two hopper days. I'm so thrilled to be able to do this fun and spontaneous trip with them! We'll be there Feb 12-15.

How fun! Got you added.

Today was our ADR day. I was able to get Hoop Dee Doo review but had to settle for category 2, which I feel like isn't a very good view at all. I will keep looking for main floor. But I was able to get everything else I wanted except SciFi at the time I wanted. I have it for 10:50am and will keep looking for a better time.

I almost forgot about the ADR's. Luckily, I remembered at 7:05am Florida time. ;)

So glad you basically got everything you wanted. We have only seen Hoop Dee Doo from category 1 and I'm not sure I'd want to watch from anywhere else, but I have read that category 2 has good views too.

We were in Category 2 last year and I thought it was wonderful (but it was my first time there). To me the venue is small and the cast moves around so much they were always coming right by our table. My son was selected as a special washboard player too. :-)

We were in Category 2 last year and I thought it was wonderful (but it was my first time there). To me the venue is small and the cast moves around so much they were always coming right by our table. My son was selected as a special washboard player too. :-)
I'm glad to hear that category 2 was a good view. We had category 3 seats the only other time we went to Hoop Dee Doo and they were along the railing. Our grandchildren who were ages 5 and 3 at the time especially enjoyed the swivel seats and the show. That was about ten years ago. :)

Just joining in! We’ll be staying at Pop Century Feb 25-Mar 6.

Looking forward to Flower & Garden Festival; I hope it actually starts March 1st 😊

Just joining in! We’ll be staying at Pop Century Feb 25-Mar 6.

Looking forward to Flower & Garden Festival; I hope it actually starts March 1st 😊

Welcome to the thread. I got you added to the lists. I've only been to Flower and Garden Festival once on a spring break girls trip (2021) but really loved all the character topiaries.

We got our magicbands yesterday. We weren't going to get new ones since we both have some old ones but I wanted a magicband plus so since I was ordering me one hubby decided to just get a new regualr magicband. I picked out the dumbo one. Its so cute and everytime I think of Dumbo I think of my oldest niece (who is 30 now) calling him Bumbo when she was little. Hubby opted for a plain one and didn't care what color so I got him a navy one. Now I just need to remember to charge mine before the trip.

We also made our ADRs the other day. We got Woody's roundup rodeo easily, which I knew we would since it doesn't have the best reviews. I'm not sure we will like it since my husband does some awesome ribs and bbq but we want to check it out (if for no other reason than for the experience). I also went with our tried and true Crystal palace breakfast. Hubby and I both like it. Then he suggested the Akershus breakfast since he knows I am a breakfast person. So I was able to get one of those. It may be awkward being two adults with no kids, but that's okay. We will mark it off our list of places we've eaten. I also got Steakhouse 71 but it's not until 8:15 pm so would cut into MK extra hours for deluxe guests so if we can't modify it to an earlier time we are cancelling it. So far, no luck on an earlier time though. I went in just planning to get roundup rodeo and one breakfast and ended up with something every day. But I figure it's better to have them just in case rather than not have it and want it later.

Our ADRs are in. We’re working with a TA and I’m so grateful she was able to make those for us. I’m currently sick with sinusitis and bronchitis and would’ve had a tough time yesterday getting up at 4 my time to make them. Got everything we wanted though for Topolino’s on our departure day we had to break into 2 parties. Who knows; DD4 may decide she doesn’t like the fur characters and we’ll cancel anyway.

We also have Akershaus breakfast, Oga’s, and Sci-Fi, and for us those are the highlights; for the rest the criteria was basically “will DD4 tolerate this while giving us all a bit of a midday break,” lol.

Our ADRs are in. We’re working with a TA and I’m so grateful she was able to make those for us. I’m currently sick with sinusitis and bronchitis and would’ve had a tough time yesterday getting up at 4 my time to make them. Got everything we wanted though for Topolino’s on our departure day we had to break into 2 parties. Who knows; DD4 may decide she doesn’t like the fur characters and we’ll cancel anyway.

We also have Akershaus breakfast, Oga’s, and Sci-Fi, and for us those are the highlights; for the rest the criteria was basically “will DD4 tolerate this while giving us all a bit of a midday break,” lol.

I hope you feel better soon. I am so glad you had a TA to help get your ADRs so you didn't have to do it while being under the weather. I loved Oga's when we went in 2022. I'm a star wars fan (Empire Strikes Back was my first movie in a theater), but hubby isn't a huge fan so I didn't get an ADR there this time. We don't drink alcohol but I loved their nonalcoholic options.

I hope you feel better soon awrites! Oga's is the only ADR I made this trip. I'm going solo and plan to do pretty much all quick service, but I've always wanted to see Oga's so now is my chance. I may also try to get into Nomad Lounge while I'm at AK. It's another one that has been on my list for a while.

I have hit the 40 day mark on the countdown calendar. I can't believe how quickly the wait has went by for this trip. hubby has meniscus surgery tomorrow so I am hoping he has a speedy recovery and his knee feels like new after surgery. He twisted his knee wrong trying to help his sister get her truck started and so I made him go get it checked with in a couple of days. I sure didn't want him in pain on our trip. Thankfully since he will still be somewhat recouping we can take it easy because it's just the two of us. So we won't have to be running around like crazy with a group of people.

It is now officially, official, because I booked our airline tickets today. ✈️
We were supposed to head to Disney in January, but my son is on swim team and they have a meet and practice, so I moved us to February. Then to find out baseball tryouts start on President's Day! These HS sports are killing my vacation planning. 🤣

So after all the changes we ended up at Pop for 1 night, Feb 14 - 15, then CBR Feb 15 - 18.
Hoping I don't regret that Pop reservation (cheer competition). As my hubby said, it's only 1 night and we won't even get there until about 6:30 pm. I'll keep stalking the website to maybe grab a last minute cancellation for CBR for the 14th. Regardless, it isn't Ohio in February. I'll take it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter