Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

8:15 BoG reservation. Park opens at 9. We were thinking of parking at TTC and then taking monorail over. I have read that sometimes the monorail doesn't start running until 8:30. We would be late! Would we be able to park at the Contemporary and walk over to MK? Or are they strict about parking there?

8:15 BoG reservation. Park opens at 9. We were thinking of parking at TTC and then taking monorail over. I have read that sometimes the monorail doesn't start running until 8:30. We would be late! Would we be able to park at the Contemporary and walk over to MK? Or are they strict about parking there?

You can't park at a resort (especially the Contemporary) for park access unless you're willing to pay for valet ($25 plus tip). If you're staying on property, just take the bus - it starts running at 6:30 am.

You can't park at a resort (especially the Contemporary) for park access unless you're willing to pay for valet ($25 plus tip). If you're staying on property, just take the bus - it starts running at 6:30 am.

We are leaving from MK going to the airport, so we really want to have the car. Is it possible to walk to MK from anywhere other than the Contemporary?

Where do the buses drop guests off for MK? At the TTC, right?

After some research it looks like the resort monorail starts running at 7am (express monorail starts 30 min before park opens), so we should be ok to park at TTC and take that to MK and make it in time for our BoG reservation. Thank you everyone!

After some research it looks like the resort monorail starts running at 7am (express monorail starts 30 min before park opens), so we should be ok to park at TTC and take that to MK and make it in time for our BoG reservation. Thank you everyone!
If it turns out that the Resort Monorail is not open, there should be buses running in its place. If the monorail's closed and you don't see a sign directing you to buses, walk out past the ticket booths and to the left, and enquire at the Bus Information booth.

My daughter and I are driving down for one day for Epcot F&G. We are staying off site. We would like to see Wishes one final time. My plan is to park at TTC, monorail to Epcot, then monorail back. We may end up just watching from TTC or the Poly, but we may hop over to MK.

Is there a way to get to Epcot from TTC if the monorail is down? And if it's down and we have to drive to the Epcot parking lot, will we have to pay for parking again?

My daughter and I are driving down for one day for Epcot F&G. We are staying off site. We would like to see Wishes one final time. My plan is to park at TTC, monorail to Epcot, then monorail back. We may end up just watching from TTC or the Poly, but we may hop over to MK.

Is there a way to get to Epcot from TTC if the monorail is down? And if it's down and we have to drive to the Epcot parking lot, will we have to pay for parking again?
If the Epcot monorail is not running, there should be buses running in it's place. There will be cm's at the monorail entrance directing you to the buses. If it's a planned outage (sometimes they shut down for a half hour to add or remove trains), buses should be available as soon as it goes down. If it's an unplanned outage, it can take 15 minutes or so to get the buses going, and sometimes the monorail is back running again by then or within a few minutes of it.

When you pay for theme park parking, get a receipt, and it will be valid for free entry to any theme park lot on the same day.

We will be staying at the Contemporary in May. Is there a bus that will take us directly to the water parks from there? or do we catch one at MK bus stop?

We will be staying at the Contemporary in May. Is there a bus that will take us directly to the water parks from there? or do we catch one at MK bus stop?
Sorry, but Disney has discontinued direct service to the waterparks from resorts, and there has never been direct service from MK.
  • For TL, you'll need to take the bus from your resort to DS, and board the shuttle bus.
  • For BB, take the bus to AK and transfer.
If you don't have any children under 6, you can take Lyft or Uber to from your resort to the waterparks. From CR, it will probably cost around $10-$15 for up to 4 riders, a few dollars more for 5 or 6.

So we are taking the Amtrak from Cary NC to Kissimmee tonight. We will get there tomorrow Morning. What is the best way to get to Disney. I was figuring Uber or Lyft but I have never used either one of those. Do people have a preference of companies? I've never really even taken a taxi but it looks like those might be more expensive.

Sorry, but Disney has discontinued direct service to the waterparks from resorts, and there has never been direct service from MK.
  • For TL, you'll need to take the bus from your resort to DS, and board the shuttle bus.
  • For BB, take the bus to AK and transfer
....so, the buses from the resorts to DS are no longer stopping at BB?

Hello, question here. I am planning on taking a uber from Art of Animation to Blizzard Beach because from what i'm reading having to go to disney springs to transfer is ridiculous. Now, can i go directly from Blizzard Beach to Animal Kingdom and how long would that take me?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter