***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

We arrived home today. The trip was not perfect but we still all had a great time! My 8 yo got a stomach bug literally upon entering MK and her and I turned around and went back to the resort and spent the day there. Then my son had a migraine on our MK day and left early. My oldest got the Disney rash and couldn't hang for her birthday at Epcot (opening day at the arts fest). And the toddler started throwing up at 2am on the ride home... So that was a bummer..

I am glad you were still able to have a great time despite the sickness. What is Disney rash? I've not heard of that before.

I fly tomorrow whoop whoop, and heading to the airport tonight after work to start the Vacay a day earlier. Although my poor in-laws are supposed to be driving down from Scotland today to join us - it's around an 8 hour drive but due to a very bad storm up north they've closed most of the road - the UK does very badly with Snow. So currently it's all a bit stressful for them, I do sympathize but as I getting on that plan tomorrow in-law or no in-law, I've waited to long for this trip. but fingers crossed it doesn't come to that. :shamrock:

Good luck to your parents. Here in Houston schools (and many roads) have been closed due to icy conditions. This has been a crazy winter so far.

I am glad you were still able to have a great time despite the sickness. What is Disney rash? I've not heard of that before.

It is also called golfer's rash or exercise induced vasculitis. The first time she had it we thought it was a contact allergy because it was above her sock line but I have since learned what it really is.

Just got back from a week at Disney Music resort and again came home with Bronchitis for the second time theres something with the air filtration systems in the rooms that isnt right i have traveled all over the country and i dont get sick i work outside yr round in all kinds of weather anyone else have this happen ? We have another trip planned in june and we are not staying at the value resort nxt time so if i get sick again i wont be going back unless its to ft wilderness in a motorhome i dont trust their air filtration systems
By any chance did you take out some sort of air filter and leave it outside the door? We happened to notice someone did that when we were at AsMusic at the same time. Hope you are feeling better, we brought the flu home with us but I blame our two year old that puts everything in her mouth :crazy2:

Grrrrrr.
Our vacation was suppose to be in September. But Hurricane Irma blew us away. Florida was under a State of Emergency as was the state of Alabama.
We moved to January.

NOW, Alabama is under a State of Emergency.

Good grief, people, I just want to get there.
We ended up leaving at 3:00am, this morning. We arrived at noon.

It was pretty dicey as we got out of town, but it didn't take long for the snow to clear up.

Good luck to your parents. Here in Houston schools (and many roads) have been closed due to icy conditions. This has been a crazy winter so far.
Absolutely. I'm in Houston too, and I am so behind in my preparations for my trip because of all the school and business closings. And our pipes freezing last night didn't help me get the laundry done!!! I just keep telling myself that the weather will be better at WDW, and whatever doesn't get done isn't important. (I wished I believed it though!!)

By any chance did you take out some sort of air filter and leave it outside the door? We happened to notice someone did that when we were at AsMusic at the same time. Hope you are feeling better, we brought the flu home with us but I blame our two year old that puts everything in her mouth :crazy2:

Maintainance do this at all of the resorts. Was at Beach Club once and a whole hallways of them had been taken out and replaced, with the old ones sitting outside to be collected

Maintainance do this at all of the resorts. Was at Beach Club once and a whole hallways of them had been taken out and replaced, with the old ones sitting outside to be collected
Thanks, just saw it outside one room for a few days so I thought maybe it was a personal request lol

Single Digits for our trip too! We hit up Legoland for a night/day first so I guess its still 10 days till Disney. What's everyone's thoughts on the weather?

Single Digits for our trip too! We hit up Legoland for a night/day first so I guess its still 10 days till Disney. What's everyone's thoughts on the weather?

I have been stalking the forecast. Still too far out to be super accurate, but this has stayed pretty consistent temperature wise:

Attachments

• 5A0E4262-B456-4F05-8497-0E41EABC798D.png
    5A0E4262-B456-4F05-8497-0E41EABC798D.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 15

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter