*** Official January 2024 Thread ***

So the weather for our trip is looking rainy and cold 😭
Dude, I've been watching the weather just for us to leave this weekend and it's been all over the place. It changes hourly and I've been using 3 different sources. We're just packing a little bit of everything and planning to do laundry. Get your ponchos now though!

Ugh. Friday looks hot and wet. It’s my Epcot day with my friends … come on weather! We want to be “those people”

If anyone is around Epcot on Friday 11/12, let's meet up and toast to being a drowned rat together!

So the weather for our trip is looking rainy and cold 😭
The amount of rain that Orlando has been getting lately is making me very nervous. We don’t leave until the 26th so who knows what the weather will be like then but I’m already freaking out a bit. crossing my fingers for warm and sunny weather for your upcoming trip!

Not looking good for today! We’ve never had to deal with heavy storms here. The four of us that arrived early will have this morning to do Epcot but Dd22 will arrive just in time to get soaked.

We always plan for and expect it to rain! We have the ponchos and stroller cover set to go and are ready to rock it in the rain haha. I do hope the rain in the forecast for Friday stays primarily in the morning since it will be the warmest day for the pool.

so my husband and daughter don't want to ride Guardians, SDMT, BTMR, EE, or Tower of Terror. Husband won't ride SDD (daughter is a yes). Daughter won't ride Tron (husband is a yes). I guess I'll be saving some money and only getting ILL for me on Guardians, and for hubby and me on Tron (we'll do a rider switch here).

The rain will definitely keep crowds lower than predicted. We were there in mid December and one of our days if rained
All
Day
Long.
Torrential and heavy. Never a sprinkle. But, we were prepared. Rain jackets, zip lock bags, portable shoe dryer, extra shoes, socks, shirts and pants!
We were able to zip through the park quickly and get it all done. We went back to the resort, put on dry clothes then hit another park and zipped through that as well.

The next day, when the sun came out so did the crowds. We were able to take it easy.

The rain will definitely keep crowds lower than predicted. We were there in mid December and one of our days if rained
All
Day
Long.
Torrential and heavy. Never a sprinkle. But, we were prepared. Rain jackets, zip lock bags, portable shoe dryer, extra shoes, socks, shirts and pants!
We were able to zip through the park quickly and get it all done. We went back to the resort, put on dry clothes then hit another park and zipped through that as well.

The next day, when the sun came out so did the crowds. We were able to take it easy.
We're not there til the 21st so hoping things are better by then, but planning to be prepared and do the parks in the rain. Then when it's nice, we'll enjoy the resort and pools while everyone is at the park. Hopefully we'll get some pool days!
Hopefully it's not so bad for everyone that's heading there soon!

I am really hoping that the forecast changes. It does seem to be changing every day I check it. It's also a lot cooler than I expected. Not complaining as it will certainly be warmer than home but I'm not sure it will be warm enough for the pool?

Not complaining as it will certainly be warmer than home but I'm not sure it will be warm enough for the pool?
We were there in Jan/Feb 2020 and we live in KC, to give you an idea of temps. There was no way we would have gotten in the pools at that time, and we are definitely not planning to do so this trip. I'm sure some people will have fun doing that, but not us.

Heck, my partner and kids went on a couple water rides at Universal on that trip and they were soaked and freezing for the walk back to the hotel. They're gonna skip this time. However, when we went in November (for another visit) we rocked the water rides easy peasy. Including on one of the mornings right after a hurricane had come through and the parks were delayed in opening.

I initially booked ASMo since POP wasn’t available however I’ve been watching multiple times a day, daily, to see if anything popped up and today was my lucky day. POP showed available for Jan 14-19 with the AP discount finally so I switched immediately and it was my favourite category, standard pool view. I’m so happy to be at my favourite resort again. 😊💗💗

Hello- I'm late to post but our dates are Jan 17-24 and I'm getting so worried about the weather. We've been to wdw many times and had only one cold trip ( December 2009). The forecast looks like rain and cooler temps. It's disappointing. We are staying at club Wyndham bonnet creek and I was really looking forward to the lazy river 😢 🥶 🌧️. I haven't even packed any clothes yet. Who else is still packing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter