*** Official January 2024 Thread ***

Hello- I'm late to post but our dates are Jan 17-24 and I'm getting so worried about the weather. We've been to wdw many times and had only one cold trip ( December 2009). The forecast looks like rain and cooler temps. It's disappointing. We are staying at club Wyndham bonnet creek and I was really looking forward to the lazy river 😢 🥶 🌧️. I haven't even packed any clothes yet. Who else is still packing?
I have stuff sat aside but I'm not packing my clothes until the last minute and I see the weather. Either way I'm taking a variety of layering clothes and rain wear.

Hello- I'm late to post but our dates are Jan 17-24 and I'm getting so worried about the weather. We've been to wdw many times and had only one cold trip ( December 2009). The forecast looks like rain and cooler temps. It's disappointing. We are staying at club Wyndham bonnet creek and I was really looking forward to the lazy river 😢 🥶 🌧️. I haven't even packed any clothes yet. Who else is still packing?
I've added you to the roll call. Yes the weather certainly looks rainy and cold. I haven't started packing either and I leave on Sunday! We are having snow up here in Toronto. Am seriously considering switching park days around based on weather at this point. We have our rain gear packed just in case but fingers crossed for sunny skies!

Did you get the Canadian Resident Tickets? If so, can you report back if you had to go to guest relations first with ID before you could get into park.
Yes I did - really old ones (bought in 2017 I think!). I had to make park reservations since they are not date based. I would imagine we'd have to go to guest relations first. We are staying at Swan so plan to do this at International Gateway on Monday.

Yes I did - really old ones (bought in 2017 I think!). I had to make park reservations since they are not date based. I would imagine we'd have to go to guest relations first. We are staying at Swan so plan to do this at International Gateway on Monday.
We used our ones from 2017 on our last trip in April. Oh how I wish I had purchased a couple more of those non expiring Canadian Resident tickets!
We have the tickets from the Current Promo. Someone on the Canadian board mentioned a CM on the phone said you don't need to show ID, they are good to go. Not sure I want to test that theory when I'm trying to get near the front of the pack for early entry with 8 of us!

@Mintycake
I think you're in the GTA area? If so, hope everything is OK with your flights. Not sure from where or what day you are flying out, but I thought it's this weekend.

We are back home! It was tricky since we got about 20" of snow while we were gone and we live in the country. Our Saturday flight was cancelled but SW put us on another one that arrived around the same time...had to spend the night in Omaha to let roads get cleared more. Then had to figure out how to get to our home on gravel roads. We made it via the neighbor's tractor, hours of DH's work with his tractor, and coming in through the pasture instead of the driveway. Probably won't go in January again.

Everything at Disney went great, when we weren't stressing about home!

We will be at AKL KV from 1/27 till the 1/31. I've started packing and checking the weather. I really hope it stops raining before we get there. It's are to walk around with art in the rain.

I'm driving down on Friday, that is if I can find someone to clear off my driveway. 8.5 inches of snow is very pretty, but not the norm for Middle Tennessee.

I'm driving down on Friday, that is if I can find someone to clear off my driveway. 8.5 inches of snow is very pretty, but not the norm for Middle Tennessee.
Hope you made it okay. I live in Knoxville. We got about the same amount of snow but that ice is no joke. Today was the first day I’ve left my neighborhood since it started snowing! We head to Florida, on Friday. We will have to contend with the flooding rain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter