Official JUNE 2009 Thread!!!

Thank goodness for trip insurance! They charge $250 to have a doctor come to your room! We had the rental car but my son was acting like he was so sick he couldn't get out of bed. They didn't do a strep test but I think he had it...gave it to me. I've never had such pain in my throat like I did on Friday! He also had an ear infection. So far the antibiotics are working for him. He is feeling much better. The trip insurance may also reimburse for loss of time due to us being in the room while he rested. IT was just too darn hot to keep him outside with a fever.

WOW!! :scared1: $250 for a doctor visit?!? That's ridiculaous. Hopefully your trip insurance will cover any and all costs. I hate it for you guys that you all got so sick. Hopefully it didn't spoil your trip.

Also, speedy recovery to everyone still sick! Hope you all get well soon!

WOW!! :scared1: $250 for a doctor visit?!? That's ridiculaous. Hopefully your trip insurance will cover any and all costs. I hate it for you guys that you all got so sick. Hopefully it didn't spoil your trip.

Also, speedy recovery to everyone still sick! Hope you all get well soon!

Thank you! My son is feeling much better but really sad to be home. We never even made it to animal kingdom or back to Typhoon Lagoon for a second visit. He also wanted to go to Blizzard Beach. We did go to DQ for an hour one night when he felt better. That place really brought back some video game memories!

We got back last night from our 7 night trip!! We all had a AWESOME time!! The POP was great. We all stayed healthy. THANK YOU ALL for the great info. All the input made our first trip GREAT!:wizard:

I regretfully wanted to update you all that my sister passed away at 12:13 this morning. She went very peacefully with her family around her, in my mom's arms. Thank you to all who showed support and compassion. It really meant the world and helped me get through some tough times. :grouphug:

I regretfully wanted to update you all that my sister passed away at 12:13 this morning. She went very peacefully with her family around her, in my mom's arms. Thank you to all who showed support and compassion. It really meant the world and helped me get through some tough times. :grouphug:

I am so sorry about your sister. You have my sympathy and your family will be in our prayers.

So sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

We just got back today and boy was it hot. I want to know how you can get sick though in those temps? My son got a sore throat and an ear infection which required us to bring a doctor to his room. Then he gave it to me and my dh got a bad cold not related to anything that we have! We are home and I promise to write more when we settle down. Took tons of picturs...over 100 on our photo pass and over 300 on my cameras too!

Now that we are back in PA it is only 75 here and raining. It sure does feel cold.

We got back at 3 am this morning (a few flights delays) and I got sick too. I have bad sinus problems and whenver I got to Florida in the summer, they start acting up. What started as a horrible headache everyday, turned into a fever on Saturday night and now I'm losing my voice and have a nasty cough. Other than that, we really loved Pop and would definately stay there again.

disneydreamin-I'm so sorry for your loss.:hug:

We got back at 3 am this morning (a few flights delays) and I got sick too. I have bad sinus problems and whenver I got to Florida in the summer, they start acting up. What started as a horrible headache everyday, turned into a fever on Saturday night and now I'm losing my voice and have a nasty cough. Other than that, we really loved Pop and would definately stay there again.

disneydreamin-I'm so sorry for your loss.:hug:

Welcome back!! Sorry that you got sick though. Hope you start feeling better real soon! I got a lil something for a few days when we were there also. We stayed at POP again this trip also. I like POP, but this time they put us in the 90's and if we stay there again, I will request another building.

You know what.. my great nephews and two of my daughters got sick too. We were there 6/21 - 6/28. They had sore throats, croupy coughs and fever. I got the fever yesterday, but at least I am home. The walk in doc there said viral and my niece took her sons and my dd to her ped. yesterday and he confirmed viral. My dd's are still in Florida. I hate that we all had a little bug.

I am so very sorry about your sister :hug:. I know how very hard it is to lose someone you love so much and you are in my thoughts and prayers. Know that she is still with you always :angel:

Suzanne

Just completed Wilderness Lodge 6/24 to 6/30!! Great weather, food and hotel amazing. FPs are the way to go. Kids got to ride the front of the monorail on the last day after Chef Mickeys. Cant wait until next trip!:goodvibes

Just wanted to post in here to say we got back on June 25th, and that I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread over the past months!

We had a wonderful 9 day stay at CSR, and frankly, cannot believe the trip, which we had been anticipating for over a year, is over. :(

I always get the post Disney blues after a trip to the world, but this year, it's really, really bad! We already have dates picked out for next year in late August\early September, in anticipation of free dining, and I cannot mentally think about it being that long before we go back.

Is it normal for a grown man of 41 years to feel this depressed after such a WONDERFUL trip!!!! :lmao: Seriously though, I think I get worse every year we go to Disney, and one of these days or years, I may just have to move there!

Thanks again all for a wonderful thread, and here's to next years trip!!!! :thumbsup2

We just got back from the BC. Wonderful trip but boy was it hot. If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to try to help. We had wonderful meals, first time on the dining plan. Believe it or not it was the first time I ever bothered with the fast passes!!! No bother! What a help. SAB was great for the whole family.

We just got back from the BC. Wonderful trip but boy was it hot. If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to try to help. We had wonderful meals, first time on the dining plan. Believe it or not it was the first time I ever bothered with the fast passes!!! No bother! What a help. SAB was great for the whole family.

I have a question..

We are going in Sept. Are there boats to take you over to Boardwalk? Or if there are boats.. where all can you go???

Yes, there are boats that can take you to Boardwalk if you are staying at the Yacht and Beach Club or Swan and Dolphin. It probably would be quicker to walk. You can get the boats at the lighthouse in front of the YC or in front of the BW. The boats can take you to Epcot (quicker to walk) or to HS which is about a 15 minute walk.

We are back! Got in late last night. It went by too fast but we had an absolute BLAST! I did ridemax and it was worth every penny! All our planning and dining ressies went off flawlessly. I can't wait to go again! I didn't meet any dis'ers, but I DID see someones window at Pop decorated and it has a window cling aking if you "dis'". Was that someone here?? :)

Yes, there are boats that can take you to Boardwalk if you are staying at the Yacht and Beach Club or Swan and Dolphin. It probably would be quicker to walk. You can get the boats at the lighthouse in front of the YC or in front of the BW. The boats can take you to Epcot (quicker to walk) or to HS which is about a 15 minute walk.

Thanks! I can't wait. I will have a hard time keeping this secret, but I am determined. :)

We are going back again! Twice in the same summer! My son fractured his wrist and a fews days after the cast comes off we are back again! Same resort CBR!

We are going back again! Twice in the same summer! My son fractured his wrist and a fews days after the cast comes off we are back again! Same resort CBR!

Awesome!!!!! :thumbsup2

Couldn't help but post, and say we are doing the same exact thing, LOL. We were there June 16th through the 24th, and are going back again August 24th through September 2nd to take advantage of free dining!

It's a long story, but my wife and I decided it was cheaper to do a 2nd Disney trip, staying at POP, stayed at CSR in June, with free dining, rather than hit the "shore".

It's a GREAT feeling isn't it????!!!!!!!! :cool1:

Awesome!!!!! :thumbsup2

Couldn't help but post, and say we are doing the same exact thing, LOL. We were there June 16th through the 24th, and are going back again August 24th through September 2nd to take advantage of free dining!

It's a long story, but my wife and I decided it was cheaper to do a 2nd Disney trip, staying at POP, stayed at CSR in June, with free dining, rather than hit the "shore".

It's a GREAT feeling isn't it????!!!!!!!! :cool1:

It Sure is! We will be there the same time too but only a five night stay. My son starts school on Aug 31st so we need to be back to get ready. We arrive on the 24th around 9am and we are off to the CBR! Are you ok with dining reservations? I'm having a really tough time finding anything and I was told...well there is always counter service. I'm plugging away to find some reservations though. We may have to to our TS's for lunch instead of dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter