Official JUNE 2009 Thread!!!

2 days!
we take off from BWI at 7:10 AM
we arrive at MCO at 9:21 AM
getting so excited:yay:

We got back very late Sunday night. We were there from 6/8-6/17 and stayed at POP.

As far as our experiences went, we never waited more than 10 minutes for a table for all of our ADR's, but we ate between 5-6 for dinners and 12-1 for lunches.

It was extremely HOT :scared1:! It was crowded but much less crowded than the last time we went in early July. We rode pretty much everything we wanted except BTMR. Still haven't ridden it yet, but thats an excuse to go back to WDW right? We got FP for all of the popular attractions with decent return times. It only rained on us 2-3 times and they weren't that bad.

All in all we had a wonderful time. I'm just sad that its already over. It just seems like yesterday we were getting ready to leave. It all seems like just a blur.....it went by way to fast.

If anyone has any questions at all, please ask here or PM me.

4 hours til we leave for the airport!! I can't handle this excitement anymore!!!! :yay:

i leave for the airport tomorrow evening
we stay the night at a hotel near the airport
then we leave Friday morning at 7:10AM
:yay:

Just got back today. It was HOT!!!! There were several storms that lasted a long time and were quite severe. There were 2 storms that shook Wilderness Lodge. :scared1:

However, we had no problem with transportation or crowds. We had to take lots of breaks because of the heat.

Overall a great time. I hope the rest of the Disers have a great time.

Oh yeah, I wore my LGMH and met a fellow Diser. :hippie: That was so neat.

Just got back today. It was HOT!!!! There were several storms that lasted a long time and were quite severe. There were 2 storms that shook Wilderness Lodge. :scared1:

However, we had no problem with transportation or crowds. We had to take lots of breaks because of the heat.

Overall a great time. I hope the rest of the Disers have a great time.

Oh yeah, I wore my LGMH and met a fellow Diser. :hippie: That was so neat.

We just returned last night! We had a very similar experience. HOT, HOT and HHHHOOOOTTTT!!!! :)

Overall, we had a FANTASTIC time! Crowds were extremely manageable and we had pretty much zero bad experiences. We stayed at CSR and loved that as well. (Was our first time at that resort). Bus service was GREAT. Never a wait, and in 9 days, almost never a "standing only" bus load.

Regarding storms as you mention above. Yeah, we had one or two HUGE storms. Worst one was our arrival night, the 16th. It was just crazy. 2-3 hours of solid massive downpours. We were stuck in Mexico at Epcot for a long time, so we enjoyed the boat ride a few times, and did some shopping. :)

Other than that, probably our best trip of the past 4. I was really surprised as we were very nervous about the crowds and heat as it was our first June\summer trip. (Had to due to kids no being in school). I must say, it was not nearly as bad as I thad thought, and to be honest, the heat was welcome after the rainy and 70 degree temps of PA.

Well, off to unpacking, cleaning, and lawn cutting. Amazing how much grass grows over a nearly two week period! :lmao:

We just got back today and boy was it hot. I want to know how you can get sick though in those temps? My son got a sore throat and an ear infection which required us to bring a doctor to his room. Then he gave it to me and my dh got a bad cold not related to anything that we have! We are home and I promise to write more when we settle down. Took tons of picturs...over 100 on our photo pass and over 300 on my cameras too!

Now that we are back in PA it is only 75 here and raining. It sure does feel cold.

We just got back today and boy was it hot. I want to know how you can get sick though in those temps? My son got a sore throat and an ear infection which required us to bring a doctor to his room. Then he gave it to me and my dh got a bad cold not related to anything that we have! We are home and I promise to write more when we settle down. Took tons of picturs...over 100 on our photo pass and over 300 on my cameras too!

Now that we are back in PA it is only 75 here and raining. It sure does feel cold.

You said that right regarding the temps! We live near Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom, and I can't even imagine going swimming in these temps, let alone the water temperature, LOL.

Oh, had to add, regarding pictures..... We managed just over 1200 this trip, so don't feel bad! Now, I need to take the time to sort through them, enhance, decide what to print, what to put on the web site, etc. etc. etc.! :)

You said that right regarding the temps! We live near Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom, and I can't even imagine going swimming in these temps, let alone the water temperature, LOL.

Oh, had to add, regarding pictures..... We managed just over 1200 this trip, so don't feel bad! Now, I need to take the time to sort through them, enhance, decide what to print, what to put on the web site, etc. etc. etc.! :)

Awesome on the 1200 pictures! I forgot that I had an 8mb card and a 4 in another camera or I would have taken more video. I did end up recording Wishes in a few different pieces.

Did anyone in your group end up sick? My poor son came down with a sore throat and an ear infection and on the third day we had to call a doctor to the room. We did get trip insurance but I'm not sure how much it will cover. My son was such a trooper though and even though he was running a fever he still tried to get to a park even if it was only for an hour or so. ONe afternoon he actually slept! I admit I fell asleep with him too! By Friday he gave me his sore throat and I still have it....now I feel like it is moving into my ears just like his. It hurt so bad that I could not even swallow. We had a great time but I'm glad to be back home again. My son has been crying a bit because he now misses Disney World. He asked what Park we were going to tonight and I told him the Park of Eat....Eat N Park! Do you have those restaurants near you? LOL!

Awesome on the 1200 pictures! I forgot that I had an 8mb card and a 4 in another camera or I would have taken more video. I did end up recording Wishes in a few different pieces.

Did anyone in your group end up sick? My poor son came down with a sore throat and an ear infection and on the third day we had to call a doctor to the room. We did get trip insurance but I'm not sure how much it will cover. My son was such a trooper though and even though he was running a fever he still tried to get to a park even if it was only for an hour or so. ONe afternoon he actually slept! I admit I fell asleep with him too! By Friday he gave me his sore throat and I still have it....now I feel like it is moving into my ears just like his. It hurt so bad that I could not even swallow. We had a great time but I'm glad to be back home again. My son has been crying a bit because he now misses Disney World. He asked what Park we were going to tonight and I told him the Park of Eat....Eat N Park! Do you have those restaurants near you? LOL!

Fortunately, no one in our party was ill the entire trip. I was a bit worried about this due to the heat, and a number of other factors, but we were lucky this time around!

As far as the restaurants? Yeah, LOL, we have plenty of those. :)

Our daughter, OK, OK, I admit it, even my wife and I, are both experiencing the post Disney blues BADLY. We were gone nearly two weeks, and I could stay another two in a heart beat. We are already in the early planning stages of our next trip, most likely August\September 2010 should they happen to do free dining again. (Please, Please, Please! :worship:)

I think the planning and anticipation is as much fun at times as the actual trip, so we have quite a bit of time to enjoy that again!

We got back late on the 21st. I had a little bit of something while I was down there. A touch of a sore throat and stuffy nose. Thank goodness it didn't come on until the next to last day. It went away fairly quickly though. Sorry to hear about your family getting sick.

We ended up with just over 1100 pictures on our camera and over 200 on PhotoPass. Still sorting through all of them.

Leaving tomorrow, the 30th for 7 days!!!! (Well...my family leaves tomorrow...I unfortunately have to miss the first day because of school. Boo!!) Cannot wait!!!

Our daughter, OK, OK, I admit it, even my wife and I, are both experiencing the post Disney blues BADLY. We were gone nearly two weeks, and I could stay another two in a heart beat. We are already in the early planning stages of our next trip, most likely August\September 2010 should they happen to do free dining again. (Please, Please, Please! :worship:)

I think the planning and anticipation is as much fun at times as the actual trip, so we have quite a bit of time to enjoy that again!

I know how you feel. We were gone for 2 weeks also and my daughter and I didn't want to leave. My daughter actually kind of cried when we had leave. Now my wife and son, they were ready to go home. If I had the money, I'd still be there!

We got back late on the 21st. I had a little bit of something while I was down there. A touch of a sore throat and stuffy nose. Thank goodness it didn't come on until the next to last day. It went away fairly quickly though. Sorry to hear about your family getting sick.

We ended up with just over 1100 pictures on our camera and over 200 on PhotoPass. Still sorting through all of them.

Thank goodness for trip insurance! They charge $250 to have a doctor come to your room! We had the rental car but my son was acting like he was so sick he couldn't get out of bed. They didn't do a strep test but I think he had it...gave it to me. I've never had such pain in my throat like I did on Friday! He also had an ear infection. So far the antibiotics are working for him. He is feeling much better. The trip insurance may also reimburse for loss of time due to us being in the room while he rested. IT was just too darn hot to keep him outside with a fever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter