*****Official (??) June 2014 Thread -- Party Like It's Hot!*****

I hope everyone vacation is/was better than ours!!! We had the paramedics out, because my DD fingers were closed in the bathroom door. No broken bones, but they were cut open and swollen. (Lots of blood) The manager on duty came up to our room didn't look at my DD hand, and never made a follow up call. Asked if we had the medicine the paramedics suggested, and that was it. They were suppose to call me/ or bring a wheelchair for my DH. (Yes his ankle gave him the blues). We waited & waited no one ever called or came!!! And they gave us the wrong time to get on the magic express bus.(per baggage claim supervisor)!!! That's just a couple of things that went wrong at our WDW vacation...

We have made it to POFQ blog 4, and haven't been to the lobby yet. Magic band has worked just fine. We got our text that the room was ready 2 hours before or so before we got here and went straight to the room. Had lunch and got our refillable mugs using QSDP. So far, reality liking this resort!

We have made it to POFQ blog 4, and haven't been to the lobby yet. Magic band has worked just fine. We got our text that the room was ready 2 hours before or so before we got here and went straight to the room. Had lunch and got our refillable mugs using QSDP. So far, reality liking this resort!
Good to know that at least this test seemed to work well.

We'll be there in one week! Unfortunately only for a day. :sad1: DW and I are leaving Thursday for Clearwater for an annual family vacation my family does. We're sneaking away on Friday to go to Disney though. 4th time we've been together. 2 days in 11/09, a week in 1/11, and 6 days in 3/12.

Planning on doing Magic Kingdom at rope drop. Hitting our favorites, etc. Have FP+ for Space, Splash, and Peter Pan. Then around 2 or so head over to Epcot. Go on Test Track if we can get a FP+ or the line isn't too crazy. Go on SE. And spent lots of time in World Showcase, snacking and drinking around the world. Epcot closes at 9, (EMH 11), so I'm hoping to head out of Epcot before 9 and go back to close out the day back at MK, which is open until 11 (hoping maybe it will get extended? Fridays don't seem to be late days though).

Anyone else going to be in MK and Epcot a week from today?

Currently in Magic Kingdom. Rain has begun. Severe thunderstorm and area flood warnings until 1815hrs...one hour from now.

I use accuweather for the weather updates.
They cancelled flag retreat.

Folks are swarming out of park, but those staying are in covered areas and inside rides.

Well we are home, had a good,but hot/humid and hectic time... I will never go after the first week of June again. We went this time because of DH fixing to deploy. I will stick to fall and early spring months.
Maybe it is just because we are use to lower crowds, but it was just miserable. Luckily for our favorite rides we either had FP or were able to get on first thing. By the time mid afternoon hit we were ready to leave. We are used to the heat, but when you put crowds with it..yikes.. even the kids were ready to leave. What makes the crowds worse, really is because of rudeness, I have never been bumped into, elbowed,pushed so much in my life without any apologies, or excuse me's , smh:sad2:
I know everyone raises their kids differently, but can't believe how many have been raised with no manners, guess the do what they see their parents do, *sigh...
ok done with the ranting,lol;)
overall, still love Disney and can't wait til our next trip(in fall):goodvibes

The rain stopped as the forecast promised. But due to thunder in area, some rides were stopped for a bit. They had 7 dwarfs closed when our fast pass time came. The CM said when it re-opened, our FP would be good until park closure. And open, it did. We boarded and the little guy and I were in front. It was his first roller coaster and after he wanted to jump in line to go again.

The MSEP and Wishes were very good. Tinkerbell didn't come out, but if we didnt know, we wouldnt have missed her. Pink Budgie--I hope you enjoyed your desserts and it's been a magical day. I sent a wish over to you.

I know what GrumpyFamily is saying about pushy and rude children and adults. It's hard keeping DS3 from climbing, swinging, spinning and bumping or kicking his leg toward people...but I admonish and apologize. We start a follow the leader/simon says game and he goes to clapping or patting his head. But when older kids act up, he thinks it's ok. Nope, Mama dont play that.

DH gets upset about it and the folks who just stop in front of the ECV. I say it's the same as the mall at Christmas.

They have just started Celebrate the Magic second show. Crowds have diminished. Ds3 is asleep. DH and DDs are grabbing final rides. We head home tomorrow. It's been a good vacation...Didnt get everything we wanted, but I cant help smiling. And crying that I have to leave.

Downtown Disney busy-waiting to turn into parking lot for 10 minutes...but we plan to be here through dinner time (Raglan Road res) then head back to resort for movie time around the pool!

We are at animal kingdom now. We are in pocq building 3 and love it. When we first arrived i asked the guy at the front desk where we buy the resort mugs and he said food court and added they are $35! I said WHAT? I thought he was joking but he wasnt. Of course it was o lg $18 for length of stay. He wins the prize for most misinformed cm!
Missed thedown pour yesterday while we were napping and then watched wishes with dessert party with lightening.

The rain stopped as the forecast promised. But due to thunder in area, some rides were stopped for a bit. They had 7 dwarfs closed when our fast pass time came. The CM said when it re-opened, our FP would be good until park closure. And open, it did. We boarded and the little guy and I were in front. It was his first roller coaster and after he wanted to jump in line to go again.

The MSEP and Wishes were very good. Tinkerbell didn't come out, but if we didnt know, we wouldnt have missed her. Pink Budgie--I hope you enjoyed your desserts and it's been a magical day. I sent a wish over to you.

I know what GrumpyFamily is saying about pushy and rude children and adults. It's hard keeping DS3 from climbing, swinging, spinning and bumping or kicking his leg toward people...but I admonish and apologize. We start a follow the leader/simon says game and he goes to clapping or patting his head. But when older kids act up, he thinks it's ok. Nope, Mama dont play that.

DH gets upset about it and the folks who just stop in front of the ECV. I say it's the same as the mall at Christmas.

They have just started Celebrate the Magic second show. Crowds have diminished. Ds3 is asleep. DH and DDs are grabbing final rides. We head home tomorrow. It's been a good vacation...Didnt get everything we wanted, but I cant help smiling. And crying that I have to leave.

Oh we were at wishes dessert too. Right up front.

So sorry to hear about those of you who had unmagical moments!:-( Our May 31 to June 7 stay at AoA was fabulous! We had plenty of room in our 2 LM rooms ( maybe not plenty of storage, had to live out of suitcases), had a couple of rainstorms but nothing that truly impacted our fun, enjoyed our park and pool time! Love, love, love Disney! We didn't encounter any major rudeness, except for a few people in the food court and the parks who stopped in the middle of the action but I generally excuse them as being Disney dazed and just not sure where to go next! You know non-planners!LOL! We got a little extra magic with DS getting picked to participate in the pirate show and getting to fight Darth Maul in Jedi Training! The rest of my family are now huge fans of Star Wars Weekends!:-D

Just got back from our week long trip last night. It was a long drive back, especially because we decided to enjoy every last bit of magic and swim one more time before heading out on our 10 hour drive. It was totally worth it though. Our vacation started out a little rough, is was a lot for the boys to take in at first but after 2 days they finally became accustomed to the chaos. DS2 was constipated to the point of constant irritability but after he was finally able to go we had a much better trip. Our last 3 days (Wed-Fri) were some of the most magical moments I have ever had a Disney. The crowds and heat weren't too bad, especially because we took midday breaks everyday. I held my DS5 during Wishes on Thursday night (his bday) and literally wept. Not just a simple tear (like usually) but full on ugly, embarrassing cry! It is in the top 5 for my life experiences! Friday night, our last night, was also great. An earlier storm cleared out so many people. In the time from 5:30-11:00 pm we were able to eat at Pecos Bill, ride BTMR, 7DMT, Tomorrowland Speedway, Dumbo, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (my DH was "That Guy"!), Buzz, Haunted Mansion, Winnie the Pooh, dance with the Incredibles, and meet talking Mickey!!!! I couldn't believe it! All with very happy boys!! FP+ was so great for us! My DH was so sweet and actually offered to add on more day of tickets so we could go to EPCOT one more time before we left because we never made it to WS at all but I did the responsible thing and turned it down. I just splurged and spent a lot on a Justin Timberlake concert ticket (which is very unlike me) so I decided we didn't need to spend more money. It was the thought that counted. DH said he finally felt the magic on this trip and is excited for future trips! (THIS IS A BIG DEAL!) I'm so sad to be home now but it was the greatest vacation of our lives! I can't wait to do it with them again in 3 years! (Of course, I'll be back in March to chaperone the Senior Class Trip :) but it won't be the same.)

At pofq now. Arrived at 10:30 and the room wasn't ready yet. Hopefully it will be ready soon. Can't wait to go to the park.

We've been back for a week from a truly magical, if rainy, trip. The rains actually helped keep the crowds down some, so I won't complain. We're already planning a trip for next June. I wonder when a June 2015 thread will start??

**Well I'm surprised, right after I posted this I see there is already a June 2015 thread started!

Terri

Well because of fast passes the only line we are waiting in is RNR -was less than 40 min so we jumped in. I've managed to snag a 4th FP for RNR later tonite as well (kids wanted to go at least twice and this is the only way). TSM was fun but no way would I wait 2 hours for it so thankful for FP this am! Loving the Memory Maker right now as it takes pressure off to capture everything- even got a couple magic shots!

Oh we were at wishes dessert too. Right up front.

Oops..My fault. We were not at the Wishes party. We were in the hub. DH, along with us, were stationed in the Handicap Reserved area for the parade. It's right next to the FP+ spot. After the parade, we moved over to a spot on the fence near the Walt and Mickey statue. I sat down on the ground for the fireworks.

We just got home. Had a problem with the GPS after we dropped off in Crystal River...So we ended up on a secondary road--went home through Alabama, instead of Georgia. Slept over night in Montgomery and then brought the I-65 up to Nashville.

Tomorrow DH gets back on his rig. And I am planning next trip.

Well because of fast passes the only line we are waiting in is RNR -was less than 40 min so we jumped in. I've managed to snag a 4th FP for RNR later tonite as well (kids wanted to go at least twice and this is the only way). TSM was fun but no way would I wait 2 hours for it so thankful for FP this am! Loving the Memory Maker right now as it takes pressure off to capture everything- even got a couple magic shots!

We are at dhs today too. Got on tsmm in 5 min at park open then to rnrc with fp. It wasnt as smooth as california screamin. Kinda bumpy. Rode tot twice. Love that one! Better than DCA. Might see F! tonight. ST line is almost walk on!

Getting everything packed today....we leave for our first Grand Floridian stay in just 3 days :) I finally decorated the MagicBands. Simple and easy with a little CoverBands thrown in. I have more CoverBands for the red one if I get sick of the polka dots.

aa061f73f352cf9a39473f55dd9a6cd0.jpg

I can't wait for this trip. This year I am bringing my 86 yr old grandmother along on her first trip to the World! Needless to say, she is very excited and I can't wait to get some pictures of she and my son living the magic together :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter