*****Official (??) June 2014 Thread -- Party Like It's Hot!*****

Ok so what is everybody looking to most on this trip? I am looking forward to trying out some new places to eat. So any suggestions will be appreciated. We have eaten at most of the places in the parks, so looking to try some of the resorts restaurants. So your favs? likes? dislikes? TIA :wave2:

We liked Boma at AK. Captains Grille at YC was good except the service wasn't that great. We liked the Cape May Cafe buffet for dinner.

We liked O'Hana before they got rid of the turkey. Now it is only OK.

We've done both 1900 Park Faire and Grand Floridian Cafe, and liked them.

There is always Wilderness Canyon Cafe. This is fun, and we liked the food.

Chef Mickey's for dinner was good too.

We are thinking of trying something at the Boardwalk Inn this trip. Not sure where yet!

Hi, you can include us in June 2014 planning! This is actually our first trip to WDW! And DD’s Double Digit Birthday.

Name: Jennifer
Travel Dates (if known): 5/29 – 6/10
Where Will You Be Staying?: split between BLT and AKV (first stay on our DVC points)
Travel Party: 2 (me and DD)
Current Location: Albuquerque, NM
Favorite Disney Character: Hmm…. I would have to say Jack Sparrow and Jasmine
Favorite Disney Movie: Little Mermaid and Pirates of the Caribbean
How Many Trips?: First Trip – but DLR is our second home!
On-Site or Off?:
Best Disney Story:
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? Everything

I’m really looking forward to the trip. But trying to learn what I need to know is a little overwhelming (okay a lot overwhelming!) Thank goodness for the DIS and the wonderful people on it.

Even though I said a split stay between BLT and AKV, my first choice was Poly instead of BLT. But with the rumors of the construction and the possibility of the Volcano pool being out of commission, I had to do some rethinking. I’m hoping to book BLT at my 7 months (end of October). AKV is already booked – 1 Bdrm SV. YEAH! My DD loves zebras so that is all for her.

Name: Dana
Travel Dates (if known): Jube 26th till July 2nd 2014
Where Will You Be Staying?: All Star Sports
Travel Party:2
Current Location: Philly
Favorite Disney Character: Jasmine
Favorite Disney Movie: Bambi, Lady and the Tramp, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and Beauty & the Beast.
How Many Trips?: this will be my 4th
On-Site or Off?: on site
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? There are so many rides/restaurants that I still haven't been on.

:welcome: to GrumpyCAdad (Jim), NMDisneyMom (Jennifer), PrettyFlower2 (Dana), & eeyore344 (Mom)!!

Thanks for the intro, Planning Fanatic Mom (Maggie)!

:dance3:

I've got everyone's dates on the front page. As we all get booked, I'll try to make it a little neater. :)

Trivia today from Finding Nemo:
  1. What types of sharks are Bruce, Anchor, and Chum?
  2. What nickname did Nemo's tankmates give him?
  3. How old did Crush say he was?

The answer to the last trivia question (What was the top grossing film of 1965, and the top grossing Disney film for 20 years after that?) was Mary Poppins. Who else is excited to see Saving Mr. Banks when it comes out?

Name: Dana
Travel Dates (if known): Jube 26th till July 2nd 2014
Where Will You Be Staying?: All Star Sports
Travel Party:2
Current Location: Philly
Favorite Disney Character: Jasmine
Favorite Disney Movie: Bambi, Lady and the Tramp, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and Beauty & the Beast.
How Many Trips?: this will be my 4th
On-Site or Off?: on site
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? There are so many rides/restaurants that I still haven't been on.

Looks like part of our trip will overlap. We haven't booked yet, but we are planning June 20 - 28. Perhaps there could be a Dismeet... We're with you on the so many restaurants, at least. Mom and I decided that, this year, we would only go to TS restaurants we've never been to before. We have some tough choices ahead!

Hi, you can include us in June 2014 planning! This is actually our first trip to WDW! And DD’s Double Digit Birthday.

Name: Jennifer
Travel Dates (if known): 5/29 – 6/10
Where Will You Be Staying?: split between BLT and AKV (first stay on our DVC points)
Travel Party: 2 (me and DD)
Current Location: Albuquerque, NM
Favorite Disney Character: Hmm…. I would have to say Jack Sparrow and Jasmine
Favorite Disney Movie: Little Mermaid and Pirates of the Caribbean
How Many Trips?: First Trip – but DLR is our second home!
On-Site or Off?:
Best Disney Story:
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? Everything

I’m really looking forward to the trip. But trying to learn what I need to know is a little overwhelming (okay a lot overwhelming!) Thank goodness for the DIS and the wonderful people on it.

Even though I said a split stay between BLT and AKV, my first choice was Poly instead of BLT. But with the rumors of the construction and the possibility of the Volcano pool being out of commission, I had to do some rethinking. I’m hoping to book BLT at my 7 months (end of October). AKV is already booked – 1 Bdrm SV. YEAH! My DD loves zebras so that is all for her.

Yay for first trips! :) I'm glad you've joined our group -- I know some of us would love to help you plan with tips and whatnot, or even just hearing about plans (who here doesn't like to talk Disney?) :rotfl:

Hello Fellow June-goers!!:wave2:

Name:Maggie
Travel Dates (if known): Not exactly sure yet. But as soon as possible after school is done. Last day June 6.
Where Will You Be Staying?: POFQ (LOVE IT!!):love:
Travel Party: 4
Current Location: Southern PA
Favorite Disney Character: I like the FAB 5
Favorite Disney Movie: Beauty and the Beast
How Many Trips?: This will be ... DH=10. ME=8, DDs = 6
On-Site or Off?: All on site except first 1
Best Disney Story:
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? Hopefully seeing La Nouba. :flower3:

Can't wait to here from everyone else.:cool1:

We did La Nouba a few years ago, and it was a wonderful show! I think the worst thing about it is that there is so much going on at the same time, wherever you look, there is awesomeness. We sat front and center, but I think higher up might have been better. I think there were some specials running on the tickets for this last year, too. (And I'm with you...fingers crossed for a special package deal...)

Woo hoo, count me in!

Name: Jim
Travel Dates (if known): June 1-8
Where Will You Be Staying?: Dream Villas of Orlando
Travel Party: 10
Current Location: Colorado
Favorite Disney Character: King Leonis from B&B, Grumpy, Mickey, Donald, Eeyore
Favorite Disney Movie: Lion King
How Many Trips?: 5
On-Site or Off?: Off this trip
Best Disney Story:
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? Showing my best buddy's family "The World!!"

My family and by best bud's family (party of 10 total) are going June 1-8. Staying off property in a condo that will fit us all for a very reasonable price. Doing the 7 day water park option passes. Get to book ADRs December third. Can't wait!

I am doing the planning for the entire trip. My friend's family have never been to WDW, while this will be my family's third trip. Have lots planned with the water park and more options, including golf for the dads and two of the sons, spa for the moms and daughters, and Disney Quest, and my first trips to the two water parks!

Can I tag along on your trip? I want spa time! :laughing: Sounds like a huge job to plan for so many people, but I bet it would be fun, too. :)

:welcome: to GrumpyCAdad (Jim), NMDisneyMom (Jennifer), PrettyFlower2 (Dana), & eeyore344 (Mom)!!

Thanks for the intro, Planning Fanatic Mom (Maggie)!

:dance3:

I've got everyone's dates on the front page. As we all get booked, I'll try to make it a little neater. :)

Trivia today from Finding Nemo:
  1. What types of sharks are Bruce, Anchor, and Chum?
  2. What nickname did Nemo's tankmates give him?
  3. How old did Crush say he was?

The answer to the last trivia question (What was the top grossing film of 1965, and the top grossing Disney film for 20 years after that?) was Mary Poppins. Who else is excited to see Saving Mr. Banks when it comes out?

1. Great white, hammerhead, and thresher
2. Shark bait
3. "150, Dude, and still young"

I can't wait for "Saving Mr. Banks" it looks wonderful:cool1:

New to the boards here! :yay:

Name: Sandy
Travel Dates (if known): June 4-14
Where Will You Be Staying?: Beach Club
Current Location: Ohio
Favorite Disney Character: Nemo
Favorite Disney Movie: The Little Mermaid
How Many Trips?: 1
On-Site or Off?:
Best Disney Story:
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? EVERYTHING!!!!

:welcome: Sandy!

New to the boards here! :yay:

Name: Sandy
Travel Dates (if known): June 4-14
Where Will You Be Staying?: Beach Club
Current Location: Ohio
Favorite Disney Character: Nemo
How Many Trips?: 1
On-Site or Off?:
Best Disney Story:
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? EVERYTHING!!!!

1. Great white, hammerhead, and thresher
2. Shark bait
3. "150, Dude, and still young"

I can't wait for "Saving Mr. Banks" it looks wonderful:cool1:

All correct answers! :cheer2:

New questions:
  1. What is the name of the shark that chases Ariel and Flounder in The Little Mermaid?
  2. What did Merlin call "The greatest force on Earth" in The Sword in the Stone?
  3. How did Walt's brother Roy propose to his wife, Edna?

Sorry that everyone didn't get added to the first post. I promise I did it! I don't know what happened! But everyone to this point is there now!

Got to get some lesson planning done. School started for teachers here Thursday, and the kids come back a week from Monday! At least we were able to get my class of 37 down to around 33, but that means the class of 29 had to go up to 33 as well. Have a great weekend, everyone!

Travel Dates (if known):
June 7-14

Where Will You Be Staying?:
Art of Animation

Travel Party:
2 adults, 3 kids

Current Location:
Florida

Favorite Disney Character:
Merida or Minnie.

Favorite Disney Movie:
Brave

How Many Trips?:
This will be our 4th, and longest, trip as a family. Our honeymoon was 5 days, we had two 3-day weekends, and our 5 year anniversary will be 7 days.

On-Site or Off?:
On like Donkey Kong!

Best Disney Story: When we went in Feb 2012 it rained one of the afternoons/evenings at MK. We stayed- and got PRIME ride walk-up. We ran through a few rides in Fantasyland again and then we rode PotC 3 times in a row with no line. We ended up soaked and our glow balloons were riding low from the water weight- but it was super fun.

What do you look forward to most on your next trip?
FOOD!
Close second: Mousekeeping. :thumbsup2

We're already booked with our down payment. Since it's a big anniversary trip (we started planning on the night of our 4th anniversary because we're nerds), we'll be paying throughout the year.

Name: Rusty

Travel Dates (if known): June 7-14, 2014

Where Will You Be Staying?: Windsor Hills

Travel Party: 9

Current Location: Alabama

Favorite Disney Character: Mickey (of course)

How Many Trips?: 4 (3 since having children)

On-Site or Off?: Off for the first time

Best Disney Story: On our last trip on our last night. As we exited The Magic Kingdom, my 7 year old son grabs me by the hand and tells me "No tears daddy!" I don't think I will ever forget that moment.

What do you look forward to most on your next trip? The joy on my family's faces when we see Cinderella's Castle again.

Name: Bobbi
Travel Dates (if known): Hoping for May 30 - June 6
Where Will You Be Staying?: Split stay between universal studios onsite resort and POFQ
Travel Party: 4 - Me, DH, DS9, and DD7
Current Location: Iowa
Favorite Disney Character: Pooh Bear!
How Many Trips?: 3
On-Site or Off?: all on-site
Best Disney Story: When dining at 1900s park fare for dinner. Anastasia took a liking to my DS who was 7 at the time. He was sooooo embarrassed by the attention he was getting from her. She told him she was single and looking :). Then she proceeded to try to kiss him! He was trying hard to get away from her, but at last she got him! A big red lipstick kiss left on his forehead! The look on his face was priceless! The whole scene was hilarious! I will never forget that moment!
232323232%7Ffp73449%3Enu%3D5%3B%3B3%3E54%3B%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D3453%3C8399434%3Anu0mrj

What do you look forward to most on your next trip? Everything! I can't wait to go back! There have been so many cherished moments that happen while we are at Disney!

Hi everyone! Glad to have found the June 2014 board! Here's a little about me. :)

Travel Dates (if known): May 31-June 8
Where Will You Be Staying?: Probably off property
Travel Party: 10 (6 adults, 4 kids)
Current Location: Southwest burbs of Chicago
Favorite Disney Character: Ariel
How Many Trips?: This will be my 6th
On-Site or Off?: 4 on site (Dolphin, ASMo, Poly, POR) and 1 off site
Best Disney Story: When my son turned 5, the crowd at MK rope drop sang happy birthday to him. <3
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? Star Wars Weekend and Universal!!!

Ok so what is everybody looking to most on this trip? I am looking forward to trying out some new places to eat. So any suggestions will be appreciated. We have eaten at most of the places in the parks, so looking to try some of the resorts restaurants. So your favs? likes? dislikes? TIA :wave2:

I'm looking forward to going to Universal. I feel like I am cheating but this will be my 6th time (kids 4th) and we're still doing 4 days of Disney! I am excited that the kids are big enough to do almost everything at Universal. I am also excited for SWW!! That was the whole reason this trip was hatched.

We really liked Ohana (both breakfast and dinner) and Kona cafe when we stayed at Poly. I have heard wonderful things about Whispering Canyon. My husband is so picky that we tend to stick to the same places. I don't think we will do any TS meals this trip.:scared1:

I have been waiting on a June thread, glad to find one!

My name is Melody and I will be travelling with my son (9) and my husband. We are going May 27-June 7 and staying at Pop! Can't wait. This will be our first time at PoP so any comments about the resort are welcome. I know we want to stay in the 80's building. My son is fascinated with the Rubic Cube stairs for some reason. :confused3 I have been to Disney 5 times; 2 in high school, my hs band performed. The second time we got to march at night and lead the MSEP. It was awesome!!! My husband and I went in 1999 as a belated honeymoon and then we took our son in 2011. My son knows we are going back but he has no clue how long or when we are going. I am hoping I can keep the dates a surprise. We plan on driving down. We will be leaving about 4 in the morning on the 27th and driving down (about 10ish hours). We are from Alabama too. ROLL TIDE :cheer2: Looking forward to chatting with everyone between now and the time we FINALLY get there. popcorn::

rainydayplay said:
Looks like part of our trip will overlap. We haven't booked yet, but we are planning June 20 - 28. Perhaps there could be a Dismeet... We're with you on the so many restaurants, at least. Mom and I decided that, this year, we would only go to TS restaurants we've never been to before. We have some tough choices ahead!
I knoww, so many choices. I really want to get that BOG dinner reservation for my birthday (July 1st) and want to try Donalds Safari at Tusker house for brunch.

:welcome: to Ero_FL, rthrasher, OhStuffandFluff, mom_of_3_mouseketeers, & melnbil!

[I
Travel Dates (if known):[/I] June 10-16
Where Will You Be Staying?: Art of Animation
Travel Party: 2 adults, 3 kids
Current Location Florida
Favorite Disney Character: Merida or Minnie.
Favorite Disney Movie: Brave
How Many Trips?: This will be our 4th, and longest, trip as a family. Our honeymoon was 5 days, we had two 3-day weekends, and our 5 year anniversary will be 7 days.
On-Site or Off?: On like Donkey Kong!
Best Disney Story: When we went in Feb 2012 it rained one of the afternoons/evenings at MK. We stayed- and got PRIME ride walk-up. We ran through a few rides in Fantasyland again and then we rode PotC 3 times in a row with no line. We ended up soaked and our glow balloons were riding low from the water weight- but it was super fun.
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? FOOD!
Close second: Mousekeeping. :thumbsup2

We're already booked with our down payment. Since it's a big anniversary trip (we started planning on the night of our 4th anniversary because we're nerds), we'll be paying throughout the year.

Totally love rainy days at Disney. Going during the tropical storm in 2012 was way better than going this year in the heat and being sick on my birthday and my DD's. (I never seem to get sick after playing in the rain, either...)

Name: Rusty
Travel Dates (if known): June 7-14, 2014
Where Will You Be Staying?: Windsor Hills
Travel Party: 9
Current Location: Alabama
Favorite Disney Character: Mickey (of course)
How Many Trips?: 4 (3 since having children)
On-Site or Off?: Off for the first time
Best Disney Story: On our last trip on our last night. As we exited The Magic Kingdom, my 7 year old son grabs me by the hand and tells me "No tears daddy!" I don't think I will ever forget that moment.
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? The joy on my family's faces when we see Cinderella's Castle again.

Another Alabama person! :thumbsup2 Love that story!

Name: Bobbi
Travel Dates (if known): Hoping for May 30 - June 6
Where Will You Be Staying?: Split stay between universal studios onsite resort and POFQ
Travel Party: 4 - Me, DH, DS9, and DD7
Current Location: Iowa
Favorite Disney Character: Pooh Bear!
How Many Trips?: 3
On-Site or Off?: all on-site
Best Disney Story: When dining at 1900s park fare for dinner. Anastasia took a liking to my DS who was 7 at the time. He was sooooo embarrassed by the attention he was getting from her. She told him she was single and looking :). Then she proceeded to try to kiss him! He was trying hard to get away from her, but at last she got him! A big red lipstick kiss left on his forehead! The look on his face was priceless! The whole scene was hilarious! I will never forget that moment!
232323232%7Ffp73449%3Enu%3D5%3B%3B3%3E54%3B%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D3453%3C8399434%3Anu0mrj

What do you look forward to most on your next trip? Everything! I can't wait to go back! There have been so many cherished moments that happen while we are at Disney!

Another good story and picture! Don't we just love those moments? Our first time at CRT, the fairy godmother was still doing the dinner show. She found two teenagers who had never had their first kiss made them kiss. They were complete strangers -- and the looks on their faces were priceless!

Hi everyone! Glad to have found the June 2014 board! Here's a little about me. :)

Travel Dates (if known): May 31-June 8
Where Will You Be Staying?: Probably off property
Travel Party: 10 (6 adults, 4 kids)
Current Location: Southwest burbs of Chicago
Favorite Disney Character: Ariel
How Many Trips?: This will be my 6th
On-Site or Off?: 4 on site (Dolphin, ASMo, Poly, POR) and 1 off site
Best Disney Story: When my son turned 5, the crowd at MK rope drop sang happy birthday to him. <3
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? Star Wars Weekend and Universal!!!

A trip to the "dark side," hmm? In all our trips, we've never been anywhere besides WDW. It keeps coming up in discussion, but we can't get a trip we think would be long enough for that. :rotfl:

I have been waiting on a June thread, glad to find one!

My name is Melody and I will be travelling with my son (9) and my husband. We are going May 27-June 7 and staying at Pop! Can't wait. This will be our first time at PoP so any comments about the resort are welcome. I know we want to stay in the 80's building. My son is fascinated with the Rubic Cube stairs for some reason. :confused3 I have been to Disney 5 times; 2 in high school, my hs band performed. The second time we got to march at night and lead the MSEP. It was awesome!!! My husband and I went in 1999 as a belated honeymoon and then we took our son in 2011. My son knows we are going back but he has no clue how long or when we are going. I am hoping I can keep the dates a surprise. We plan on driving down. We will be leaving about 4 in the morning on the 27th and driving down (about 10ish hours). We are from Alabama too. ROLL TIDE :cheer2: Looking forward to chatting with everyone between now and the time we FINALLY get there. popcorn::

Ahem. That's War Eagle! :thumbsup2 (Auburn grad here. I'm sure eeyore344 will get on here and support you and that other team. [Thanks, Mom...]) Anywho... I keep trying to talk our dance team instructors into going down to dance in a WDW parade. Not quite there yet, though... :upsidedow

Feel free to add or delete any information you'd like.

Name: joshsmom (Carolyn)
Travel Dates (if known): (tentatively) 6/2 - 6/14
Where Will You Be Staying?: Either CBR or ASMo (depending on AP discount)
Travel Party: me, DS18 (Josh), DGM (Grandma Teresa)
Current Location: Illinois (but heart at WDW)
Favorite Disney Character: Tinkerbell
Favorite Disney Movie: Oh MY!! I have no idea
How Many Trips?: with my family, 12
On-Site or Off?: All onsite with family. I went a few times in college
Best Disney Story: SO many GREAT memories!!
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? Going BACK to Be Our Guest!!

Got a tip, trick, or question (trivia or otherwise)? Be sure to post it! :)

Hi all!! I'm joshsmom. I've been around awhile. I recently defected from the May 2014 thread to the June 2014 thread based on my son's WONDERFUL school changing his graduation date from 5/23 to 5/30!!! UGG. We have been to Disney lots, but NEVER in June. We just got back from the World from our first ever August trip. We were there 12 days and it was glorious--despite being hotter than, well, Hades!!! We are brand new AP holders and still trying to figure THAT out.

I look forward to planning with everyone over the next 9 or so months and hope to learn a lot from veteran June DISers!!

Also, a Josh's Mom :)

We are in initial planning stages and so far only know that we are going sometime in June 2014.

There are either 2, 6, 10 or 12 of us going. We are initially looking at staying at either Port Orleans or Wilderness Lodge, but that can change too.

Also, a Josh's Mom :)

We are in initial planning stages and so far only know that we are going sometime in June 2014.

There are either 2, 6, 10 or 12 of us going. We are initially looking at staying at either Port Orleans or Wilderness Lodge, but that can change too.

:cheer2: another Josh's Mom!!!! LOVE It!!!! Looks like you could have a small, intimate trip or a BIG BLOWOUT~~~ LOL!!! Hope to learn more about June and plan along with June Disers!! My son is TOTALLY NOT into planning right now! He doesn't even want me to MENTION Disney . . . I think he's a little burned out. My mom tolerates me--for now!! So, I need to come here for love and acceptance!!

Here's a pic of my little family from our trip to The World from /1 - 8/12/13!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter