*****Official (??) June 2014 Thread -- Party Like It's Hot!*****

:welcome: joshsmom and JoshMom5! :cheer2:

Hi all!! I'm joshsmom. I've been around awhile. I recently defected from the May 2014 thread to the June 2014 thread based on my son's WONDERFUL school changing his graduation date from 5/23 to 5/30!!! UGG. We have been to Disney lots, but NEVER in June. We just got back from the World from our first ever August trip. We were there 12 days and it was glorious--despite being hotter than, well, Hades!!! We are brand new AP holders and still trying to figure THAT out.

I look forward to planning with everyone over the next 9 or so months and hope to learn a lot from veteran June DISers!!

Graduation dates...I suppose that's something I need to look into as well for my school. The Alabama law that says school can't end after Memorial Day is over in October, so our school year will end the Thursday AFTER Memorial Day (while my DD's school is out the Friday BEFORE Memorial Day.) Just seems weird to be getting out so late (especially when my child is not.) I'm a senior sponsor, so I'll be involved in graduation at my school. Or should be. Or something. When do your kids go back to school? We're back to school here tomorrow. :sad:

Also, a Josh's Mom :)

We are in initial planning stages and so far only know that we are going sometime in June 2014.

There are either 2, 6, 10 or 12 of us going. We are initially looking at staying at either Port Orleans or Wilderness Lodge, but that can change too.

Whoa. I bit of planning that needs to be done there, yet, I see. We decided to do some resort hopping last trip and checked out a couple of other resorts. When we got to Old Key West, we stopped in the general store and told the cashier what we were up to, and she told us to go ask for a tour of a room. We would up getting to see a two bedroom suite. Master bedroom with a king-sized bed and separate bathroom (with a whirlpool tub, I believe). Second bedroom had two beds (not sure if queen or double, but I know that info could be easily found out). The living area had a sleeper sofa and a sleeper chair. Plenty of room. We were in love with it, but if we could afford it, there aren't any openings. Might be a different thing going with 10 or 12 people, though.

New questions:
  1. What is the name of the shark that chases Ariel and Flounder in The Little Mermaid?
  2. What did Merlin call "The greatest force on Earth" in The Sword in the Stone?
  3. How did Walt's brother Roy propose to his wife, Edna?

1. Glut
2. Love
3. By Telegram

New Trivia Questions:
  1. What are the names of Walt Disney's 3 Brothers?
  2. When Walt Disney World opened in October of 1971, who gave the opening day speech?
  3. What was the first Disney Song released on Sheet Music?

Graduation dates...I suppose that's something I need to look into as well for my school. The Alabama law that says school can't end after Memorial Day is over in October, so our school year will end the Thursday AFTER Memorial Day (while my DD's school is out the Friday BEFORE Memorial Day.) Just seems weird to be getting out so late (especially when my child is not.) I'm a senior sponsor, so I'll be involved in graduation at my school. Or should be. Or something. When do your kids go back to school? We're back to school here tomorrow. :sad:

DS went back to school on 8/15--just two days after we got home from The World!! He was originally supposed to graduate on 5/23. I don't know WHY they changed it . . .they failed to ask me about my Disney World vacations plans first!!! :lmao:

So, how is everyone today?

School starts tomorrow for us. Summer sure did seem to be over quickly, didn't it? Tons I still need to do...

My DD and I made it a bit of a Disney night last night. We watched The Fox and the Hound together. Not sure what we could have done for an "appropriate" meal for that, but we'll start making up some Disney fun nights soon. I think the next movie on the line up will be The Lion King. DD was asking about it last night. If I tried to make it a dinner and a movie sort of experience...what would I fix to go with it? Any ideas?

Now, I guess it's time to get my lesson plans finished, as well as a few other things I need to get ready for tomorrow. Hope it's a great week for everyone!

Whoa. I bit of planning that needs to be done there, yet, I see. We decided to do some resort hopping last trip and checked out a couple of other resorts. When we got to Old Key West, we stopped in the general store and told the cashier what we were up to, and she told us to go ask for a tour of a room. We would up getting to see a two bedroom suite. Master bedroom with a king-sized bed and separate bathroom (with a whirlpool tub, I believe). Second bedroom had two beds (not sure if queen or double, but I know that info could be easily found out). The living area had a sleeper sofa and a sleeper chair. Plenty of room. We were in love with it, but if we could afford it, there aren't any openings. Might be a different thing going with 10 or 12 people, though.

My son and I are definitely going and one or two other families may be joining in. We want to try out Wilderness Lodge this time but that may change if the others join in.

Name: Julie
Travel Dates (if known): June 18 - 28
Where Will You Be Staying?:most likely off site at SIL home (5 minutes away from MK)
Travel Party: Me, DH, DD20, DD17
Current Location: Oregon
Favorite Disney Character: Mickey and Mary Poppins
Favorite Disney Movie: Mary Poppins
How Many Trips?: 3
On-Site or Off?: all on site
Best Disney Story: On our second trip in August of 2010 the day we arrive it was raining and everyone was leaving and had the park almost to ourselves.
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? Everything!!!

We are still in the deciding stages. We are taking this trip because first we are in need of some Disney magic and our youngest daughter wants her Senior pictures done on property. Our oldest niece and her hubby both worked at DW and have their own photo/video business and she will be doing her pictures. My husbands sister lives about 5 minutes away from MK and we can stay with her...the kids and I really want to stay on property. But to save the extra money we might stay with them and have family days to explore Florida ;)

:welcome: lorainfam!

Name: Julie
Travel Dates (if known): June 18 - 28
Where Will You Be Staying?:most likely off site at SIL home (5 minutes away from MK)
Travel Party: Me, DH, DD20, DD17
Current Location: Oregon
Favorite Disney Character: Mickey and Mary Poppins
Favorite Disney Movie: Mary Poppins
On-Site or Off?: all on site
Best Disney Story: On our second trip in August of 2010 the day we arrive it was raining and everyone was leaving and had the park almost to ourselves.
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? Everything!!!

We are still in the deciding stages. We are taking this trip because first we are in need of some Disney magic and our youngest daughter wants her Senior pictures done on property. Our oldest niece and her hubby both worked at DW and have their own photo/video business and she will be doing her pictures. My husbands sister lives about 5 minutes away from MK and we can stay with her...the kids and I really want to stay on property. But to save the extra money we might stay with them and have family days to explore Florida ;)

Sounds awesome to have family so close to WDW. I think I'd buy an annual pass and find more reasons to visit family... :thumbsup2

Thanks for letting me hang out for a little while. Unfortunately, I am leaving the group. We have moved our trip up and will be there entirely in May.

Thanks for letting me hang out for a little while. Unfortunately, I am leaving the group. We have moved our trip up and will be there entirely in May.

Sorry to lose you to May, but it will be a fabulous trip for you anyway! Wishing you lots of pixie dust and an awesome SWW! :wizard:

Howdy all! Just got back from the World on Friday and we're already planning for June of 2014. This was to be our "next" trip after our trip last November. We weren't planning on coming this year at all but we managed to find some great deals on flights and the stars aligned and we had a blast last week and can't wait to come back.

We're tentatively planning the first weekend in June, right after school lets out, in time for Star Wars Weekends (hopefully), to have a large celebration trip with lots of friends and family. It turns out we have a number of friends and family that are celebrating birthdays and anniversaries during June, so we thought it would be a great way to get everyone together. We'll likely stay at one of the value resorts but a lot of the planning is yet to be determined and may depend on where others in our group stay. Considering that we'd like to get as many people together as possible we may stay at one of the All Star resorts for the first time or possibly back at Pop, where we stayed in 2010. We love AoA but fear that the cost may be too much for some if they choose to stay in the suites, which are much nicer than the LM rooms we discovered.

It's still in the very early stages of planning but if anyone has tips on managing a large group of 10-20 people let me know!

Name: Jeneen
Travel Dates (if known): Leaving June 17, driving, arriving June 19-June 30.
Where Will You Be Staying?: Right now Saratoga Springs but hoping to change to Beach Club, Boardwalk or Bay Lake Towers.Travel Party: 2
Current Location: Poconos, PA
Favorite Disney Character: Minnie Mouse
Favorite Disney Movie: Peter Pan
How Many Trips?: 8
On-Site or Off?: 6 on site, 1 off site, 1 Shades of Green
Best Disney Story: My daughter took her first steps at Disney!
What do you look forward to most on your next trip: I am looking forward to seeing my daughter dance at Downtown Disney!

My daughter will be performing with her dance company at Downtown Disney June 22! I can't wait to see her on stage! This is a mom and daughter trip, it's going to be great! I have never been to Disney during the summer so this will be interesting. I am getting a bit nervous about the heat and crowds but I know it will be ok because I will be in DISNEY WORLD! I am leaving behind my other kids though which will be hard for me. They are ok with it though, my youngest doesn't do well in the heat so he is ok with it. I promised them we would take a family trip October 2015. My husband isn't a Disney lover like myself so he is ok staying home.

Name: Albus Family
Travel Dates (if known):June 23rd- July2nd
Where Will You Be Staying?:POR
Travel Party: 6
Current Location: Nj
Favorite Disney Character: Tinkerbell
Favorite Disney Movie: beauty and the beast
How Many Trips?: 4
On-Site or Off?: on-site
Best Disney Story:
What do you look forward to most on your next trip?
seeing the new fantasy land

:welcome: squirrel4569, jpmom97, & letstalkboutdisney!

It's still in the very early stages of planning but if anyone has tips on managing a large group of 10-20 people let me know!

No tips here... our biggest group has been 6. As needed, we split up, communicated with cell phones, and met for ADRs. Only thing that is really really difficult is if your group has all the WDW experts and everyone else is relying and your decisions to know what to do next....

Name: Jeneen
Travel Dates (if known): Leaving June 17, driving, arriving June 19-June 30.
Where Will You Be Staying?: Right now Saratoga Springs but hoping to change to Beach Club, Boardwalk or Bay Lake Towers.Travel Party: 2
Current Location: Poconos, PA
Favorite Disney Character: Minnie Mouse
Favorite Disney Movie: Peter Pan
How Many Trips?: 8
On-Site or Off?: 6 on site, 1 off site, 1 Shades of Green
Best Disney Story: My daughter took her first steps at Disney!
What do you look forward to most on your next trip: I am looking forward to seeing my daughter dance at Downtown Disney!

Pretty awesome to be able to say your DD took her first steps at Disney!

My DD is a dancer, too! I told one of her dance teachers that if they want to dance at Disney, I'll take the lead on planning it! This is her first year on the competition team. She's in a large group number, then a tap trio. While we were at WDW last June, I let DD pick out charms for her trio -- couldn't afford to get one for the whole group! We chose Minnie in her red and white polka dotted dress with a purse hanging below her. Their song for the trio is Chugga Chugga Choo Choo (Choo Choo Soul). They are using suitcases as props, and their costume will be a red dress with white polka dots! How perfect, right?

Name: Albus Family
Travel Dates (if known):June 23rd- July2nd
Where Will You Be Staying?:POR
Travel Party: 6
Current Location: Nj
Favorite Disney Character: Tinkerbell
Favorite Disney Movie: beauty and the beast
How Many Trips?: 4
On-Site or Off?: on-site
Best Disney Story:
What do you look forward to most on your next trip?
seeing the new fantasy land

New Fantasy Land is nice, but definitely wasn't finished yet when we saw it. Anybody know when the Mine Train is supposed to be ready? Will it be ready for us Junies? :hippie:

Reservations made! Woo hoo!

We finally decided we'd stay at POFQ. We have stayed the last two times at POR (3 total stays) and have been to CBR twice and WL once. We were seriously considering going back to CBR. CSR seems too spread out to really consider (although we'd really like to stay at OKW, and it's huge from what we saw!)

We're also doing QS Dining this time, maybe paying OOP for a couple of TS. It's amazing, but when you are on the DDP, sometimes it just feels like you are running from ADR to ADR, and we're hoping to slow down a bit this time. Maybe with QSDP, we won't feel as rushed. (Of course, TS can also be too much food...) We'd like to do afternoon tea at the GF, among other things.

What's your favorite QS restaurant?

Everyone else enjoy the long weekend...this teacher has to work tomorrow. (Just got the system call to remind all our parents that school is in session tomorrow... joy, joy, joy! Might be a good day for AR Star testing....)

Reservations made! Woo hoo!

We finally decided we'd stay at POFQ. We have stayed the last two times at POR (3 total stays) and have been to CBR twice and WL once. We were seriously considering going back to CBR. CSR seems too spread out to really consider (although we'd really like to stay at OKW, and it's huge from what we saw!)

We're also doing QS Dining this time, maybe paying OOP for a couple of TS. It's amazing, but when you are on the DDP, sometimes it just feels like you are running from ADR to ADR, and we're hoping to slow down a bit this time. Maybe with QSDP, we won't feel as rushed. (Of course, TS can also be too much food...) We'd like to do afternoon tea at the GF, among other things.

What's your favorite QS restaurant?

Everyone else enjoy the long weekend...this teacher has to work tomorrow. (Just got the system call to remind all our parents that school is in session tomorrow... joy, joy, joy! Might be a good day for AR Star testing....)

We have stayed at POFQ and absolutely loved staying there.

I've been searching all over the boards for a thread like this! Finally found it! :yay:

Name: Kellie
Travel Dates (if known): June 1-7
Where Will You Be Staying?: Studio at Boardwalk Villas
Travel Party: Me and my future HUSBAND :lovestruc
Current Location: Delaware
Favorite Disney Character: Ariel
Favorite Disney Movie: The Little Mermaid, of course. With Beauty and the Beast a very close second
How Many Trips?: oh boy... I'm guessing about 10 throughout my childhood. Plus I did the Disney College Program a few years back. I haven't been since then and it's been too long!!
On-Site or Off?: On-site

What do you look forward to most on your next trip? I'll be on my honeymoon, so I look forward to spending every moment with my new husband!! :cloud9:

Not only will this be our honeymoon, but it will also be our first trip together ever! :love: We have both been before... me a bunch of times with my family and him only twice, and with his family as well. This will be my first trip planning the whole thing by myself, but I am SO happy I found the DIS. I'm learning things I've never known about and it's awesome!! :banana:

Travel Dates (if known): June 2- June 8

Where Will You Be Staying?: cabin at Fort Wilderness

Travel Party: my parents have booked this trip as a surprise for my 2 boys. So it will be them, my husband and I and both boys (who will be 7 and 9 then).

Current Location: NC

Favorite Disney Character: Tinkerbell.

How Many Trips?: I went when I was 5. My boys have never been.

Honestly, I have never really been a hardcore Disney fan. (Gasp) I don't dislike it... Its just never been a blip on my radar really.. Mostly because I assumed we would never be able to take the kids so it was just out of my mind. Im shocked and excited that my parents are making this possible and Im looking forward to it.... But Im also very overwhelmed. So much to plan, so many tips, so many do's/don'ts, possible crowds, heat, etc. i just hope its a fun, memorable trip.

Name: Bobbi
Travel Dates (if known): Hoping for May 30 - June 6
Where Will You Be Staying?: Split stay between universal studios onsite resort and POFQ
Travel Party: 4 - Me, DH, DS9, and DD7
Current Location: Iowa
Favorite Disney Character: Pooh Bear!
Favorite Disney Movie: Beauty and the Beast
On-Site or Off?: all on-site
Best Disney Story: When dining at 1900s park fare for dinner. Anastasia took a liking to my DS who was 7 at the time. He was sooooo embarrassed by the attention he was getting from her. She told him she was single and looking :). Then she proceeded to try to kiss him! He was trying hard to get away from her, but at last she got him! A big red lipstick kiss left on his forehead! The look on his face was priceless! The whole scene was hilarious! I will never forget that moment!
232323232%7Ffp73449%3Enu%3D5%3B%3B3%3E54%3B%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D3453%3C8399434%3Anu0mrj

What do you look forward to most on your next trip? Everything! I can't wait to go back! There have been so many cherished moments that happen while we are at Disney!

Love this picture! So nice when you can get your children in what they want you to believe is embarassing situations. (but by the smile on their face you can tell they really enjoyed it:thumbsup2)

I have been waiting on a June thread, glad to find one!

My name is Melody and I will be travelling with my son (9) and my husband. We are going May 27-June 7 and staying at Pop! Can't wait. This will be our first time at PoP so any comments about the resort are welcome. I know we want to stay in the 80's building. My son is fascinated with the Rubic Cube stairs for some reason. :confused3 I have been to Disney 5 times; 2 in high school, my hs band performed. The second time we got to march at night and lead the MSEP. It was awesome!!! My husband and I went in 1999 as a belated honeymoon and then we took our son in 2011. My son knows we are going back but he has no clue how long or when we are going. I am hoping I can keep the dates a surprise. We plan on driving down. We will be leaving about 4 in the morning on the 27th and driving down (about 10ish hours). We are from Alabama too. ROLL TIDE :cheer2: Looking forward to chatting with everyone between now and the time we FINALLY get there. popcorn::

"ROLL TIDE"!! We started the year off good so far. Glad to see another UoA fan. Daughter who is doing this thread unfortunately graduated from that other school. But she got a scholarship (free money you don't turn down) so she will disagree with us. But her grandfather and great grandfather graduated from there too so I guess it's a family tradition. I tried hard to change it but oh well.
Are you from north or south Alabama?
Glad you're here!:welcome:

:welcome: squirrel4569, jpmom97, & letstalkboutdisney!

Pretty awesome to be able to say your DD took her first steps at Disney!

My DD is a dancer, too! I told one of her dance teachers that if they want to dance at Disney, I'll take the lead on planning it! This is her first year on the competition team. She's in a large group number, then a tap trio. While we were at WDW last June, I let DD pick out charms for her trio -- couldn't afford to get one for the whole group! We chose Minnie in her red and white polka dotted dress with a purse hanging below her. Their song for the trio is Chugga Chugga Choo Choo (Choo Choo Soul). They are using suitcases as props, and their costume will be a red dress with white polka dots! How perfect, right?

That sounds so perfect! My daughter's company is a large group. They are pretty new so there haven't been any trios but that would be so great for her to do. I'm not sure what the teacher has planned for the performance but I know the school is allowed 25 minutes on stage and there are 4 groups performing within the dance company. I'm thinking they are going to do their tap piece which is 'Step in Time' from Mary Poppins but not sure. If you have any questions I can tell what I know about the performing arts program. I can tell you the tickets are at a huge discount! I would perform on stage myself to get those prices LOL.

I was so happy when she took her first steps. It was at Port Orleans Riverside. I left out a few days later we were at the Grand Floridian for the Afternoon tea and she wiped out and split her lip open!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter