***Official June 2024 Thread***

Oh yay! We’ll be there at the same time!!
Yes! We will won't we! That's awesome. Personally I kind of wanted to stay at the Floridian, but DH prefers the Poly, and we were at the Floridian in 2019 so I got overruled.... :P Can't say I'm all that upset about it though. My only gripe is the monorail...I hate it, I hate it so much. It's neither convenient, nor comfortable. I honestly don't think I've ever been in a car that didn't smell like some form of body excretion. Not to mention the back door access to Epcot is something that hurts to give up! That fireworks view from the beach though...😍

Hi! DW, DD (10), and DS (8) are making our way to Bay Lake Tower June 21-29. We are sharing a two-bedroom suite with a first time family with two kids ages 10 and 5. We wanted to stay at a Poly bungalow for a more themed experience, but we’re happy with BLT. Except my DD who is still pretty mad because she wanted everything perfect for our 1st timers. We’ll make it up to them I’m sure! Looking forward to looking forward to the trip with all of you!

Yay! I love to plan! This is our first trip in 6 years so I am super excited! Also have a lot to learn with Genie+, LL, etc. We will be doing a split at BWV June 3-7 and AKV June 7-11.
Hello and welcome to the group! There are lots of tips and tricks for Genie+ and ILL right here on the boards. A lot has changed in 6 years! I look forward to sharing in your planning experience.
Hi! DW, DD (10), and DS (8) are making our way to Bay Lake Tower June 21-29. We are sharing a two-bedroom suite with a first time family with two kids ages 10 and 5. We wanted to stay at a Poly bungalow for a more themed experience, but we’re happy with BLT. Except my DD who is still pretty mad because she wanted everything perfect for our 1st timers. We’ll make it up to them I’m sure! Looking forward to looking forward to the trip with all of you!
I used to love the Contemporary Resort. It was the first resort I took my family to when we started our Disney trips way back when. Bay Lake tower does have the walking to MK advantage, and I know that the monorail coming right through the Contemporary is an awesome experience for any first timer. To be honest it is most likely the resort I would recommend to someone on their first trip. At least the tower doesn't share the horrible room "retheme" of the main building. 😆 Still I envy you. One of my favorite things is sharing my Disney Knowledge with first timers, especially when you can see their excitement first hand

Yes! We will won't we! That's awesome. Personally I kind of wanted to stay at the Floridian, but DH prefers the Poly, and we were at the Floridian in 2019 so I got overruled.... :P Can't say I'm all that upset about it though. My only gripe is the monorail...I hate it, I hate it so much. It's neither convenient, nor comfortable. I honestly don't think I've ever been in a car that didn't smell like some form of body excretion. Not to mention the back door access to Epcot is something that hurts to give up! That fireworks view from the beach though...😍
My issue with the monorail is that it is never cool, and in the summer that's a big bummer. I still love to ride it but I always expect a cool ride and it never is plus it can be pretty cramped in there. Maybe you can visit or have dinner at GF to get a little time in there ❤️

The access to EP can not be beat! We love that so much! But with the skyliner increasing the traffic at rope drop, we have had to learn to get there a little earlier if we want to ride Remy without a huge wait. It's still the best though!

I can't wait to start planning our summer trips!

Hello! Jumping on board since I've decided I want to spend my big 5-0 birthday at my happy place! Tentative at this point, but I'm aiming for OKW for June 23-29th!

My issue with the monorail is that it is never cool, and in the summer that's a big bummer. I still love to ride it but I always expect a cool ride and it never is plus it can be pretty cramped in there. Maybe you can visit or have dinner at GF to get a little time in there ❤️

The access to EP can not be beat! We love that so much! But with the skyliner increasing the traffic at rope drop, we have had to learn to get there a little earlier if we want to ride Remy without a huge wait. It's still the best though!

I can't wait to start planning our summer trips!
It's so hard to only be able to plan in our heads. I mean I know some things I plan on doing already just because they are tradition, but until I see it in the itinerary....sigh.
Hello! Jumping on board since I've decided I want to spend my big 5-0 birthday at my happy place! Tentative at this point, but I'm aiming for OKW for June 23-29th!
Welcome to the group! I can't personally think of a better place to celebrate such an important birthday, I look forward to hearing what you plan.

We are definitely going June 2024 but need to decide between the week of June 9th thru 15th or the week of June 16th thru 22nd.

Which week do you think is better and why?

TIA!!!!!
Honestly there isn't much difference. We went in late June in 2022, and early June this year. The crowds are about the same, the weather is scorching regardless, and it's the same festivals/events playing out. My dates next year were just a dart at the calendar tbh. Regardless, welcome to the group! Let me know when you decide on dates so I can get you added to the rollcall.

Hello! 👋 Excited to join! My family is currently booked at AoA June 7 and POFQ June 15-17, with a DCL cruise in between. It'll be myself, DH, DS7 and my DM. It's a birthday trip for DS turning 8 and me turning not 8. Lol. DM is just "going along for the ride and the magic in (DS7) eyes while it's still there". 🤣😂

Hello all! Just booked a trip for June 26-July 2 staying at All Star Movies for myself and DD14. We last visited in 2022. This will be the first time in many years we will be going in the heat of summer. We usually go in January, May or November and the weather is usually good. Will be looking for tips to beat the heat. Thanks for adding me!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter