• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

My dh is dying to go to the character outlets. He watches videos of people showing off their finds.

We love going to the character outlet! I wonder what kinds of things they're going to have in November? Halloween? Summer? Have they cleared out a lot of stuff getting ready for Xmas?

We booked our first ever split stay for this November trip. We are going to be at the Grand Floridian Nov 25th to 28th, then the Beach Club from Nov 28th to Dec 1st. We had stayed at the GF last Dec 1st to 5th and found out that we absolutely hated taking the monorail to Epcot. So we missed a lot of the Epcot Christmas stuff. We wanted to go back this year and so we are trying a split stay. We'll do all the MK and AK stuff while at GF and then the Epcot and DHS stuff while at the BC.

I bought airfare when SWA released the dates. Our trip home on Friday is pretty cheap. but the Sat trip to MCO is not. I'm hoping that prices drop as we get closer.

So far we have Tusker House for breakfast and a dinner at Narcoossee. We'll probably get over to Fort Wilderness for breakfast at Trails End. And I've been trying to get DH over to the Wave for breakfast, and this time we might make it there. ;)

I just learned that the MK will close at 4:30pm on Thursday, Nov 30th for a special CM celebration. That will make for some very crowded nights at MK on the few days that it isn't closed for a party.

So I got our Southwest flights on May 18th when they released our dates. I debated waiting to see if flights might go down, but decided I wanted to be sure we got what we wanted. I am happy with the flight times. I don't get why there are no non-stop flights for us, though. Disappointing, but oh well. Going down is 7:30 A.M.-12:30 P.M. and coming home is 12:20-5:25 P.M. This is the first time we'll get there early enough to go to a park on the first day. Yay! Also, I was able to pay for both my flight and DH's flight with the points bonus from my new SW Visa. Woohoo!

So I checked yesterday to see if perhaps flights had gone down. Nope, up 14,000 points total for the 2 of us! Glad I booked early!

We just decided to go yesterday, though I have had a free dining reservation set since it came out...just in case ;) anyhow, we only have four park days on this trip and I am seeing that AK closes at 7, there is no rivers of light. (11/27-12/1) is there any chance they will add ROL? I thought the park was open late now

We just decided to go yesterday, though I have had a free dining reservation set since it came out...just in case ;) anyhow, we only have four park days on this trip and I am seeing that AK closes at 7, there is no rivers of light. (11/27-12/1) is there any chance they will add ROL? I thought the park was open late now
The park hours are definitely not set yet, and, from experience, could change all the way up to a couple weeks before your trip. Sure does make it difficult to plan!!

The park hours are definitely not set yet, and, from experience, could change all the way up to a couple weeks before your trip. Sure does make it difficult to plan!!
Definitely does...I'm thinking of doing a split of Epcot 9-12 and then animal kingdom until close as we want to see Pandora at night, the tree lit up and maybe rivers of light. Sun is supposed to set at 5:30 so I was surprised there is no ROL. Then another day we may start at HS, and go to Epcot to finish the night. Trying to fit three oarks in two days lol might not work out.

We booked our first ever split stay for this November trip. We are going to be at the Grand Floridian Nov 25th to 28th, then the Beach Club from Nov 28th to Dec 1st. We had stayed at the GF last Dec 1st to 5th and found out that we absolutely hated taking the monorail to Epcot. So we missed a lot of the Epcot Christmas stuff. We wanted to go back this year and so we are trying a split stay. We'll do all the MK and AK stuff while at GF and then the Epcot and DHS stuff while at the BC.

I bought airfare when SWA released the dates. Our trip home on Friday is pretty cheap. but the Sat trip to MCO is not. I'm hoping that prices drop as we get closer.

So far we have Tusker House for breakfast and a dinner at Narcoossee. We'll probably get over to Fort Wilderness for breakfast at Trails End. And I've been trying to get DH over to the Wave for breakfast, and this time we might make it there. ;)

I just learned that the MK will close at 4:30pm on Thursday, Nov 30th for a special CM celebration. That will make for some very crowded nights at MK on the few days that it isn't closed for a party.
So glad to see you here happy to be counting down with you again :goodvibes
That's a great idea splitting your stay. While we loved our March stay at CR we lost so much time trekking over to Epcot for F&G :sad2:
GF is so beautiful at Christmas and we love listening to the piano player and Citricos so good. We have Yatchsman's booked for Thanksgiving dinner really looking forward to trying it for the first time. We have 'Ohanas and BOG two of Kathy's favorites. Also brunch at the CR we did this in March and it was amazing.
Flight prices were crazy even looking at May 18 when SWA released their prices. I was able to secure our flight down by arriving a day early. Got a really good price with AA. Still waiting for our flight home.
My oldest DD and her family are going to be there 11/13-11/19 and with us arriving earlier we now have 2 full days together. So excited to see Disney through my grandchildrens eyes :cloud9:

My weakness are resort coffee cups...but I do use them:P
I am also thinking with driving will be easier to adjust our schedule around DD work schedule. Hoping we get to see her at least a few hours that week!
I get a new mug every trip too, my favourite is my Marie mug from France. I love my coffee so I use them everyday!:teeth:

My dh is dying to go to the character outlets. He watches videos of people showing off their finds.
We love the outlets! I found a Chip mug last year for $6.99 and it was over $20 at the parks! My kids like to get a bunch of toys with there Disney $ there and really don't want much more at WDW. Some of the things they sell are still available at the parks but are way cheaper at the Outlets. My youngest DS4 found a pirate set with sword, patch and parrot for under $10 and we saw it in the Pirates of The Caribean store for twice as much! I may have also watched 1 or 2 of those videos too.:rolleyes1

We love the outlets! I found a Chip mug last year for $6.99 and it was over $20 at the parks! My kids like to get a bunch of toys with there Disney $ there and really don't want much more at WDW. Some of the things they sell are still available at the parks but are way cheaper at the Outlets. My youngest DS4 found a pirate set with sword, patch and parrot for under $10 and we saw it in the Pirates of The Caribean store for twice as much! I may have also watched 1 or 2 of those videos too.:rolleyes1

Haha you should make your own video!

Need a little advice. I want to add a Universal Studios day, but I already bought my daughter's 10 day ticket (I have an AP). Do I give up a rest day, skip a Disney day, or pass on US? I really want to visit HP again, but my daughter isn't a HP fan. However I know she would enjoy many of the other rides. For reference she'll be turning 8 on this trip, never been to DW, only DL.
not sure if anyone responded or not - here's my 2 cents. 8 is a bit young for Universal - or at least it would have been for my kids. They didn't appreicate it until they were a little older. If it's just one day, I would skip it. The HP area is by far the best area there (for our family). At that age, my kids would have rather had an extra day to get more Sorcerers cards at Magic Kingdom or spent it in a cool Disney pool :) But we've also never been able to go for any amount of time requiring a 10 day ticket! I would suggest you pose the question to her. Show her the rides at Universal. Are you prepared to fork out $$ for a one day hopper pass there as well as getting yourself over there?

Just booked yesterday - my first solo trip! Sun 26th Nov - Sun 3rd Dec staying at All Star Sports. The flight from the UK will take up most of Sunday so my first day in the parks will be Monday 27th. Cannot wait! On the QS DP - never done the dining plan before so this will be my biggest learning curve this trip. Plenty of time to suss out how to make the most of it. Managed to snag a QS breakfast at Be Our Guest this morning for 2nd Dec!

Has anyone been able to book a fireworks dessert party in Magic Kingdom the last week of November? I'm hoping they just have not released them yet.

Has anyone been able to book a fireworks dessert party in Magic Kingdom the last week of November? I'm hoping they just have not released them yet.
I don't think October isn't released yet, nor November. There is availability for August & September. The CM I spoke with made it sound like sell-outs are not common. We are watching for a November party also- I'I'll post here when I see November open- if someone else doesn't post first.

I don't think October isn't released yet, nor November. There is availability for August & September. The CM I spoke with made it sound like sell-outs are not common. We are watching for a November party also- I'I'll post here when I see November open- if someone else doesn't post first.

Thank you! I called wdw dining to see what they would tell me and the CM told me it was definitely just sold out - but I didn't believe her. I knew someone on here would have better Intel :cool1:

not sure if anyone responded or not - here's my 2 cents. 8 is a bit young for Universal - or at least it would have been for my kids. They didn't appreicate it until they were a little older. If it's just one day, I would skip it. The HP area is by far the best area there (for our family). At that age, my kids would have rather had an extra day to get more Sorcerers cards at Magic Kingdom or spent it in a cool Disney pool :) But we've also never been able to go for any amount of time requiring a 10 day ticket! I would suggest you pose the question to her. Show her the rides at Universal. Are you prepared to fork out $$ for a one day hopper pass there as well as getting yourself over there?

Thank you for a very thoughtful response! I can't ask her opinion as the trip is a surprise. We took her to US Hollywood and she had a great time, but we did lots of shows which we wouldn't have time for. However, I decided not to by tickets to Universal. It's too much to cram into one day, and she wont enjoy HP as much as I do.

Yeah, we lucked out on our trip days. I had only planned on going for a week, but our kids have the entire week of Thanksgiving off. So we were able to extend our trip for a few extra days.

It sure will. I will be in MK on 11/29 to see HEA. I hope it is doable.

We'll be in MK on 11/29 too!!! HEA is awesome!!! It's the only night during our trip that it works out we'll be able to see them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter