*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

hey y’all!
I think I have my ADRs ready to book.
Hoop de doo, homecomin, ohana, and garden grill...
We have the dining plan—I need QS suggestions, especially in HS because we won’t have an ADR that day.
What are your favorites??

Hey all! Following along! I've been planning this trip for a few weeks now but I have yet to book it

November 28th- December 1st

Short trip because I am the heading to universal until the 5th, to try out the new Aventura hotel (first time actually staying over night for universal instead of just day trips from Disney.
We are taking another two people with us, but we need separate rooms.. I cannot decided on what to do. POFQ IS SOLD OUT So I had thought to keep their price tag down I'd go to a value, when I always stay at a moderate level.

The calanders all say that the crowds will be super light while there.. But I feel like with the release of free dining and soooo many people more aware of these calanders, that it might not be as "light" on the crowds as what we may think??

I’m so sorry POFQ is booked! It’s my favorite!!!! Keep checking, maybe someone will cancel.

I’m so sorry POFQ is booked! It’s my favorite!!!! Keep checking, maybe someone will cancel.
thanks! if i go a day earlier, i can have it for the full stay, but iv already stretched it from.... "lets go to universal this time, and take a day over for mvmcp" to now having a three night stay at wdw before universal :rolleyes1
If this was a trip without newbies it would be super easy to convince them..

Who else travels with first timers alot? It seems so hard to get them on the band wagon at 8 months out, they think I'm nuts

thanks! if i go a day earlier, i can have it for the full stay, but iv already stretched it from.... "lets go to universal this time, and take a day over for mvmcp" to now having a three night stay at wdw before universal :rolleyes1
If this was a trip without newbies it would be super easy to convince them..

Who else travels with first timers alot? It seems so hard to get them on the band wagon at 8 months out, they think I'm nuts

I haven't traveled with newbies but I helped my cousin with her planning. She came to me late and it was after her 60 day window opened up. She still thought I was nuts planning everything out less than 2 months out. She ended up having a great trip and has thanked me 100 times. Now my husband roped me into helping his coworker, I'm sure he thinks I'm crazy too especially after me telling him I need his ADR info now because Sunday is his ADR window. He's going October 26-Nov 2 so we'll miss them by a day unless we fly in on the 2nd which might be a possibility since I'm striking out with flights. I'm like an unpaid travel agent. I like the planning so it's not a big deal and I really don't mind making ADRs and fastpasses when they open up but I also feel a lot of pressure to make sure they have good trips.

The first timers will thank you later when they see how it all works and how they may have missed out on stuff if you weren't a crazy Disney planner. Heck my husband thought I was crazy when I was planning our first trip but was so happy when we got there and he saw how it really made a huge difference. I guess that's why he's telling all of his friends that if they book a Disney trip that I will help them with the planning. I'll make sure to wake him up at 6 am on Sunday when I make his friend's ADRs.

I tell my dh that we can never do Disney with anyone else because I don't want anyone slowing us down. lol

I could use some ADR advice for him. Anyone do T-Rex? His coworker has 2 boys 6yo & 8yo so no princess stuff for them. They are staying at Riverside so I thought something in Disney Springs on an off night would be good and T-Rex looks like fun for boys. I have Whispering Canyon, 'Ohana, Hollywood and Vine (for Jedi Training sign up), Garden Grill, Sci-Fi on a list of possibilities for them. If anyone has any recommendations, I'd love to hear them.

We are booked Nov 16-18 Hard Rock at Universal and then staying at Hilton Buena Vista Palace Nov 18-24.

We'll be there November 25-30th! We managed to snag free dining at Saratoga Springs. We've never been there before so we're excited to try a new resort!

Will be there 24-30 at Asap preferred free ding with upgrade. Am excited this time usually go in Sept or before Thanksgiving :tinker:

Welcome to the roll call everyone!

Another joiner and another person bringing first-timers! We will be there Nov 5-8 at BLT. A short trip with a friend and her two kiddos who have never been (with another friend who is a regular). We are planning the whole thing around their interests and I had no problem getting them on board at 8+ months. I couldn't book the room until 7 months out and they were checking in to make sure I was keeping track of the dates.

Another joiner and another person bringing first-timers! We will be there Nov 5-8 at BLT. A short trip with a friend and her two kiddos who have never been (with another friend who is a regular). We are planning the whole thing around their interests and I had no problem getting them on board at 8+ months. I couldn't book the room until 7 months out and they were checking in to make sure I was keeping track of the dates.

Welcome!!!

More thoughts. In the past we’ve done early breakfast at MK to get ride benefits but I was (obsessively) reading easywdw and saw that they may have changed that policy and aren’t letting breakfast goers actually ride before the welcome show. Tried to google More information but can’t find it. Anyone have ideas where to point me ?

More thoughts. In the past we’ve done early breakfast at MK to get ride benefits but I was (obsessively) reading easywdw and saw that they may have changed that policy and aren’t letting breakfast goers actually ride before the welcome show. Tried to google More information but can’t find it. Anyone have ideas where to point me ?

There was a thread about it before the changes happened & after people reported back. I’m pretty sure it was changed before our trip in July last year. It seems like you might have a small advantage for a BOG since you’re past the castle but not for Crystal Palace or CRT. I’ve been meaning to look up recent reports to see if a pre-park BOG is still worth if but haven’t got around to it.

We will be there November 24-30! Me, DH, DD8 & DS6 Staying at All Star Music with Free Dining!! Unfortunately, we will be driving from NJ and I am NOT looking forward to it! :eek: We can’t wait!!!

We changed our dates. We’ll now be arriving the Saturday after Thanksgiving!

11/24 - 12/1 ~ SO excited!

Oops, forgot to reply to this :blush: -- but your dates were updated on the roll call!

We will be there November 24-30! Me, DH, DD8 & DS6 Staying at All Star Music with Free Dining!! Unfortunately, we will be driving from NJ and I am NOT looking forward to it! :eek: We can’t wait!!!

Welcome to the Roll Call!

How funny, we're driving down from NJ, too! Is this your first time driving from NJ?

Taking advantage of Free Dining and booked a trip for 11/24-11/28 (possibly adding a day) staying at All Star Music with NO Kids!! We can't wait. Any others going without kids? How are you planning your days?

@Newsies

Oops, forgot to reply to this :blush: -- but your dates were updated on the roll call!

Welcome to the Roll Call!

How funny, we're driving down from NJ, too! Is this your first time driving from NJ?

I drove one other time, about 11 years ago. When I was young and kid free! :rotfl2: I am really dreading this drive, especially with 2 kids! Lol! Also, it is a holiday weekend so I’m worried about traffic. Is this your first time driving? Where in NJ are you driving from? We are in Camden County, about 30 mins from DE Memorial Bridge.

I bought our tickets on Southwest out of Philadelphia for $156 each. Same flight on Southwest out of Baltimore was $143. It's a bit more than I wanted to pay but I'm ok with it. I figured if I got the $58 flight on Spirit out of Baltimore I would still have to pay the $9 fare club at $60, pay for our bags at $50, drive and pay tolls at about $25 and then get a hotel for the night at $80 so I wouldn't be saving anything. If the four of us were flying it would be worth it to go out of Baltimore but not for just two people. I'm also a bit nervous to fly Spirit. I've heard way too many horror stories.

Once flights are out for the rest of November I will either fly back home into Philly or Baltimore. My SO can pick me up in Baltimore since we are flying in on a Sunday. I was hesitant to fly out of Baltimore to MCO before seeing prices for return flights. I would hate to have my car in Baltimore and the flights be the same price or cheaper flying back into Philly. If I fly out of Baltimore to MCO I would have to fly back home into Baltimore.

It's a 6 am flight so we land at 8:25 am. My plan is to hit the MK, go back to the room for a nap in the afternoon some time and then hit the MK in the evening again. I will change my request at POFQ to "first available room" so we can nap in the afternoon.
We are doing a similar thing. Flying out of Newark on JetBlue and into bwi. Taking Amtrak from bwi to philly. Everything was booked on points so free except taxes and fees for the flights. This is for our August trip.

Last edited:
I was hopeful since we arrive on the 24th, but alas the Polynesian was not included. We’re not willing to switch so now we hope for a good Room Only discount

Same here! Nov 25-dec 1 at contemporary but it’s not in free DDP! Ugh, sad face right? Fingers crossed you and I get a good room discount.

Also, does anyone know if they just don’t show Star Wars projection show at all when they do jingle bell blam?

I drove one other time, about 11 years ago. When I was young and kid free! :rotfl2: I am really dreading this drive, especially with 2 kids! Lol! Also, it is a holiday weekend so I’m worried about traffic. Is this your first time driving? Where in NJ are you driving from? We are in Camden County, about 30 mins from DE Memorial Bridge.

I’m from CC too. Haven’t done the drive. I know people who do & start late at night so kids sleep through most of it.

Same here! Nov 25-dec 1 at contemporary but it’s not in free DDP! Ugh, sad face right? Fingers crossed you and I get a good room discount.

Also, does anyone know if they just don’t show Star Wars projection show at all when they do jingle bell blam?

They didn’t when I saw JBJB but that was 2 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter