*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

We are going 11/17 - 11/23 and staying ay the Poly!!

for ADR's we will be choosing our normal breakfast buffets; Crystal Palace, Tuskers, Garden Grill, and Ohana.. then 50's or Sci-Fi for a lunch or dinner when we are at HS.. I'm not sure what we are doing for Thanksgiving dinner yet.

I am trying to figure out Thanksgiving Dinner as well. Thinking Artist Point, or The Edison, Boathouse...can't decide.

Hey all! Following along! I've been planning this trip for a few weeks now but I have yet to book it

November 28th- December 1st

Short trip because I am the heading to universal until the 5th, to try out the new Aventura hotel (first time actually staying over night for universal instead of just day trips from Disney.
We are taking another two people with us, but we need separate rooms.. I cannot decided on what to do. POFQ IS SOLD OUT So I had thought to keep their price tag down I'd go to a value, when I always stay at a moderate level.

The calanders all say that the crowds will be super light while there.. But I feel like with the release of free dining and soooo many people more aware of these calanders, that it might not be as "light" on the crowds as what we may think??

Hey all! Following along! I've been planning this trip for a few weeks now but I have yet to book it

Short trip because I am the heading to universal until the 5th, to try out the new Aventura hotel (first time actually staying over night for universal instead of just day trips from Disney.
We are taking another two people with us, but we need separate rooms.. I cannot decided on what to do. POFQ IS SOLD OUT So I had thought to keep their price tag down I'd go to a value, when I always stay at a moderate level.

The calanders all say that the crowds will be super light while there.. But I feel like with the release of free dining and soooo many people more aware of these calanders, that it might not be as "light" on the crowds as what we may think??

I went during that time last year and the crowds were not light. I had gone last summer over the 4th of July and I felt like crowds were comparable. I even had better luck getting additional fastpasses in July vs Nov/Dec. Definitely manageable though.

The refurbed rooms at POP look pretty nice. I haven't stayed in one, just the old rooms.

I went during that time last year and the crowds were not light. I had gone last summer over the 4th of July and I felt like crowds were comparable. I even had better luck getting additional fastpasses in July vs Nov/Dec. Definitely manageable though.

The refurbed rooms at POP look pretty nice. I haven't stayed in one, just the old rooms.

Ughh. I've done the week after two years ago, and they were pretty good! This trip really started as a "lets go to universal and keep the price low"..... Well that ideas gone

Pops full at that time. I was thinking ASMovies? They are undergoing the refurbs, so the rooms should be clean! Just concerned about noise and bus crowds

This trip really started as a "lets go to universal and keep the price low"..... Well that ideas gone

That's how they always start! :D We haven't done Universal yet. Maybe next year but every time I bring it up my husband responds with "We aren't going to do Disney next year?" lol

Pops full at that time. I was thinking ASMovies? They are undergoing the refurbs, so the rooms should be clean! Just concerned about noise and bus crowds

Never stayed there but getting a refurbed room is always a plus! I think that's when Pop Warner is in Disney and I would think they would stay at All Star Sports so maybe Music would be less crowded. But that's a total assumption on my part. We've never had a problem with noise at any resort but we don't spend a lot of time in our room.

This November trip will be different. We'll be spending most of the time at the resort and Disney Springs. Possibly a water park. We won't be doing any of the theme parks because it's just a short stay before our Disney cruise. I think I will book some ADRs. We'll be staying at AKL so I'm not sure how inconvenient it will be to take an Uber to resorts like the Poly for O'hana or the Beach Club for a Cape May breakfast. I'll have to look into it.

That's how they always start! :D We haven't done Universal yet. Maybe next year but every time I bring it up my husband responds with "We aren't going to do Disney next year?" lol

Never stayed there but getting a refurbed room is always a plus! I think that's when Pop Warner is in Disney and I would think they would stay at All Star Sports so maybe Music would be less crowded. But that's a total assumption on my part. We've never had a problem with noise at any resort but we don't spend a lot of time in our room.

This November trip will be different. We'll be spending most of the time at the resort and Disney Springs. Possibly a water park. We won't be doing any of the theme parks because it's just a short stay before our Disney cruise. I think I will book some ADRs. We'll be staying at AKL so I'm not sure how inconvenient it will be to take an Uber to resorts like the Poly for O'hana or the Beach Club for a Cape May breakfast. I'll have to look into it.

It's an addiction that's for sure! I used to go just once every two years.. Things and people changed in my life in 2015 Nd somehow this will be my third year back in a row!.. And I'll be there next year for Star Wars land?? And if its too busy I'll go back the year after

Anyways...it's a three night stay so I feel like I might pick CBR.. I wanna try swan, but I like the convince of DME and not grabbing my luggage at the airport.

What if you did a MVMCP?
I've never ubered or lyfted... Anywheres. I'v never been let down with the Disney busses. So in my mind going from aka to beach club, I'd bus to Hollywood studios and enjoy the walk (it's a bit long) to beach club, but only cause I enjoy the walk!

Last edited:

It's an addiction that's for sure! I used to go just once every two years.. Things and people changed in my life in 2015 Nd somehow this will be my third year back in a row!.. And I'll be there next year for Star Wars land?? And it fits too busy I'll go back the year after

Anyways...it's a three night stay so I feel like I might pick CBR.. I wanna try swan, but I like the convince of DME and not grabbing my luggage at the airport.

What if you did a MVMCP?
I've never ubered or lyfted... Anywheres. I'v never been let down with the Disney busses. So in my mind going from aka to beach club, I'd bus to Hollywood studios and enjoy the walk (it's a bit long) to beach club, but only cause I enjoy the walk!

We're going in the short time between the Halloween and Christmas party. That would have been a great compromise. I was hoping to be there for the Halloween party since we've done MVMCP but I can't take the kids out of school for those extra days. I don't think I could handle the crowds of Star Wars land next year but I do want to go. I'm torn. Who am I kidding? We'll probably end up in Disney sometime during 2019.

Trip booked 11/25-12/2 at All-Star Sports. :yay:
This will be our first stay at Sports!

Welcome both of you!

Mousekeeping here!

Disney announced their Free Dining Promotion for 2018! Are you traveling between November 24-27? You may be eligible for free dining! Check the first post for more info!

Still holding out for more Candlelight Processional and general park hours info to update you guys with.

Last edited:
Is anyone subscribed to touringplans and can see what the historical crowds were for November 2017? I'm curious if data supports the low crowd projection for the week after Thanksgiving.

Mousekeeping here!

Disney announced their Free Dining Promotion for 2018! Are you traveling between November 24-27? You may be eligible for free dining! Check the first post for more info!

Still holding out for more Candlelight Processional and general park hours info to update you guys with.
I was hopeful since we arrive on the 24th, but alas the Polynesian was not included. We’re not willing to switch so now we hope for a good Room Only discount

Ughh. I've done the week after two years ago, and they were pretty good! This trip really started as a "lets go to universal and keep the price low"..... Well that ideas gone

That's exactly how we started out also! We thought, well, we'll be back next year for Star Wars, so let's just do a short trip this year... we'll do a day or two a Universal and then a couple of days at Disney. Yeah. right! :rotfl:

Is anyone subscribed to touringplans and can see what the historical crowds were for November 2017? I'm curious if data supports the low crowd projection for the week after Thanksgiving.

Not sure if I’m allowed to post this?? This is last years crowd data!

Attachments

• 70132FE2-4D8A-4EF3-AA29-662F4E17870A.jpeg
    70132FE2-4D8A-4EF3-AA29-662F4E17870A.jpeg
    57.8 KB · Views: 20

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter