*****Official October 2011 Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have yelled it for sure - rude or not. :rotfl:

Soooo, what's with the vanilla beans? Are they magic beans? :lmao: Seriously, because I love cooking and I'm always on the hunt for good vanilla and extracts of such, so if this is something I need to know about, do tell! :thumbsup2

I keep up by not working. :lmao::lmao: No, I'm on the computer all day and I have my iPhone, so for me it's being constantly connected.

Yay for the boys!!! Disney will be some great exercise for DS10's foot!

4 days!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

My sister and I do not have the best of relationships. I try hard to take the high road, but there are times where I think she does things like trying to ruin the surprise on purpose.

As for the vanilla beans....I bought some online and made my own vanilla extract. I highly recommend doing it, the beans are amazing, and the homemade extract is such amazing quality. I can PM you all the details, but to make your own extract you just take beans and add alcohol! It's 1 bean per 1/3 cup alcohol--so the bottle I did was 12 madagascar vanilla beans and 4 cups vodka. (i'm also doing mexican beans with rum).

here is what i started with:

309012_2524134222137_1216823261_3013355_117777891_n.jpg

and 2 weeks later:
313534_2561893606098_1216823261_3046479_1840683749_n.jpg

it takes 6-8 weeks but so worth it.

I am 1 day, 12 hours and 47 minutes away from disney. All pretenses of being focused on work have gone out the window. the last 2 days i've gotten to work at 7 and tomorrow will be the same. But, i will be out of here right at 5 so i can finish packing.

I'm constantly connected too, which makes it easy to keep up with both. So does having massive goal displacement:rotfl2:

Does it make a difference with the quality of liquor that you use? We have some Grey Goose at home and then some Fleischmann's. I'd rather use the cheap stuff than the good stuff, but I'd use the Goose if it will turn out better.

double post :(

Thanks Melissa! That looks awesome!

You're welcome! Let me know if you want the name of where to order the beans from.

Does it make a difference with the quality of liquor that you use? We have some Grey Goose at home and then some Fleischmann's. I'd rather use the cheap stuff than the good stuff, but I'd use the Goose if it will turn out better.

You want a decent quality vodka--just because this can least years, and you can replenish it as you use it. But, you do not need it to be a higher proof alcohol, because that will hide the vanilla flavor. So, i went with a good vodka that was lower proof then some of the better brands.

Hi..just wanted to let you all know that the facebook group has the following dismeets.
Would love to see you all there and put a face to disname :cutie:
10/24: Epcot 11 am dismeet @ Norway ship
10/24: MK 10 pm dismeet @ Aloha Isle dole whip stand
10/27: Epcot 11 am @ Club Cool

Congrats to all of you that have managed to keep it a secret. I would have been furious at that attendance lady!! My DD is only 3, so while I haven't told her, I don't exactly think it's a secret. I didn't tell her because she has no concept of time and she would just torture me daily, lol. So we haven't told her and when we get to the airport we're going to tell her we are going to visit friends and still are not telling her. We're just going to wait for her to see it all :)

Would you believe that we leave early Sat. morning and I have not packed one thing? Haven't even gotten out the suitcases. The only thing I did was make sure I found all the documents (luggage tags, flight info., hotel confirmation, etc.) but NOTHING else. I have been so busy at work I haven't had 5 minutes. Worked till really late the past two nights and tonight I am just exhausted. I think I'll get the stuff all out tomorrow and put it in the suitcases on Friday night after I do one last load of laundry, nothing like waiting until the last minute!!!

I hope you all have a fabulous time!!!

Congrats to all of you that have managed to keep it a secret. I would have been furious at that attendance lady!! My DD is only 3, so while I haven't told her, I don't exactly think it's a secret. I didn't tell her because she has no concept of time and she would just torture me daily, lol. So we haven't told her and when we get to the airport we're going to tell her we are going to visit friends and still are not telling her. We're just going to wait for her to see it all :)

Would you believe that we leave early Sat. morning and I have not packed one thing? Haven't even gotten out the suitcases. The only thing I did was make sure I found all the documents (luggage tags, flight info., hotel confirmation, etc.) but NOTHING else. I have been so busy at work I haven't had 5 minutes. Worked till really late the past two nights and tonight I am just exhausted. I think I'll get the stuff all out tomorrow and put it in the suitcases on Friday night after I do one last load of laundry, nothing like waiting until the last minute!!!

A cold front moved in. While it's probably not cold for northerners, it is feeling much less humid. It was in the 70's today. Will be back in the 80's by Saturday.

A cold front moved in. While it's probably not cold for northerners, it is feeling much less humid. It was in the 70's today. Will be back in the 80's by Saturday.

For a northener, I get cold VERY easy. Will I need sweatshirts and long pants for the evenings?:confused:

Ok, so I packed. Unpacked, added and removed stuff. Packed again. Added more stuff. Charging all the electronics currently.

Come on Friday!!! :wizard:

I'm always on the computer, so it's not that hard!

Me too, so keeping up is not to difficult for me either.

So the same plane/route/time that went out today that we are traveling tomorrow was delayed by 3 hours. ugg I seriously hope ours isn't delayed tomorrow. We're just about packed and going to head to bed soon. Tomorrow we will be at Disney!! :woohoo:

We leave Friday bright and early, and I only started packing this past Sunday. I am 90% finished now. Tomorrow i am putting my daughter to bed early and cranking through the rest of the to do list

Ok, so I packed. Unpacked, added and removed stuff. Packed again. Added more stuff. Charging all the electronics currently.

This sounds like me last night. And, tonight JP finally packed, which meant he unpacked everything I packed last night and then re-packed.

We are weighing our suitcase now, and charging are electronics too. Tomorrow night I will pack Zoey's backpack with her "We are going to Disney" surprises. Then I just need to do our personal bags and hopefully get to bed by 10.:rotfl2:

Me too, so keeping up is not to difficult for me either.

So the same plane/route/time that went out today that we are traveling tomorrow was delayed by 3 hours. ugg I seriously hope ours isn't delayed tomorrow. We're just about packed and going to head to bed soon. Tomorrow we will be at Disney!! :woohoo:

Have a great flight Becky! When do you leave for the airport?

Ok - I keep reading about you guys packing, unpacking, and repacking....now I'm nervous.....so guess what I'll be doing tomorrow???:rotfl:

Hello! Reporting from WDW now! I've been up an hour and just waiting on DH and DS to wake up. We have had a wonderful trip so far. It is in the 50's here now, but all the other days have been beautiful and warm (got here Sunday.) We attended MNSSHP on Tuesday. It looked like it was going to rain, so we tried to exchange our tickets for tonights party, but it is sold out. I guess everyone had the same idea. Turns out that Tuesday had a very light drizzle most of the party, but we didn't even pull out the ponchos! In fact, it made the party nearly empty! We arrived an hour late (due to not being able to exchange tickets and having to go back for our costumes after dinner) and were still able to do nearly everything on the list. We waited until after the fireworks to get in line for the dwarfs and the line was only 20 min...longest line of the night! I got a ton of compliments on my costume. Many cast members made a point to stop what they were doing to tell me it was "most creative" or the only Wii they've ever seen.

All of our meals have been excellent! The characters have been great and the food has been good! Some have recognized our special occasions (our anniversary and DS's 1st trip). We have gotten signed cards, a signed picture, and cupcakes (for breakfast!) So glad we decided to use the DDP!

For those asking about the weather, it isn't bad. Tonight and tomorrow lows in the 50's, but the high will be low 70's, then it will go back up. Jeans and long sleeves for the next couple days if you are a cold person.

Here is a picture of us at MNSSHP! Have a magical day, everyone!:wizard:

69070cfc.jpg

Hello! Reporting from WDW now! I've been up an hour and just waiting on DH and DS to wake up. We have had a wonderful trip so far. It is in the 50's here now, but all the other days have been beautiful and warm (got here Sunday.) We attended MNSSHP on Tuesday. It looked like it was going to rain, so we tried to exchange our tickets for tonights party, but it is sold out. I guess everyone had the same idea. Turns out that Tuesday had a very light drizzle most of the party, but we didn't even pull out the ponchos! In fact, it made the party nearly empty! We arrived an hour late (due to not being able to exchange tickets and having to go back for our costumes after dinner) and were still able to do nearly everything on the list. We waited until after the fireworks to get in line for the dwarfs and the line was only 20 min...longest line of the night! I got a ton of compliments on my costume. Many cast members made a point to stop what they were doing to tell me it was "most creative" or the only Wii they've ever seen.

All of our meals have been excellent! The characters have been great and the food has been good! Some have recognized our special occasions (our anniversary and DS's 1st trip). We have gotten signed cards, a signed picture, and cupcakes (for breakfast!) So glad we decided to use the DDP!

For those asking about the weather, it isn't bad. Tonight and tomorrow lows in the 50's, but the high will be low 70's, then it will go back up. Jeans and long sleeves for the next couple days if you are a cold person.

Here is a picture of us at MNSSHP! Have a magical day, everyone!:wizard:

69070cfc.jpg

Thank you for the "live report":dance3: Seems the weather is looking good for this coming week. Going to add some long sleeves shirt and a thicker sweater to my luggage. Your costumes look awesome:wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter