*****Official October 2011 Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be staying at Coronado Springs 10/10-10/15! Me (22, turning 23 while we are there! :cake: ), DM (55), DD (60). Put the trip together since my parents have never been to Disney. They are so excited! :thumbsup2

Thanks for starting the new thread! We'll be in a studio at the Boardwalk Villas from Sunday, Oct. 2nd through Friday, Oct. 7th. F & W Festival(and lamb sliders) here we come! :worship: :thumbsup2

Me too, me too!!! We are 1st timers!!! There will be four of us: DS3, DD10, DH and me. We leave on October 14 (my birthday) and come home on the 22. Here's our plan. Being from CA, we are having a day to fly in and a day to fly out, 6 full days in the parks, MNSSHP on a day that we are not going to the parks. Our hotel? Port Orleans French Quarter.

By the time October rolls around, I will have hopfully dropped at least 40lbs. The goal is 60lbs.

We aren't new to Disney, we go to DL every year. From what I hear, WDW is a bit different.:thumbsup2 We are so excited, October can't get here fast enough!!!

Just an update, having internet/computer issues. Working on it thanks to my dear brother in law. :surfweb: I have temporary internet for a few minutes, still working on the problem. Will add the newbies when it gets fixed. And Welcome to the thread. :)

We will be staying at POFQ from September 29 (our anniversary :lovestruc) - October 8. 10 days in Disney! Yay! It will be DH, DS, and I. We are meeting my MIL and neice down there. It will be their first time. So excited to give them a glimpse into my World.

Hey, October travelers!

DH and I decided to take a leap of faith, and switched out our usual September/Labor Day trip for some (hopefully) cooler temps at the end of October. At first, I was a little nervous about giving up the practically empty parks of September, but my research on the DISboards has reassured me that the crowds won't be too bad, even with MNSSHP and F&W going on.

Our dates are Oct. 23-29 and we'll be staying at the BC for the first time in 9 years. So excited!

Looking forward to being a part of this thread, and to counting down to the fun for the next few months.... :teacher:

Hello Everyone,

My first post on this site

My family and I will be at DisneyWorld for the frist time from October 19 - 27. We are so excited. We live only a few miles from Disneyland in CA and we have passes, but this will be the first time at WDW. We had a group discount deal $500 per person for 5 day tickets, and a choice of water park, Disney Quest, ESPN complex, or a round at the golf course. We are going to choose one of the water parks. This includes 8 days at the All Star Movie hotel. Has anyone stayted at that hotel? We wanted to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, but since it was a group buy we had to go with the hotel that was offered. So, is this a good deal? Anyway, this is a very cool site and a lot of cool people here.

Fun, an Oct. planning thread... subscribing!!

We'll be at WDW from Oct. 9 - 14, staying at CBR.

It'll be myself (Heather), DH, DD2, mom, dad, brother & brother's girlfriend.

Last time DH & I were at WDW was 2002 for our honeymoon. This will be the first trip for DD and for my brother's girlfriend (she's from way far north in Canada).

Hello All -

I am going to hop onto your thread even though only 2 of our days is in Oct as of now. It will be just me and DH staying at Beach Club Villas from Sept 25-Oct 2.Hopeing to either add a day or two in Oct or perhaps change our trip to end of October pending getting a pin# or public discount.

Hi - I would like to join in! This will be our second family trip to WDW. We have three kids (5,4,2) We are going October 23-30, we are staying at the poly. We are very excited! We are going with another family that has one 6 yr old that has never been before so it will be fun to show them around! We might also be going to MNNSHP since our kids will prb miss out on our neighborhood trick or treat night.

Let the countdown begin!!!!!!!!!

Computers and internet issues are fixed!!!! :banana::banana::banana: Had to work today, just got home, gonna hit the shower, eat dinner, then get back on to add all the newbies to the list. Welcome All to the thread! :) If you are going to MNSSHP for the first time, you will love it! This will be our second time going. We had so much fun the first time we went. Now, off to the shower.

Not sure if we're going to do MNSSHP. :confused3

DD will be 2.5 and though I know she'd like it, she's usually in bed by 8 p.m. Sure, it's vacation and she'll stay up later than usual but I just don't think she'll be able to last long enough to make the cost of the tickets worth it for us.

But I'm waffling because I TOTALLY want to go!!

Not sure if we're going to do MNSSHP. :confused3

DD will be 2.5 and though I know she'd like it, she's usually in bed by 8 p.m. Sure, it's vacation and she'll stay up later than usual but I just don't think she'll be able to last long enough to make the cost of the tickets worth it for us.

But I'm waffling because I TOTALLY want to go!!

Your 2.5 will be free. I'm planning on doing the party with a 3.5 and an almost 11. We will be doing the party on a day we are not going to the parks. We'll be able to sleep in, play in the pool, maybe DH and 3.5 can go fishing. Then get all dolled up for the party. since they let us in at 4 and the party goes to midnight, thats 8 hours of super light crowds, fantastic fireworks (I've heard/seen on youtube), and a brilliant parade (again, from what I've heard/seen on youtube). Unless you're going to be able to go to the world again soon, I'ld say go for it. For us, it'll be at leat 5 years before we will be able to go again. This will be our first trip.

DH and I have been talking about MNSSHP and he's still on the fence. How often do you get to go trick or treating in MK!!!! The price of the tickets scares him but we're going, I've already decided for him. :laughing:

I really wish I could lock in the week in October we are going. I'm waiting for Disney to release some discounts so I can decide but I have a feeling I'm going to be waiting a while. :sad2:

When will the tix for MNSSHP go on sale?
Also Can we book ADRs 6 months in advance? Last trip I didn't book them early enough and didn't get some of my first choices.

When will the tix for MNSSHP go on sale?
Also Can we book ADRs 6 months in advance? Last trip I didn't book them early enough and didn't get some of my first choices.

Yes you can book ADRs 6 months in advance again. I can't remember when the MNSSHP tickets go on sale. HTH.

Updates are complete! :cool1: I apologize to all the newbies for taking so long to get you on the list. I have had alot of issues with my computer and internet that I almost did this :badpc: Then I got sick:sick:, I'm feeling a little better.

Again, if you have not been welcomed to the thread, here is your welcome: :welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter