*****Official October 2011 Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you interested, I have MNSSHP info and pics in my 2009 TR! We went both times we went to WDW (well, my dd and I went twice) and LOVED it! We'll go again this year as well! If any of you are doing a PTR for this trip, let me know, I would love to follow you! I have one going...what can I say, I'm a planning fanatic! :laughing:

We're sneaking in on FD from Sept. 29th-October 6th, like many people...problem is, I didn't book before when I should have, so now I'm stuck waiting to see if they'll release to the public!! :eek: Either way, we can go, I'll do homeschool tickets and have a 35% pin, but it's still cheaper for us to do FD! Oh, we'll be at POR! Never done a mod before, just once at Pop and once offsite with ILs!

I'm in! We're (Myself, DP, DS 7, and DD 6) staying at CR from October 3-8th! Looking forward to F&W festival again...and possibly MNSSHP...but I'm on the fence. The kids will definitely be going with Grammy even if we don't go.

This is our first time staying at CR and I'm super stoked! We got a 40% off pin and decided to go for a TPV room! :banana::banana: I keep saying that I worry that Disney might not stay as magical for the kids as it is at this age...of course I don't know what my excuse will be when it still is when they're much, much older!

I actually dreamed last night that we were at Disney...I think I might be slightly obsessed :)

I'm in! We're (Myself, DP, DS 7, and DD 6) staying at CR from October 3-8th! Looking forward to F&W festival again...and possibly MNSSHP...but I'm on the fence. The kids will definitely be going with Grammy even if we don't go.

This is our first time staying at CR and I'm super stoked! We got a 40% off pin and decided to go for a TPV room! :banana::banana: I keep saying that I worry that Disney might not stay as magical for the kids as it is at this age...of course I don't know what my excuse will be when it still is when they're much, much older!

I actually dreamed last night that we were at Disney...I think I might be slightly obsessed :)

I'll be anxious to hear about your stay at CR - we'll be at BLT just a couple of weeks later!:woohoo:

We experienced the F&W Festival last year and absolutley LOVED IT! Can't wait to do it again.:yay:

And as far as Disney becoming less Magical as the kids get older - I say "No Worries!"..... "Hakuna Matata!".....
My 3 boys will be 13, 10 and 10 for our upcoming trip this October and they are STILL super-excited about it. Just like their mom - they like to discuss, dream and help plan our upcoming trip nearly every day.:thumbsup2

I've booked Wilderness Lodge for Oct 6th-11th to celebrate my 40th bday! Joining me will be my DM and DS. Our first Deluxe stay! :cool1:

I've booked Wilderness Lodge for Oct 6th-11th to celebrate my 40th bday! Joining me will be my DM and DS. Our first Deluxe stay! :cool1:

I turned 40 at Disney too! I think it's a popular place for that milestone birthday because there were numerous threads on here about "Turning 40 at WDW!".:goodvibes

We stayed at the GF that trip and my birthday dinner was at Narcoossees!:cake:

Karen - I enojoyed looking at your MNNSHP pics! It really makes me want to go now!:yay:

Thanks! We're looking forward to it again as well and my oldest son and DH haven't been as they were sick in 2009 when we went. The parade is my favorite parade ever!! :goodvibes

Why is time going by so slowly?!?!?:sad2:

I still have 250 days to go and I pretty much have all our plans already made! Now I'm just waiting for our 180-day mark to make ADRS......C'mon calendar - speed up!:laughing:

Once again, I am behind! :lmao: Anyway,:welcome: to all the newbies to the thread. :jumping1: I will get you all on the list soon. Now to business, I am having surgery in the morning :eek:. Apparently, I have kidney stones in both kidneys, whoever said that the pain from kidney stones is just like labor pains LIED!!!! It is sooooooo much worse. I just took some heavy duty pain pill, so I am going to go back to bed. :tinker:Wishing you all a great week, and I will post again soon.

Shannon - I hope you recover soon! My DH had kidney stones and said it's terrible. My Dad actuall has a huge one that he needs to haev surgery to remove but he keeps putting it off. He swears by drinking lemon juice everyday to dissolve the stone.
Keep thinking about being in Disney to keep yoru spirits up! :-)

Shannon, I hope everything goes well tomorrow!!

Tick-Tock-Tick-Tock.....
Why is time going by so slowly?!?!?

I still have 250 days to go and I pretty much have all our plans already made! Now I'm just waiting for our 180-day mark to make ADRS......C'mon calendar - speed up!

I know what you mean! I have everything planned and ready! We usually do Disney movie days to keep ourselves busy and keep me planning at least something Disney related! (well, and to have something new to put in my PTR every so often!) :laughing:

I turned 40 at Disney too! I think it's a popular place for that milestone birthday because there were numerous threads on here about "Turning 40 at WDW!".:goodvibes

We stayed at the GF that trip and my birthday dinner was at Narcoossees!:cake:

The Magic Kingdom turns 40 on October 1st so I knew that was where I would turn 40 also!
My bday breakfast is at Boma! We check out that day then head to DTD for some shopping!:cool1:

Shannon, I hope everything goes well tomorrow!!

I know what you mean! I have everything planned and ready! We usually do Disney movie days to keep ourselves busy and keep me planning at least something Disney related! (well, and to have something new to put in my PTR every so often!) :laughing:

Did you catch the show on the Travel Channel last Saturday? "Best Places I've Ever Been: Disney Memories".
We recorded it and watched it as a family on Sunday night!:cloud9:

It will air again on Friday 2/18, Saturday 2/26, and Monday 3/7.:thumbsup2

Count us in! We'll be there 9/30 - 10/8 at Boardwalk Inn. Looking forward to MNSSHP and EPCOT F&W Festival!!!

Did you catch the show on the Travel Channel last Saturday? "Best Places I've Ever Been: Disney Memories".

Yep, we watched it! :thumbsup2

I have a couple of "October" questions for the more experienced "DISers"

It will be our first trip :yay: and we will be staying @POP, arriving Tuesday, Oct. 11th, noon, checking out Monday Oct. 17th morning.

1) Both water parks will be open in October?

According to the DIS Park hours, in Oct. 2010 they were both open in Oct from 9 to 5.

Although I was looking at:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/blizzard/blizzard.htm

and it says: "From October through March, only one water park will be open at a time." but I think it is from November, not October... :confused3

2) How crowded are usually the water parks during that time in October?

Our "planned" schedule is to go to the Water Parks, Friday and Saturday from 3pm to close time (5pm).

I know, it will be on a weekend and we must expect some higher level of crowds, but I want to have a general idea compared to the Summer time, like half the people than in July or 3/4 the people, etc. I think it was good a good idea to book after Columbus Day weekend...

If the temperature is around 85 °F (29 °C) :worship: it would be great to be at a water park! Although I am not sure about the temperature values... I was checking some stats about it...

Any thoughts about my questions?

:thanks:

Count us in for Oct 1-8. Really hoping for free dining, but we'll see. If we can get FD, we will stay at Carribbean Beach in a Pirate Room; if not, we'll be staying at Pop (already booked with a 35% off code).

Super excited to be there for F&W, b/c we have never done that before. Any tips for the best experience of F&W with kids would be appreciated!

Once again, I am behind! :lmao: Anyway,:welcome: to all the newbies to the thread. :jumping1: I will get you all on the list soon. Now to business, I am having surgery in the morning :eek:. Apparently, I have kidney stones in both kidneys, whoever said that the pain from kidney stones is just like labor pains LIED!!!! It is sooooooo much worse. I just took some heavy duty pain pill, so I am going to go back to bed. :tinker:Wishing you all a great week, and I will post again soon.
Best wishes for everything to go well! :goodvibes My DH has had a couple bouts with them but luckily not serious enough to require surgery.

I completely forgot to set my DVR for it so thanks for posting the future air dates! :thumbsup2
I have a couple of "October" questions for the more experienced "DISers"

It will be our first trip :yay: and we will be staying @POP, arriving Tuesday, Oct. 11th, noon, checking out Monday Oct. 17th morning.

1) Both water parks will be open in October?

According to the DIS Park hours, in Oct. 2010 they were both open in Oct from 9 to 5.

Although I was looking at:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/blizzard/blizzard.htm

and it says: "From October through March, only one water park will be open at a time." but I think it is from November, not October... :confused3

2) How crowded are usually the water parks during that time in October?

Our "planned" schedule is to go to the Water Parks, Friday and Saturday from 3pm to close time (5pm).

I know, it will be on a weekend and we must expect some higher level of crowds, but I want to have a general idea compared to the Summer time, like half the people than in July or 3/4 the people, etc. I think it was good a good idea to book after Columbus Day weekend...

If the temperature is around 85 °F (29 °C) :worship: it would be great to be at a water park! Although I am not sure about the temperature values... I was checking some stats about it...

Any thoughts about my questions?

:thanks:
We went to the water parks in October of 2004 and it was definitely warm enough for them. Both of them were open and I don't think they were nearly as crowded as they are in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter