***Official October 2023 Thread***

Checking out today. We had a great time. Parks seemed super crowded and in my opinion Genie+ is horrible! Getting up 6:50 every morning on vacation to try and book rides is ridiculous. Then getting on it all day to book more rides, fiddle faddle times and cross cross the park for rides. I prefer the old fast pass system.

I have returned from our trip and we had fun. It was definitely different than what we originally planned but that was to be expected. Rides going down, kiddo choosing to sleep in late our first day since we were exhausted and I had no idea that Orange County kids had the day off school until I overheard someone say it when waiting for the bus, so we went when they had a 3 day weekend. We didn't really have a choice in dates since we were going for my son's birthday which happened to be that same Monday. It explained a few things though.

It was crowded but not so crowded you couldn't move. However, most of my vacations are in July so this seemed normal to me. I just felt bad that I am such the clueless tourist that I know I walked right behind some Photopass photographers because frankly, I just didn't see them there until I had already done it (there were a lot out, so it would have been hard to avoid it 100%).

I will be doing a trip report with all the nitty gritty but I will say I definitely like my 7 day vacations vs. this cram everything in 3-4 days version better.

I have returned from our trip and we had fun. It was definitely different than what we originally planned but that was to be expected. Rides going down, kiddo choosing to sleep in late our first day since we were exhausted and I had no idea that Orange County kids had the day off school until I overheard someone say it when waiting for the bus, so we went when they had a 3 day weekend. We didn't really have a choice in dates since we were going for my son's birthday which happened to be that same Monday. It explained a few things though.

It was crowded but not so crowded you couldn't move. However, most of my vacations are in July so this seemed normal to me. I just felt bad that I am such the clueless tourist that I know I walked right behind some Photopass photographers because frankly, I just didn't see them there until I had already done it (there were a lot out, so it would have been hard to avoid it 100%).

I will be doing a trip report with all the nitty gritty but I will say I definitely like my 7 day vacations vs. this cram everything in 3-4 days version better.
I agree on the preference for the longer stay! I'm already tentatively planning our next week-long trip after this weekend (even though the weekend trip was fun! But I'm still recovering from it, it felt so go-go-go!)

I agree on the preference for the longer stay! I'm already tentatively planning our next week-long trip after this weekend (even though the weekend trip was fun! But I'm still recovering from it, it felt so go-go-go!)
Most definitely! We got home Tuesday afternoon and it wasn't until this morning that I finally didn't feel brain fog/exhaustion but my feet still hurt for sure! I missed having a relaxing day in the middle. We were basically exhausted the entire trip from the go go go and yes I agree, it was fun, so not complaining about that but probably should have taken our plans & cut it in half. LOL! And I thought it was not that ambitious to start with since my son doesn't like coasters so we didn't even have to deal with those.

We are checking out today after our first family trip. Y’all, how do you handle this feeling on a regular basis!?

We are checking out today after our first family trip. Y’all, how do you handle this feeling on a regular basis!?
I am planning 2 trips in 2025! One with my extended family and one with my friend who has never been. I need to take 2024 off to save up (plus let all the big changes happen and see how it gets tweaked for 2025! LOL).

I am planning 2 trips in 2025! One with my extended family and one with my friend who has never been. I need to take 2024 off to save up (plus let all the big changes happen and see how it gets tweaked for 2025! LOL).
Right now we’re looking for a short 2 or 3 night trip and I’m trying to figure out if renting DVC points or using the bounce back offer is more cost effective for a family of 6. We can’t wait to get back!

Start planning your next trip, look at Christmas Party blogs; cruise ports?. Take photos with AR lenses while in the bus. Munch on candies that you were going to take back for souvenirs.
Sadly I don't get to plan another until 2025 :(

2024 is reserved for moving back home to Alaska... which I'm also very happy about :)

We plan on starting a bit late from
Art of Animation (around noon) so we might be able to catch a glimpse of the thunderbirds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter