***Official September 2020 Thread***

By fingers crossed, I meant that our September trips are still on. Why can't people go to the "trip planning forum" and be excited about planning their trip? Why did you have to be condescending? Who am I not giving slack? There are threads that are all over mask, vaccines, opinions on WDW opening etc. Why does it have to brought into EVERY SINGLE THREAD??

I can't see any real updates or rumors about reopening unless I scroll through 5 or more pages of peoples opinions on masks.

I don't know how you can discern my "tone" by a text but my intention was to keep the "trip planning forum" for September 2020 to planning and such.

Again, fingers crossed for all of us for September.

Unfortunately this is something that could make a huge impact on our holidays, so it will affect the planning. For some people it's a big enough deal that they'll cancel their holiday if they're required.

Ugh! 9:40?! That's past my bedtime! LOL I've never had any luck with those TP alerts. But, then again, I haven't used it since 2017, either. Maybe they've fine tuned it since then. That's awesome that you got it! Hopefully something earlier opens up for you. Will TP still alert you if something earlier opens up even though you've already booked something?

Although the UT Reservation finder is great, I'd still recommend checking for reservations yourself as well as they only check a few times a day (at least on my last trip). Especially if it's one that's really important for you to get.

Yep! I went to DisneyLand a few times when I was younger because we used to live in WA state. The last time I've stepped foot in a park, the Angels won the World Series. I remember standing in front of California Adventure and taking a picture with a red "A" to celebrate the Angels.

It's been quite some time! The parks have changed A LOT.

I may just order the Twilight Feast for 2 (There will be 3 of us). The reviews have been positive.
Yes everyone I know who has gotten the Twilight Feast has been happy with it and said it's A LOT of food, so it should definitely be enough. I still think there's a good chance you'll find an earlier reservation time before the trip though :)

With everything being the way it is, what do you guys think our chances are for discounts for the second half of September? I bought a ton of gift cards on black Friday to pay off our trip and they're sitting there burning a hole in my pocket 🔥

I'm holding off on paying off our trip because if discounts do come out then, I don't want to worry about it going back to the gift card.

Currently, our package is booked with the QSDP but if FD isn't offered (still hoping it is) then i would rake it off and just pay OOP.

My future DH says it doesn't matter if we get a discount or not, we're still going for our honeymoon so at least I don't have to worry aboit that part...i just want to know if i can pay it off right now lol

We made the decision to cancel our Sept trip, along with the following ADR's if anyone wants to see if they are still available. All are for party of 5:

9/17 - Via Napoli 6:15
9/18- Plaza 6:00
9/19 - O'Hana 6:50
9/20 - Yak and Yeti 11:15
9/21 - Sci Fi 12:35

Just too much uncertainty for us right now so we are just getting a beach house instead! And planning for WDW 2021. Hope you all have a great September visit!

With everything being the way it is, what do you guys think our chances are for discounts for the second half of September? I bought a ton of gift cards on black Friday to pay off our trip and they're sitting there burning a hole in my pocket 🔥

I'm holding off on paying off our trip because if discounts do come out then, I don't want to worry about it going back to the gift card.

Currently, our package is booked with the QSDP but if FD isn't offered (still hoping it is) then i would rake it off and just pay OOP.

My future DH says it doesn't matter if we get a discount or not, we're still going for our honeymoon so at least I don't have to worry aboit that part...i just want to know if i can pay it off right now lol

Here's my thought on it. I don't want to be Negative Nellie, but I wouldn't plan on it. Here's why. I'd be willing to bet they're still doing some kind of restricting of crowds then (assuming they do at all) similar to Disney Springs. Offering FD would be counter intuitive to that way of thinking. Not to mention, you can see it on this thread, all of the April/May/June cancellations already rescheduling for September. There won't be a need to attract guests even if they don't restrict crowd levels. I'm sure that's not what you want to hear.

As I said, that's only my opinion. I'd be interested to see a counter argument to that for why they would offer FD.

Well we are out. As soon as 2021 packages open we are moving our dates to March. I just don't think they will have enough stuff lifted in less than 2 months to pay that much money to go. I'm sad but i just don't want to waste my money on the trip.

Here's my thought on it. I don't want to be Negative Nellie, but I wouldn't plan on it. Here's why. I'd be willing to bet they're still doing some kind of restricting of crowds then (assuming they do at all) similar to Disney Springs. Offering FD would be counter intuitive to that way of thinking. Not to mention, you can see it on this thread, all of the April/May/June cancellations already rescheduling for September. There won't be a need to attract guests even if they don't restrict crowd levels. I'm sure that's not what you want to hear.

As I said, that's only my opinion. I'd be interested to see a counter argument to that for why they would offer FD.

This is what I was thinking, and it makes sense.

Well we are out. As soon as 2021 packages open we are moving our dates to March. I just don't think they will have enough stuff lifted in less than 2 months to pay that much money to go. I'm sad but i just don't want to waste my money on the trip.

For what it's worth, since there are so many already doing what you're doing, we've already started a September 2021 happy dance thread. https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-september-2021-thread
Look at it this way - you've just got that much more time to be excited about your trip! :jumping1: I can't speak for anyone else, but I've already made my reservations. You said "as soon as 2021 packages open up". You can't reserve tickets, but you can make resort reservations 499 days in advance.

For what it's worth, since there are so many already doing what you're doing, we've already started a September 2021 happy dance thread. https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-september-2021-thread
Look at it this way - you've just got that much more time to be excited about your trip! :jumping1: I can't speak for anyone else, but I've already made my reservations. You said "as soon as 2021 packages open up". You can't reserve tickets, but you can make resort reservations 499 days in advance.

I know but then i have to call and then add tickets lol. I would just rather do it all at one time. The plus side is my trip is paid for it's just waiting for a time to go and moving things around.

I'm so torn! It's a second trip for our family and we'd already said this one would be less about characters for us (we did LOTS of characters when we went 2 years ago). We likely won't go again for many years, so I'm tempted to reschedule until we can get the 'full' experience.
But my husband's biggest thing is lowest crowds possible, he loathes long lines. Wondering if this is a way we could experience Disney with lowest possible crowds. Though without other experiences to 'eat people', maybe ride lines will be just as bad or worse?
But if we reschedule, reschedule for when? I feel like all of 2021 is going to be at bad holiday level crowds for a long time :(

I am still happily planning Sept 24-30th! Counting down and very excited! yes things may be different but we just want to be there! SO happy they announced reopening dates! anyone else still going THIS Sept? Or have most cancelled and rebooked for a later date? I am stalking DVC to see if any other resort opens up if we want to swap AKV Jambo house.... May check ADRS to see what else may be open that we want that we don't already have. Happy planning to those who are coming!

I am still happily planning Sept 24-30th! Counting down and very excited! yes things may be different but we just want to be there! SO happy they announced reopening dates! anyone else still going THIS Sept? Or have most cancelled and rebooked for a later date? I am stalking DVC to see if any other resort opens up if we want to swap AKV Jambo house.... May check ADRS to see what else may be open that we want that we don't already have. Happy planning to those who are coming!
We are booked at POR for September 27-October 4. Dining reservations are done. I have only paid the $200 deposit plus prepaid the dine in the sky thing. I was hoping for free dining or room discount, but have given up on that. I will make my decision at the 30 day mark. We won’t go with masks and no parades etc. The reason I booked sept was lower crowds and F&W at EPCOT. Good luck with the DVC hunt!

I agree with others, no discounts this year (or next). With all the closures, many businesses will be trying to recoup losses. I see it already with places in my area. I will go on my trip even with no discounts, but not with the restrictions that will be in place when they open.
BTW, my wife and I honeymooned in Disney in 1996, it was great! We have taken our now college age kids twice and this will be our second trip (if we go) without them. Although I’d like to take them one more time, not this year! Enjoy!

Still going 12-21 at Poly. We will make the best of it. 😁

We are currently scheduled for a mid September. We are going to ride the wave and see how things go up until our final payment and make more decisions at that point. It's an adult-only trip so fireworks, character experience and playgrounds are not a big deal to us. The mask, oh boy, that could be a big one in the Florida heat but no decisions will be made just yet.

We have reservations for 9/24-10/4 as well at GDT. Right now we're in a wait and see holding pattern. We were supposed to go on a cruise this coming Sunday that obviously is not happening, so I'm crossing my fingers that Disney is 'more normal' by that point. We have a bit of time to see on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter