Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

#1 what category GTY cabin did you book? 7A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 7A 7128
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 120
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy but needed a HC, none available
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder Panama Canal
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime between 130-3p ET
9. What month is your cruise? February

Jealous you're assigned already!!! I'm on the 2/17 Wonder 4-night and still waiting on my assignment!!

Not sure if I should read anything into the fact that I just looked at my Feb 17 Wonder reservation and it has gone from saying Stateroom GTY to just Stateroom... Maybe they're in process of assigning??

Or (more likely) it's probably the system being the glitchy system.

ETA: Apparently the latter. It's back to Stateroom GTY. Whomp, whomp.

Anyone gotten any GTY room assignments recently?

I keep thinking I am about to get one for the 2/17 Wonder Cruise - I will look and it has gone from “Stateroom GTY” to “Stateroom”, but when I go back later it is back to “Ststeroom GTY”. Aargh!!!

I keep thinking I am about to get one for the 2/17 Wonder Cruise - I will look and it has gone from “Stateroom GTY” to “Stateroom”, but when I go back later it is back to “Ststeroom GTY”. Aargh!!!
Our cruise is January 12, so I’m thinking we will get our room assignment the week of Thanksgiving. What category are you, we are 5E.

Our cruise is January 12, so I’m thinking we will get our room assignment the week of Thanksgiving. What category are you, we are 5E.

9C.

I started looking when someone reported they got theirs for the WBPC which is after mine. (And yours.)

I’ve done GTY several times and it’s always around the 50/60 day mark. I once got one around 80 days out.

Yeah, I've done it before and it was closer to sailing. I just got hopeful when I saw WBPC already assigned.

Question... Can you order gifts and amenities - like the Rainforest Room pass - before you know your cabin number?

#1 what category GTY cabin did you book? 9C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C 2628
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? Upgraded from 11A assigned room to 9C GTY at 18 days prior to sailing. Room assigned 16 days prior to sailing.
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It's fine. I've stayed in 2616 by choice.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 4 pm EST
9. What month is your cruise? December

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E 9170
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 58 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Got what I paid for!
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
9. What month is your cruise? January

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT x2
#2. What category and room # did you get? 4E 5026 & 5028
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? excited for location and extended verandah. Not excited my boys have to share a bed and my teen gets to sleep on the couch bed. Family of 6, rooms sleep 3 each. It will be fine, but I would have preferred one of the rooms to have the pullman bed. First priority was connecting, as we got it, so I won't whine. haha!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? connecting
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? not sure, checked at 11:30am and it was there.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT x2
#2. What category and room # did you get? 4E 5026 & 5028
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? excited for location and extended verandah. Not excited my boys have to share a bed and my teen gets to sleep on the couch bed. Family of 6, rooms sleep 3 each. It will be fine, but I would have preferred one of the rooms to have the pullman bed. First priority was connecting, as we got it, so I won't whine. haha!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? connecting
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? not sure, checked at 11:30am and it was there.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/l...vgt-assignments.2919036/page-78#post-59202709

That is the thread for *GT. This thread is for GTY - where you select a more narrow category like 9C GTY at a prevailing price rather than the broad I/O/VGT at a discounted rate PIF at the time of booking.

#1 what category GTY cabin did you book? IGT
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11A 9087
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 6
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It's a great location. It is a 4 night cruise and we wanted to try an inside for the virtual porthole. Love the location! I don't feel it was a 'leftover'. Was hoping for a split bathroom, but again, we don't care much for this cruise. Price was good, only 4 nights! Don't plan on being in there much!
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? About 11am EST is my best guess. I woke up at 8am (PST) and it was there!

#1 what category GTY cabin did you book? IGT
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11A 9087
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 6
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It's a great location. It is a 4 night cruise and we wanted to try an inside for the virtual porthole. Love the location! I don't feel it was a 'leftover'. Was hoping for a split bathroom, but again, we don't care much for this cruise. Price was good, only 4 nights! Don't plan on being in there much!
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? About 11am EST is my best guess. I woke up at 8am (PST) and it was there!

Again, this is GTY where a specific category but not cabin was reserved.

You want the *GT thread - where you book a general type (I, O, V) but not category. That is here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/l...vgt-assignments.2919036/page-78#post-59202709

AARGH!!! Another Feb *GT cruiser has reported in with a cabin!!! I thought GTYs were usually assigned first!!!! :( Still waiting for 2/17. 67 days...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter