***OI Meetup*** November 19-20, 2021

heading to airport in about 2 hours........now, I'm sitting around bored since I'm completely ready...LOL

safe travels to you all!!!
Can't wait to enjoy my 1st trip to Universal.......have Fri & Sat Meet Ups, and Sun the Holiday Tour!!! I think I've got it all covered!!!

We are in Valdosta for the night, leaving early tomorrow for the rest of our trek! Did you all see the next meetup dates are June 3 and 4?? We were already planning on coming around then anyway for another use of our AP's before they expire, so ya know we are probably hitting the next meetup as well! :D :D :D :D

Want a head start in securing your 2022 Orlando Informer Meetup tickets? You've got it.

As you probably know, recent Orlando Informer Meetup weekends have sold out in as little as three hours – so we're excited to give our valued OI Meetup guests the opportunity to get ahead of the next on-sale rush! Because you're attending this winter's OI Meetup at Universal Orlando Resort, you've unlocked early access to purchase tickets for our June 3-4 weekend.

Be sure to visit one of this winter's Orlando Informer Meetup hospitality tables between 8:00 pm - 12:00 am on Friday or 9:00 pm - 1:00 am on Saturday to secure your spot before tickets go on sale to the public on Tuesday, December 14 at 10:00 AM EST.

Here's where you can find them:

Universal Studios Florida
Outside of Lombard's Seafood Grille in San Francisco

Universal’s Islands of Adventure
Outside of Mythos Restaurant in Lost Continent

PRICE: The registration fee for the OI Meetup is $219 for one night or $327 for two nights, plus processing and tax. The OI Meetup is limited and will sell out.

Tickets go on sale Tuesday, December 14, at 10:00 AM EST! Recently, Orlando Informer Meetup tickets sold out in as little as three hours. We can't promise how long these tickets will last, so don't wait to get yours!

We had a great time last night! The weather was (finally) great, we tried all the foods we wanted to and seeing the parks all light up for Xmas was so beautiful!

I hope we can do another meetup some time (probably not until 2023, though, because we have a whole bunch of rescheduled cruises to go on next year)!

We had such a great time! The rain was only slightly annoying and at least it was not a huge long storm like this past June where it stormed for hours at the beginning of the meetup.

We met some nice people the last few days, ate some yummy food. The dulce de leche churros are delish! Need to hit the crepe stand tomorrow as it is our last day.

Did anyone buy tickets for June 2022??? We sure did! And we lucked up because when we did they gave us 2 virtual flyer passes so my 2 girls got to ride!

I also throughly enjoyed the event on Friday! We transferred from the Dolphin and Disney on Friday morning and checked into Hard Rock under the Orlando Informer rate.

We arrived at Hard Rock around 11am on Friday to a chaotic lobby. Check in took about 20 minutes, but the room was ready and the weather was beautiful! After dropping our stuff off at the room we headed to the pool and got a cabana! It was $200, but came with a $50 food and beverage credit at Beach Club.

My sis and I headed to the event on the IOA side at about 5pm and then used the hotel express at all the Marvel attractions. Our first time doing Velociocoaster was a mess. We left our tickets in the locker and then forgot or locker number. After that mess we got in line for Hagrids and it was probably 7:45 when we got on and it started pouring. It was painful with the rain pelting your face.

The next hour or so was spent eating and I got to meet Mr Morrow at Monsters Cafe! It was probably the highlight of the event for me. The Chicken Stingers were my favoritefood item from Fire Eaters.

The food line for the tots in Circus McGurkis was ridiculous. Might have been due to the rain but it was the worst line of the night for us and not worth the wait.

The $15 gift card was perfect for a beer at the Back Water Bar. Time does go by so fast so if you’re going definitely have a plan. Before we knew it we had to leave, but I can’t recommend this event enough. It’s spoiled me to the point where it’s the only way I wanna do Universal.

I also throughly enjoyed the event on Friday! We transferred from the Dolphin and Disney on Friday morning and checked into Hard Rock under the Orlando Informer rate.

We arrived at Hard Rock around 11am on Friday to a chaotic lobby. Check in took about 20 minutes, but the room was ready and the weather was beautiful! After dropping our stuff off at the room we headed to the pool and got a cabana! It was $200, but came with a $50 food and beverage credit at Beach Club.

My sis and I headed to the event on the IOA side at about 5pm and then used the hotel express at all the Marvel attractions. Our first time doing Velociocoaster was a mess. We left our tickets in the locker and then forgot or locker number. After that mess we got in line for Hagrids and it was probably 7:45 when we got on and it started pouring. It was painful with the rain pelting your face.

The next hour or so was spent eating and I got to meet Mr Morrow at Monsters Cafe! It was probably the highlight of the event for me. The Chicken Stingers were my favoritefood item from Fire Eaters.

The food line for the tots in Circus McGurkis was ridiculous. Might have been due to the rain but it was the worst line of the night for us and not worth the wait.

The $15 gift card was perfect for a beer at the Back Water Bar. Time does go by so fast so if you’re going definitely have a plan. Before we knew it we had to leave, but I can’t recommend this event enough. It’s spoiled me to the point where it’s the only way I wanna do Universal.

Glad you had a great time despite some hiccups! I totally meant to use our gift cards yesterday for a meal and forgot so they will be used today! We enjoyed the stingers as well, well mine minus the sting haha but they were fresh and hot! We missed Monster Cafe this time around but enjoyed it in June. Nate seems like a fun guy! I don’t think i saw any vloggers we knew this time but I also wasn’t looking very hard. 🤣 The last time I spotted a lot! Also agree about the tots. Just not impressed, but thankful we did not have a long line when we went in.

Had an amazing time at our first Meetup event. We managed to get in Velocicoaster before the meetup started and on one of the first trains of Hagrid's for the night so had all Friday free to just roam around and hit what we wanted. Only thing that was tough was trying to hit up all the stuff not open for the meetup before park closing. We had dinner at Mythos the first night so pretty much could only do stuff on Saturday. We managed to see both the parade and Grinchmas so counting it as a success, but wish we could have gotten to Bourne and Monster Make Up. Just be stuff to check out for our next trip though.

We had a great experience at the Meetup this last weekend!

We went to the first night of the Meetups last December, and there were a few hiccups (food, no cut through, long Hogwarts Express lines). It sounded like Taylor and the team sorted out some of those issues for the remainder of the meetups last year, so we decided to give this year another try - this time doing two nights.

Honestly, I don’t have any complaints! I’m glad we did two nights instead of one - it allowed us to not feel so rushed, and to try a lot more food options (your stomach can only hold *so* much, especially when you’re riding those rides)!

I got in the check-in line at 2:30 both days (your entire party doesn’t need to be there - just the person who bought the tickets, with the email QR code and your photo ID). Apparently there were some hiccups with Universal the first day, so the line didn’t start moving until ~3:15. The second night, we were through the line in less than 15 minutes.

We didn’t have separate day tickets, but we were able to enter the parks immediately both nights - we just picked which park we wanted to enter; you’re not restricted to the park that you picked up your credentials at. I heard someone else say that they were turned away by a team member and told to return at 5, but that wasn’t our experience either night.

We liked having the $15 gift card - it allowed for a lot of flexibility. We had crepes on night one (the Holiday Turkey season one was voted the winner) - but make sure you get in line before they shut it down for the light show in Universal. We were the last in line for crepes; they shut it down ~55 minutes before the light show started.

We stayed at Portofino Bay so that we’d have Express Pass for the few hours before the parks closed to the public. I second-guessed if this was worth it, but I was so glad I kept it. It made a huge difference for those few hours before the parks emptied.

We successfully got virtual wait times for Hagrid’s 3x during regular hours (2x Friday, 1x Saturday). We were able to move the Saturday time to be after dark so that we’d be able to ride at night. By some miracle, we happened to get front row all three times! We didn’t bother with Hagrid’s during the meetup - it was the longest wait time, hovering around 30-50 minutes (although I’ve read many reports saying the actual wait time was about half of that). It was just too short of a window with it being cleared by midnight.

We loved the RAP-tors right outside the entrance to Velocicoaster- don’t miss them! Velocicoaster was a walk-on for us both nights. I read someone’s report on Friday night saying they were able to stay on 9x in a row (I don’t think my body could physically handle that!).

Food highlights during the meetup: Fortescue’s (line moves fast, don’t get scared away), tots in Seuss Landing (we enjoyed them, and didn’t have a long wait - unlike previous posters), Cinnabon, apple pie at Three Broomsticks, frozen and hot Butterbeer.

The hour-long wait for the food to open after day guests leave was loooong. We did find that a lot of the kiosks/booths opened early (as much as a half-hour) - many of them were just waiting for guests.

One of our unexpected highlights was the carnival games outside Simpson’s. We hit those as soon as the park closed to regular guests. They needed a minute or two to put prizes away, but we were able to free play nearly all of them. It was a lot of fun to be able to play as much as we wanted to, and to try games we wouldn’t otherwise without shelling out $$$$.

Happy to answer any questions anyone has!

We are going to the meet up next week and have been watching this thread for tips, so thank you to everyone who posted!
Are the crepes open during the meet up or is everyone using their gift cards to buy them?

We went to the first night of the Meetups last December, and there were a few hiccups (food, no cut through, long Hogwarts Express lines). It sounded like Taylor and the team sorted out some of those issues for the remainder of the meetups last year, so we decided to give this year another try - this time doing two nights.

Honestly, I don’t have any complaints! I’m glad we did two nights instead of one - it allowed us to not feel so rushed, and to try a lot more food options (your stomach can only hold *so* much, especially when you’re riding those rides)!

I got in the check-in line at 2:30 both days (your entire party doesn’t need to be there - just the person who bought the tickets, with the email QR code and your photo ID). Apparently there were some hiccups with Universal the first day, so the line didn’t start moving until ~3:15. The second night, we were through the line in less than 15 minutes.

We didn’t have separate day tickets, but we were able to enter the parks immediately both nights - we just picked which park we wanted to enter; you’re not restricted to the park that you picked up your credentials at. I heard someone else say that they were turned away by a team member and told to return at 5, but that wasn’t our experience either night.

We liked having the $15 gift card - it allowed for a lot of flexibility. We had crepes on night one (the Holiday Turkey season one was voted the winner) - but make sure you get in line before they shut it down for the light show in Universal. We were the last in line for crepes; they shut it down ~55 minutes before the light show started.

We stayed at Portofino Bay so that we’d have Express Pass for the few hours before the parks closed to the public. I second-guessed if this was worth it, but I was so glad I kept it. It made a huge difference for those few hours before the parks emptied.

We successfully got virtual wait times for Hagrid’s 3x during regular hours (2x Friday, 1x Saturday). We were able to move the Saturday time to be after dark so that we’d be able to ride at night. By some miracle, we happened to get front row all three times! We didn’t bother with Hagrid’s during the meetup - it was the longest wait time, hovering around 30-50 minutes (although I’ve read many reports saying the actual wait time was about half of that). It was just too short of a window with it being cleared by midnight.

We loved the RAP-tors right outside the entrance to Velocicoaster- don’t miss them! Velocicoaster was a walk-on for us both nights. I read someone’s report on Friday night saying they were able to stay on 9x in a row (I don’t think my body could physically handle that!).

Food highlights during the meetup: Fortescue’s (line moves fast, don’t get scared away), tots in Seuss Landing (we enjoyed them, and didn’t have a long wait - unlike previous posters), Cinnabon, apple pie at Three Broomsticks, frozen and hot Butterbeer.

The hour-long wait for the food to open after day guests leave was loooong. We did find that a lot of the kiosks/booths opened early (as much as a half-hour) - many of them were just waiting for guests.

One of our unexpected highlights was the carnival games outside Simpson’s. We hit those as soon as the park closed to regular guests. They needed a minute or two to put prizes away, but we were able to free play nearly all of them. It was a lot of fun to be able to play as much as we wanted to, and to try games we wouldn’t otherwise without shelling out $$$$.

That's great you were able to get in the park right away. We didn't try the tickets at the gate itself, were just told by team members by the registration table that we had to come back at 5:00 unless we had a day ticket or AP. Kind of wish we had tried as the first night we had Mythos reservations so only had Saturday to be able to hit shows so were unable to make them all. Have to try that next time we are there.

Thanks for the detailed report! i have never been when Hagrid's had a virtual queue, I will have to brush up on that before we go. We are going Dec 3/4. By RAP-tors do you mean the raptor encounter? Haven't done it in a while.

I had no idea the carnival games were free to play for fun! I have an AP but DH has no other tickets, may try the get in early trick.

We are going to the meet up next week and have been watching this thread for tips, so thank you to everyone who posted!
Are the crepes open during the meet up or is everyone using their gift cards to buy them?
The crepe stand is one of the food options that’s not available during the meetup. I was a bit apprehensive- I didn’t really get the hype before, but I was impressed!
Thanks for the detailed report! i have never been when Hagrid's had a virtual queue, I will have to brush up on that before we go. We are going Dec 3/4. By RAP-tors do you mean the raptor encounter? Haven't done it in a while.

I had no idea the carnival games were free to play for fun! I have an AP but DH has no other tickets, may try the get in early trick.
The Rap-tors were an improv rap duo that performed on the hour outside the entrance to Velocicoaster. They were super funny!

Yes, the carnival games are free play (but no prizes), and some arcade games too! We were pleasantly surprised at how much fun we had playing them!

Had an amazing time at our first Meetup event. We managed to get in Velocicoaster before the meetup started and on one of the first trains of Hagrid's for the night so had all Friday free to just roam around and hit what we wanted. Only thing that was tough was trying to hit up all the stuff not open for the meetup before park closing. We had dinner at Mythos the first night so pretty much could only do stuff on Saturday. We managed to see both the parade and Grinchmas so counting it as a success, but wish we could have gotten to Bourne and Monster Make Up. Just be stuff to check out for our next trip though.
So glad you had fun! The Bourne and Make Up Shows are fantastic, so def see them next time you are there! We have seen the monster show at least 3-4 times over the last 2 trips and while the "story" is the same, diff hosts adds different flair and you never know if you are one who gets picked on lol Bourne is awesome, I have seen it twice, my theatre dd, saw it about 5 or more times LOL, we sat up front once, and middle center once and the best seat was middle center for sure! If you get motion sickness, hang back so you can sit towards the back, the closer I was to the front, made me feel queasy and I do not get motion sickness! We saw Grinchmas twice while there, loved, loved, loved it! The characters were amazing and the show was so fun!

Glad you had a fantastic time after the so so Dec meetup! I went and got our stuff around 5:30 both days and walked right up and had no wait, but did see people lined up as early as 1:30, eek! We loved having the express pass, esp on Sun and Monday, it wasn't as bad before the meetup on Fri/Sat but def getting busier as the days went. Many times wait times were 45-60 and hit the express line and was on in 10 mins. I was really expecting a much longer ep wait. The long wait time for we "had" was when my older dd went to ride VC, it was posted at 90 mins, and I think she said it took her 70- but it was worth it she said LOL

That one hour was a pain LOL we made sure to grab something before it closed down, but like you I noticed that several places were ready and opened early. Mels on Fri started a bit before 8 if I recall, because we got in line expecting to wait and they had already started serving. I was impressed! Their hot apple pie and a small van shake = apple pie ala mode! Delish. Highly recommend during the meetup :D

We played tons of the carnival games too, my youngest had a blasts because we won't spend $$ on them. I can't wait til the June meetup now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter