Optimistic October, 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

Welcome to Tuesday!

Since we are coming up on the season of baked goods and special treats I thought a good topic would be:
B02461B0-C7FA-42B0-B0E5-4A6EEF1BAEA7.jpeg

Which specific kind?

It’s a hard one for me to pick just one but I have to say pie!

I love that so many kinds can be served warm and paired with ice cream! I will have to say a warm apple pie and vanilla ice cream is my favorite-I love the tartness of the apples and sweetness of the ice cream!! Yum!

Welcome to Tuesday!

Since we are coming up on the season of baked goods and special treats I thought a good topic would
be:
View attachment 709952

Which specific kind?

It’s a hard one for me to pick just one but I have to say pie!

I love that so many kinds can be served warm and paired with ice cream! I will have to say a warm apple pie and vanilla ice cream is my favorite-I love the tartness of the apples and sweetness of the ice cream!! Yum!
I love ALL the sweets! But to choose, I will pick the seasonal choice…Apple crumb pie with all it’s cinnamony sweet deliciousness.

My SIL always made it at Thanksgiving, and no bakery could top hers. She refused to give me her recipe, but did push me in the right direction to make my own. Those who have tasted both like mine better lol.

Until Thanksgiving, I enjoy warm apples and cinnamon as a healthy treat in the fall and winter. I started having it last week. No sugar required.

Tough call....
Previously I would have said cake but I have been less into them as of late...unless it's a coldstone cake then there is no discussion that takes the (ahem) cake. I see they are making pie as well now which after I try it may change this entire discussion.

In terms of pie give me a savory one! French style meat pie is my fave and a friend dropped off a chicken pot pie yesterday that was quite yummy.

Cake vs pie I guess depends are we talking dessert or dinner?

HI everyone. We are hanging in there here at my house. I have finally turned the corner. Saturday and Sunday were really bad for me. I am sure I have lost another 5 pounds this month. I haven't really had anything to eat since like Wednesday last week. I am still not hungry. DD is back in school today, though I am picking her up at 11:30. She is just wearing down quickly. We did tell her last night that no soccer this week. Wednesday is there last game. She couldn't walk around the block without issues on Sunday. DH started yesterday with symptoms and DS this morning. I am thankful for 1. for all of us getting it at about the same time and 2. that I started to get better about the time DH started. It would not have been fun if we were down at the same time.

For the question today. I don't much of either. I will only eat white cake (yellow if I have too) with white frosting or chocolate cream pie. This helps a lot because my sister always has chocolate cake at her parties for the kids and at holidays it is the fruit pies that I don't eat so I am good. It is the cookies. I love cookies.

Good Morning and Happy Sunday!!

I was getting ready to do trivia yesterday during a break between soccer tournament games and…disaster struck.

DD was in a clump of kids trying to get the ball and her foot folded in half-immediate pain, could not walk or put pressure on it…by the time she got to the side lines it was purple and swelling rapidly right in front of us.

Off to urgent care we went! 4 hours later she was diagnosed with a sprain in her lower ankle bones, which are separated on the X-ray but are supposed to be laying together. For starters she is in a boot, crutches and as much rest/elevation as possible for 2 weeks. Then she goes back for X-rays on the 21st and we will go from there.

She had a teammate break his collarbone a few minutes before her injury, so it was a eventful game to say the least.

We are to be running the wine and dine 5K the first week of November. I am so glad she does not know about it because she would be more hysterical than what she already is about missing work and plans today and next weekend. I did a bit of research and it seems I can push her in a wheelchair for the 5K, which is my plan for now. I will also push her in a wheelchair in the parks.

Everything will work out and it will be fine. Her healing is #1 for me right now as I am not quite ready for another long her medical recovery.

Sprains are so much worse then a break. DD has had both. I hope she has a speedy recovery!

HI everyone. We are hanging in there here at my house. I have finally turned the corner. Saturday and Sunday were really bad for me. I am sure I have lost another 5 pounds this month. I haven't really had anything to eat since like Wednesday last week. I am still not hungry. DD is back in school today, though I am picking her up at 11:30. She is just wearing down quickly. We did tell her last night that no soccer this week. Wednesday is there last game. She couldn't walk around the block without issues on Sunday. DH started yesterday with symptoms and DS this morning. I am thankful for 1. for all of us getting it at about the same time and 2. that I started to get better about the time DH started. It would not have been fun if we were down at the same time.

For the question today. I don't much of either. I will only eat white cake (yellow if I have too) with white frosting or chocolate cream pie. This helps a lot because my sister always has chocolate cake at her parties for the kids and at holidays it is the fruit pies that I don't eat so I am good. It is the cookies. I love cookies.
Happy to hear you are starting to feel better.

I'm also going to have to say pie - savory or sweet, and I'm the baker in the family so I do the holiday pies. I have no idea what our Thanksgiving/Christmas plans are going to to be this year, only that it will be challenging for me to do an over night somewhere over Thanksgiving, so we'll see what the others have in mind. I have however started to collect Thanksgiving recipes, because, well, I just can't help myself... one recipe is for a Pumpkin Mousse pie which I was thinking would be mighty fine with a pretzel crust.

We are all on the uptick except for DS. I actually feel like a person today. I am still congested and my ears and sinuses are bothering me but over all doing better. DD is in school and should make it a full day. She does still have a cough but when she gets a cough they last a long time. I sent her with cough drops. DH still feels crappy but the fever is gone now so doing better. DS stayed home yesterday since he had a mild cough. Sometime last night he got a fever of 101. The highest out of any of us. We need to keep a close eye on him with this. This is the first time he has gotten a fever in many years. Really the first time he has been sick in many years. He tends to get really high fevers when he gets them. He has had a 105 temps in the past. We gave him advil and will check in 4 hours. if he is still has a fever we will start alternating Tylenol and Advil and hopefully keep it from getting too high. This may be a long day for us. The fever for each of us has only lasted about 24ish hours so hopefully by tomorrow the fever will be gone.

In other news I have lost a lot of weight. I lost 5 pounds from the colonoscopy and yesterday the scale should I lost 15 pounds from being sick. Today that number was up 9 pounds which in this case I am not upset about. As soon as I am better I will be working on losing the healthy way. Soccer is over today for DD and DS will most likely be in a week or 2. Band is over in about a 2-3 weeks. I will finally get back to having some time. I will also being doing PT for the next 3 months so this will help with exercise. This should fix all the issues that I have been having. So no major surgery like I thought I might have to have.

Woohoo... I made it in to the office today. The commute took me over the WS Bridge for the first time since re-opening, but the busses don't go on the western rise, which is the best part. Going to lunch with some work chums, so that'll be nice.

Woohoo... vacation next week! I haven't made it up to the fancy pumpkin farm way up north yet, so I'm thinking I'll do that Sunday then go from there to Port Townsend, which involves driving down Whidbey Island and across the Deception Pass bridge, which is pretty awesome.
1665587332861.png

Check in for the retreat isn't until 3pm, so I have plenty of time to wander around.

Almost woohoo... this is day three of treating the cough as if it is from acid reflux. yesterday was pretty good but in the evening I did have a super wet cough and had to take Benadryl to stop it. I'm hoping for even better today and going forward.

WOO HOO I have a new paraprofessional who seems like a major upgrade from the lazy, unreliable one I have had for a year.

WOO HOO I am closer to my challenging student getting his psych evaluation and being transferred to an alternative school.

WOO HOO we all have our boosters and flu shots scheduled for Friday. Hopefully the side effects won’t be too bad.

Wahoo there is no school Friday! So happy to have a quiet day to hopefully get a bit more caught up!

Wahoo I'm just plain excited to go to WDW over winter break!!!

Wahoo our school's fundraiser met their goal--I was very worried for a while there! Wahoo kids can go on field trips now!

7ABE490C-729A-47E8-831F-03AC0809F023.jpeg

Happy Thursday!!! What are the things your are most thankful for this week?

I am most thankful that DD is feeling a little better each day. Also, she is listening to her doctor and we are not fighting about resting. I did allow her to go to study night with youth group last night and she helps out with Awana afterwards. She said she stayed off of it pretty much the entire time but she did have some pain when she got home, nothing terrible though.

Also thankful that tonight is my night out with my work friends!!! We went from seeing one another everyday for 18 years to only texting and working virtually with one another so we get together every 3 months for dinner. We are going for Greek tonight!! I can’t wait to see their faces!!!!

I hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Good Morning! I am thankful that none of us got hit too hard with covid and all seem to be mild cases. Mine was the worst but was nothing worse then a bad cold. Though I am thinking I might have a secondary infection (thinking a sinus infection) from the congestion. Still not as bad as it could have been.

@PAsFab5, I have that exact quote in a little frame on my kitchen windowsill 🍁😃

This week, I'm thankful that DH's dad is OK! He had a chest pain scare and had to have a cardiac cath yesterday. But they didn't find any blockages, and he is feeling better.

I'm also thankful for the nice fall weather we've had the past couple of days, that some of my favorite shows are back on TV for new seasons, and for my local library - which is awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter