OT: i need a hug - edited 21/07/12: we've cancelled :(

So very sorry to hear about this Alicia, as if your health issues weren't enough to deal with. Sounds like you've made some great decisions with regards to paring down your trip so that it is still romantic and fun, but on a budget.

Use this opportunity to truly get yourself well. Make sure you allow yourself rest and be kind to yourself. Your qualifications sound so strong so I think when the time is right work will cross your path that is even more amazing than you could imagine.

Oh you poor girl. I hope things improve for you quickly. Im also sick and got diagnosed with celiacs disease 10 months ago. :sad: Things will get better when you lease expect it, and Im happy you are still making it on your holiday. Its what keeps us going and something to look forward to.:love:

:grouphug:

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger..to walk around EPCOT:wave2:

Hope we all have a happy day today :firefight:clown:

:wave2:

maybe we could use a smilie as our own like button.....

like this one:love:

or this

:hippie:

just thinking...maybe i should do a poll:hyper:

australiankaren said:
:wave2:

maybe we could use a smilie as our own like button.....

like this one:love:

or this

:hippie:

just thinking...maybe i should do a poll:hyper:

Karen, fess up, just how much cough medicine have you had today?? :rotfl::

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I thought this was our like button:thumbsup2 :confused3

:grouphug:Hope your having a better day today and pixiedust: for a speedy recovery :grouphug:

I thought this was our like button:thumbsup2 :confused3

:grouphug:Hope your having a better day today and pixiedust: for a speedy recovery :grouphug:

i didnt get the memo :rolleyes1

and I have only had the dosage they recommend on the bottle...although I'm dying for a wine or three.....maybe at 6 pirate time....pirate:

Hi Alicia:wave2:

I just wanted to pop in and say hi, to also say I am so sorry to hear about your job loss, and that I am feeling your pain. I had to cancel my Halloween trip that was set for last year and had to postpone until this year due to ill health. It really does suck being sick and it is hard to deal with things when they are out of our control.Sometimes things happen..............you don't know just why at the time, but there is always a grand plan. Maybe this way you will have time to rest up, get fitter AND have a holiday with your wonderful man AND the mouse! The way I look at that, it's a pretty good deal!

I too work in the finanacial industry and I just want to say, I would have you onboard any day! In fact, if you happen to live anywhere in the Sydney area, let me know when you are ready if you like, and I can put in a good word for you!!!

Keep your chin up

Sue

Alicia I'm so sorry to hear about what youve had to go through. It is absolutely devastating to have to resign in such circumstances.

Often life has a special way of bringing you to the 'next' phase, sometimes unexpectedly and unpleasantly. We can't always see clearly when we are in the midst of it. It sounds like you really do need the time to recover and take care of yourself. So whilst it's awful to have to change your travel plans, maybe it's an opportunity to really regather, start slow and find a job with an employer who will appreciate you more.

Im glad to hear that you will still be going on your trip, even if it's been pared down. Some of our most memorable travels were as poor students, where we really did enjoy the simple things on life. I think sometimes we forget this. We're all guilty of obsessing about getting it 'right'. The beauty of the US is that it is affordable and it is easy to make those dollars stretch. There will come a time for that concierge class!

Hang in there and try to keep your spirits up. It will still be a special trip as you'll be with your man. Hugs to you.

so we have made a decision - we are cancelling our trip.

it makes sense from a lot of perspectives for us, for our circumstances, and most of all, for my health. if i'm not better by november, it will make our travel experience horrible. so we have decided to cancel.

i have spent the morning cancelling our tickets, our cruise, our airfares etc. the good thing is that we have been able to get refunds or credits for all of our expenses, and with our intention to go on a family vacation next november, it kind of works out for the best.

we're older and wiser now, and i know this decision makes the most sense for us in a lot of ways, but there is a really petulant, small child inside my head screaming 'i don't wanna!!!!!' lol. i hate the idea of cancelling. i hate it with every fibre of my being and i am heartbroken. but ... it is what is best for us.

i will have lots of time to actually focus on myself, my health and trying to get better. i know some of you are dealing with your own health issues, and have been kind enough to share those with me, and to PM me and share your stories and your experiences. thank you, thank you, thank you for your kindness and generosity and willingness to cheer up this drama queen.

it has taken me less than 1 hour to undo all of the plans i have been making for the last 6 months :badpc: what an irony.

so i will be mostly posting on the 'getting fit for your trip' thread now as that is my only focus and goal...at least until january, when i will ramp up the planning of our nov 2013 trip :)

Congratulations on the decision making, Alicia. Hard as it is, you and Carlo have made a decision that is probably right for you both at this point in time. Get well, feel better and look forward to the next trip when you are all well again. :goodvibes

Congratulations on the decision making, Alicia. Hard as it is, you and Carlo have made a decision that is probably right for you both at this point in time. Get well, feel better and look forward to the next trip when you are all well again. :goodvibes

PiO, thank you so much for the good thoughts :hug: we feel that it's the smartest decision we could have made, although we both are sad that we're not getting to go on our dream vacation any more. we had such grand plans :)

but this way we'll get to focus on the things that matter the most, such as my health and our financial security, and since we're going back next year anyway, it's not such a long time til we'll be over there again :)

Sorry to hear you decided to cancel but as you said it would be awful to go on holidays unwell. And being able to get refunds/credits for your next trip means you will have less you have to save by next Nov which is always a good thing:)

Now you concentrate on getting better:)

I know that must have been a hard decision to make - but you really dont need that stress of trying to stretch your $ to cover this trip. Now you can look forward to next year.

Did you get credit on your airfare ? That will go a long way to cover next years trip.

I really hope things pick up for you health wise - :wizard:

"for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health"

You and Carlo are really being tested on this, before you even tie the knot! :hug:

I know that must have been a hard decision to make - but you really dont need that stress of trying to stretch your $ to cover this trip. Now you can look forward to next year.

Did you get credit on your airfare ? That will go a long way to cover next years trip.

I really hope things pick up for you health wise - :wizard:

"for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health"

You and Carlo are really being tested on this, before you even tie the knot! :hug:

lol. yes, we have had quite a few ups and downs lately...

he was quite upset when i was in hospital, and he is adamant that he won't let me travel until i am fully recovered... it's nice to be cared for like that :lovestruc

i'm sure we'll survive this, and thrive, and it will be for the better.

we will be able to use our flight credits towards our flights next year, and our airport transfers have also been confirmed as being ok to use for our trip next year, so that is quite a bit that we don't have to save up for next year :)

as we have a WDW part to the trip next year, i think i'll be doing quite a bit of research as we've never been and find it just a wee bit overwhelming, especially when you include dining :)

thanks for the support :)

:hug: You guys made a decision that works for you and now you can focus on getting better and then looking for work when you are ready to :thumbsup2

Plus now you get to turn your attention next years trip, WDW :faint: :yay:

Keep going through Gossip Girl too while you rest up, I still need to catch up on the four last episodes on the most recent season. Ahh Mr Bass, one sexy man :blush: even better with his natural English accent ::yes::

so we have made a decision - we are cancelling our trip.

it makes sense from a lot of perspectives for us, for our circumstances, and most of all, for my health. if i'm not better by november, it will make our travel experience horrible. so we have decided to cancel.

i have spent the morning cancelling our tickets, our cruise, our airfares etc. the good thing is that we have been able to get refunds or credits for all of our expenses, and with our intention to go on a family vacation next november, it kind of works out for the best.

we're older and wiser now, and i know this decision makes the most sense for us in a lot of ways, but there is a really petulant, small child inside my head screaming 'i don't wanna!!!!!' lol. i hate the idea of cancelling. i hate it with every fibre of my being and i am heartbroken. but ... it is what is best for us.

i will have lots of time to actually focus on myself, my health and trying to get better. i know some of you are dealing with your own health issues, and have been kind enough to share those with me, and to PM me and share your stories and your experiences. thank you, thank you, thank you for your kindness and generosity and willingness to cheer up this drama queen.

it has taken me less than 1 hour to undo all of the plans i have been making for the last 6 months :badpc: what an irony.

so i will be mostly posting on the 'getting fit for your trip' thread now as that is my only focus and goal...at least until january, when i will ramp up the planning of our nov 2013 trip :)

I hope you get better soon, and start planning the trip for a later better time. Who knows you might go the same time as me.:thumbsup2

:hug: You guys made a decision that works for you and now you can focus on getting better and then looking for work when you are ready to :thumbsup2

Plus now you get to turn your attention next years trip, WDW :faint: :yay:

Keep going through Gossip Girl too while you rest up, I still need to catch up on the four last episodes on the most recent season. Ahh Mr Bass, one sexy man :blush: even better with his natural English accent ::yes::

Ohhhh, I love Bass too. His got a nice ***.:love: ( Should drop the B in his name for sure. )::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter