~Our Birthday Bash June/July 09~ 1st PTR 7/10 TR started

PookieB

DVC Dreaming
Hi all! Please bear with me as this is my first TR. I enjoy reading all the TRs here on the boards and I think it's a great way to memorialize a trip. We decided to take advantage of the free birthday admission this year. We started planning in Oct 08. DH & I have our birthday very close to each other. Mine is 7/2 and DH's is 6/30. DD is 6/24 but for now she is free anyways. :thumbsup2 So here goes.

Cast

Me Beth 28 - A SAHM who tries to squeeze in as many trips in one year as possible. :idea:

DH 26 - Loves all things Disney except the expense part. ;)

DD 11 months - Our little princess who will be turning 1 on June 24. princess:

Check In June 29 @ OKW :goodvibes
July 1st (switch to AKV Jambo)
Check Out July 3rd
:sad1:

First split stay for us. I know it seems short for a split stay but we are only use to 2-3 day stays living so close to WDW. This is our 2nd DVC stay. We were at SSR in Jan 08.

We are so excited to be staying 4 nights which we have only done but one other trip when we got married. :bride::groom:

ADRs

6/29 Lunch - Beaches N Cream Dinner - T-Rex (first timer)
6/30 Lunch - Flame Tree BBQ Dinner - Yak & Yeti (first timer)
7/1 Brunch - Boma Dinner - Ohana (first timer)
7/2 Breakfast Hollywood and Wine (first-timer) Lunch Sci-Fi (first timer) Dinner 50's Prime Time
7/3 Breakfast Chef Mickey's

Itinerary

6/29 OKW Pool/ DTD shopping
6/30 AK/park hop to MK for Spectromagic & Wishes :bday:
7/1 Jambo Pool/Animal watch/ watching Wishes for Poly beach
7/2 DHS/park hop to MK w/o Grace to ride POTC, HM, SM, & may be TM :scared: :bday:
7/3 DTD Shopping/drive home

More to come this weekend...

Chapters
1.Trip Gear
2.Planning Grace's Birthday party
3.Previous Trips & Pics
4.Disney birthday cake ideas
5.Wii Fit
6.The Disney Babies are back!
7.Not Disney but...
8.Father's Day presents
9.1 week from today...Grace's birthday party
10.1 week from today...Packing!
11.1 week from today...When we leave!
12.1 week from today...AK & DH's birthday
13.1 week from today...Jambo!
14.1 week from today...DHS & My birthday

Here's a few pics of some trip gear.

T-shirts
IMG_2932.jpg

Some outfits for Grace
IMG_2937.jpg

Her outfit for Chef Mickey's
IMG_2938.jpg

Swim Suits
IMG_2934.jpg

IMG_2939.jpg

Stinky trying to get in the picture. :cutie:

So I finaly broke down and bought a decent diaper bag. I've read around the forum that a lot of DIS Moms love the Skip Hop bags because of the stroller clips.
IMG_2915.jpg

OT but Grace says Mickey Mouse!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYCXzBOzUCI
Comes out more like "Mickhim Mou" but you get the idea. ;) She has been pointing at him in her books and we'll ask her "Who is that Grace?". So cute! :lovestruc

Just wanted to share my late Mother's day gift.
It was a replacement. When we moved several of my figures got broken. DH found it on Ebay and grabbed it. :love:
IMG_2925.jpg

So we're having Grace's 1st birthday party 2 days before we leave. It's going to make it kinda hectic but we can't do it the 20th or July 4th. We also don't wanna wait until July 11th because it's so far from her birth date. We're having a small BBQ at my parents with family and friends...may be 20-30 people. I'll be make cupcakes and a smash cake for Grace. Here's some practice ones.

IMG_2956.jpg

Also made the invitations. I'm not thrilled about how they came out but they were made for under $20.

IMG_2942.jpg

A few favors for the kids.
IMG_2943.jpg

35 days away happy dance!!!! :cool1::banana::yay::woohoo::dance3::cheer2:

Thought I'd share a few pics from our previous Disney trips.

DH on our first visit to WWC in '05 on our first MNSSHP. Now we're hooked!
3098456639_2824ee514e.jpg

3098450907_3fe8757cfd.jpg

My Mom & Dad on our MVMCP 05 trip. We were celebrating my Dad's birthday early because it's Christmas day.
3099264974_980cb46b85.jpg

Disneymoon Jan 06
Scan0005.jpg

Scan0003.jpg

3099264362_62b77f82f9.jpg

Birthday Trip July 07 Yum cakes!
3098416571_5eac6f3152.jpg

3099245958_2c37732c91.jpg

DP&PP Aug 07Our favorite! So sad they aren't doing it anymore.Was too hot in Aug tho!!!
3098392503_9243f8c66b.jpg

DH has to have a turkey leg every trip.
3316696948_1c6f1c3669.jpg

First visit to CM!
3098405223_144e74fd06.jpg

3099238856_632f73d404.jpg

MNSSHP/IF&WF Oct 07
3098367187_5674825e20.jpg

3098366171_3d07eb52d0.jpg

Jan 08 Preggo Short Trip First DVC resort stay @ SSR
3098323269_724c3f94e3.jpg

MNSSHP 08 Grace's first trip
3099146502_cd387275e9.jpg

3098316289_1d49fb1335.jpg

First visit to CP! We loved it!
3099143498_b27d00da8c.jpg

Daddy shares his turkey leg
3099135986_8be204064b.jpg

MVMCP 08

3218437802_3b1ae03093.jpg

3138808949_7c8df9ebfd.jpg

3138706729_07d82e3f2f.jpg

Count me in! I absolutely love reading other disers pre-trip/trip reports. I always say I am going to start one of my own but never do.

I really don't want to spend much on a cake. I also don't want a frozen podium cake bleh nor a huge cake because it will be just 2 of us. So I came up with an idea. :idea: I think I'll surprise DH with a little something. I was thinking of having the Boardwalk bakery place 2 mini mickey head cakes(so DH doesn't have to share his ;)) on a server and write Happy Birthday for both of us. Not sure if they will do this but it's worth a shot. :goodvibes

Stole this pic from Sandy321 on The Official Cake Chatter Thread.. Hope ya don't mind!
WeddingPictures-somedisney006.jpg

That sounds like a really cute idea! I bet they will do that -- from what I have heard the Boardwalk Bakery is very accomodating.

Hi!!! I followed you over from my PTR and Lynn's TR!!! Your daughter is so cute!! I think it is SO FUN that all your birthdays are close together!! I suspect there will be MANY more birthday trips to come...especially when Grace isn't free. I can't wait to hear all about your trip. I'm secretly hoping you bring home another "souvenier"! (Do you remember the commercial for that with the little girl telling everyone how Mommy and Daddy said that her little sister was their souvenier! :lmao:)

Woo-hoo, you started a PTR! All right!! I'm definitely in.

Grace is absolutely adorable!!! I love all those cute outfits you've picked out for her -- especially that Minnie outfit for Chef Mickey's. That video of her talking is adorable!!

I excited to try Chef Mickey's -- it's our first time there. I can't wait to see my grumpy DH around all the characters!! :rotfl:

Cute Clothes I love them all I can't choose.

Your baby is so adorable she is so cute.

Love all the photos.

I am definately going to follow. popcorn::

Great PTR so far. I have to say I love the name Grace!!! But I may be a little biased because my oldest DD's name is Grace. In fact they have the same first and middle name. :goodvibes
I also had to say how cute those outfits are you got for her. That is the one thing I miss about having a little girl. little boys don't have all the cute little dresses.

Can't wait to read more.

oh the cuteness of her eating Pooh's nose!!! And that cake with the castle, stunning!!!

I'll be following along...just started my first PTR!!

That sounds like a really cute idea! I bet they will do that -- from what I have heard the Boardwalk Bakery is very accomodating.

Thanks! I hope so.

Hi!!! I followed you over from my PTR and Lynn's TR!!! Your daughter is so cute!! I think it is SO FUN that all your birthdays are close together!! I suspect there will be MANY more birthday trips to come...especially when Grace isn't free. I can't wait to hear all about your trip. I'm secretly hoping you bring home another "souvenier"! (Do you remember the commercial for that with the little girl telling everyone how Mommy and Daddy said that her little sister was their souvenier! :lmao:)

:welcome: & thank you!! She's our "souvenir" from our Oct '07 trip. lol As far as another "souvenir" goes..we are waiting for a few years before trying. If we win the lottery I won't be waiting! ;)

Woo-hoo, you started a PTR! All right!! I'm definitely in.

Grace is absolutely adorable!!! I love all those cute outfits you've picked out for her -- especially that Minnie outfit for Chef Mickey's. That video of her talking is adorable!!

I excited to try Chef Mickey's -- it's our first time there. I can't wait to see my grumpy DH around all the characters!! :rotfl:

Hey there and :welcome: Thank You! Yeah..we are thrilled that her 5th word is Mickey Mouse! Chef Mickey's is great for breakfast. :lovestruc

Sounds like a good cake idea! :thumbsup2

Thanks!

Cute Clothes I love them all I can't choose.

Your baby is so adorable she is so cute.

Love all the photos.

I am definately going to follow. popcorn::

:welcome: & Thank You! That's the hardest part of having a girl. Too many cute clothes. :cutie:

Great PTR so far. I have to say I love the name Grace!!! But I may be a little biased because my oldest DD's name is Grace. In fact they have the same first and middle name. :goodvibes
I also had to say how cute those outfits are you got for her. That is the one thing I miss about having a little girl. little boys don't have all the cute little dresses.

Can't wait to read more.

:welcome: Grace was my husband's choice. I wanted her name to be MaKayla but I honestly can say I like Grace better now. I told him if we have another girl her name will be MaKayla! ;)

oh the cuteness of her eating Pooh's nose!!! And that cake with the castle, stunning!!!

I'll be following along...just started my first PTR!!

Thank You and :welcome:! She loved all the characters especially the Mad Hatter. I wish I had a piece of that cake right now! I'll be sure and check out your PTR.

So I've been in a rut with losing weight. I can't even blame my DD because I only gained 20 lbs while pregnant and lost that already. It's tough to exercise when watching a 11 month old who's fully walking now. I don't want to spend money on a gym membership. It's getting hotter out and raining a lot most days. Walking is not enough anyways. I really hate working out. :headache: But I love video games! :thumbsup2 So I got the Wii Fit and it came today. I love it! It tracks your BMI and gives you a workout calendar and plan. The Yoga is the best because it can track your balance to make sure you are doing the poses correctly. I've try DVDs and I always felt like I was doing them wrong. The aerobics are really fun especially the hula hoops. I'm actually looking forward to exercising for the first time in many years.

wii_fit_box_back.jpg

wii-fit-hula-hoop.jpg

I have to say we love our Wii fit. I don't use it like it is supposed to but I still enjoy adding it to my exercise routine. when I am not in the mood one day I do it and still get my workout in.
Have fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter