Overland Donner Bag

After much debate, I changed my mind and got one of the new colors for my Disney trip. It is the chocolate/blue floral combination.. I absolutely LOVE it! I haven't stuffed it yet, but did put my Passporter inside and it was so light and easy to carry around. I'm attaching pics for anyone interested...

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

question for other Donner users....I used my Donner yesterday for a trip into Boston. I had a partially frozen water bottle in the bottle holder on the side(didn't mean to freeze it ~ the fridge in the basement is set too high!!)and noticed that it caused condensation (obviously) and the inside of the bag was wet. Anyway to prevent everything from getting wet inside? I was planning on putting my camera in the bag. I guess I could put the camera inside a ziplok bag. Anyone else notice this?

Anyway to prevent everything from getting wet inside? I was planning on putting my camera in the bag. I guess I could put the camera inside a ziplok bag. Anyone else notice this?

I have been debating whether or not to spray my bag with water proofing spray. That wouldn't make it water proof, but would make it water resistant and might help keep it from getting dirty. But then I'm not sure what would happen if I decided to wash it in the washing machine.

Ok I just took the plunge and ordered the Overland Donner bag from Shoebuy. Great price - total was $37.40!! I opted to get the picante. I wanted a bright color this time - it may sound silly but I feel like w/a bright color it will be harder for me to leave it behind or forget about it lol. Last trip I kept forgetting my black bag in the restaurants. I didn't notice it when I got up and kept having to run back and grab it:( It also looks like it is small enough to fit in the bottom of my mclaren stroller. I didn't want anything too big but need something that can hold a change of clothes for DD, water, sunscreen etc. for the parks. I do have one question - can this bag be worn messenger style? How long are the straps? And can it fit a Kodak easyshare digital camera? Thanks! :)

I have been debating whether or not to spray my bag with water proofing spray. That wouldn't make it water proof, but would make it water resistant and might help keep it from getting dirty. But then I'm not sure what would happen if I decided to wash it in the washing machine.

I was wondering if I should do this too...anyone else waterproof the bag???

Ok I just took the plunge and ordered the Overland Donner bag from Shoebuy. Great price - total was $37.40!! I opted to get the picante. I wanted a bright color this time - it may sound silly but I feel like w/a bright color it will be harder for me to leave it behind or forget about it lol. Last trip I kept forgetting my black bag in the restaurants. I didn't notice it when I got up and kept having to run back and grab it:( It also looks like it is small enough to fit in the bottom of my mclaren stroller. I didn't want anything too big but need something that can hold a change of clothes for DD, water, sunscreen etc. for the parks. I do have one question - can this bag be worn messenger style? How long are the straps? And can it fit a Kodak easyshare digital camera? Thanks! :)

The strap can be extended a lot. I wear it messenger style ~ I actually prefer that to over one shoulder. The strap was not extended all the way and it hit right about at my hip or slightly lower. I am 5'9" tall so it's pretty long when extended.
One thing though ~ the bag did seem to get heavy with the water bottles in it. I think I might try to make/get a padded thing to put on the strap so it doesn't dig into my shoulder.

It can definitely be worn messenger style. I'm 5'10" and I extended the strap as far as I could and was able to wear it this way..hit right at the hip. I am fairly confident your camera will fit. I think mine is smaller than yours (Cannon A540) but I had not problem with it. The only thing I'm not sure would fit is a change of clothes for your daughter..but if she is small that would probably fit too. Good luck...I hope it works for you!

After all the rave reviews I ordered one from REI. I had planned to try it out before going to WDW. My daughter is in 4-H and I used it all week during our county fair. I carried a phone, cash, small 1st aid kit, 2 water bottles, camera, and paperwork. I used the zippered pocket for money and loved just flipping it down and getting the cash I needed.
I used it again for a trip to TN. I carried phone, cash, ponchos, water bottles, 1st aid kit, bug spray, sunscreen, camera, and brochures. The TN trip contents is basically what I take to the parks. My DD is 10, so she carries her bag which contains her water bottle and autograph book, which helps. I loved the bag and the capability for it to carry everything I needed and the ease to find everything. The only thing I didn't like was the weight with 2 full water bottles. I will make a padded strap cover to help ease the strain with 2 full bottles before heading to the world.
Thanks so much for the recommendations from the perfect park bag post.

Here's a question for you. Have you found some sort of cover that can be used to pad the strap a bit? I find the webbing of the strap sort of scratchy on my neck and exposed shoulder and would like to cover it somehow. I know I could actually get out my sewing machine and make my own cover :rolleyes1 but time, effort, yada, yada. I MUCH rather buy something!:lmao:

I don't know if this has been answered yet since I haven't made it to the end of the thread. But have you tried the velcro covers that are used on baby car seats? I remember having some for my son when he was a newborn.

I know some people are looking for bags to use for a small diaper bag. I highly recommend these bags:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...x=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=mini+tote&noImage=0

I have 2 and my daughter has 1 now. I use one for the pool (always stays packed) and the other I use for camping (carrying all of my bath items) back and forth to bath-house.

My daughter uses hers to carry her DVD player, cords, and movies. This is a great bag and added it to my collection...I actually ordered another one last week for myself. It just comes in handy so much. Would also make a great gift to fill with baby travel items, bath items for mom or friend, etc...

Overland Donner Bag -- Padded Strap

Does anyone have suggestions for some time of padded cushion that could be velcro wrapped around the bags strap, that way it would slide and could be customized to each wearer's needs.

Thanks in advance
Linda

After much debate, I changed my mind and got one of the new colors for my Disney trip. It is the chocolate/blue floral combination.. I absolutely LOVE it! I haven't stuffed it yet, but did put my Passporter inside and it was so light and easy to carry around. I'm attaching pics for anyone interested...

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

I love this new color...It may have to be my second Donner!!!!!

Glad everyone out there is loving their bags as much as I love mine!

Mrs. Disney Ron

Overland Donner Bag -- Padded Strap

Does anyone have suggestions for some time of padded cushion that could be velcro wrapped around the bags strap, that way it would slide and could be customized to each wearer's needs.

Thanks in advance
Linda

They sell shoulder pads you can add to the straps..looks like they cost around $10 but you might look around and a local travel shop and see if they have something. Here are a couple of options I found

http://www.ems.com/catalog/product_...T<>prd_id=845524441772543&emssrcid=GoogleBase

http://www.ebags.com/manhattan_portage/shoulder_pad/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=49239

Burberry plaid,

Thank you so much for the links! I know with the water bottles the bag gets heavy and when it's hot a padded shoulder strap will be just the thing. Come to think of it, I've seen some with coolant wraps that could be inserted into the strap and used to increase the comfort level.

Thanks again,
Linda

Just got back from a week at Disney World and loved my Overland Donner bag. Last year I bought the Baggallini and used it for the first morning and that was it, way too small. I was a little nervous about the Overland Donner bag but it worked perfectly. I was able to hold camera, video camera, 2 disposable cameras (one for each kid), 2 autograph books, sun screen, water, 2 juice boxes, snacks, little wallet (used the front zipper pocket for tickets and fast passes), Hidden Mickey's book, wipes and maps, etc. It worked perfectly. Not too big, not too small! I would highly recommend it! I was surprised that I did not see another Overland Donner bag the entire week we were there. After reading everything on here I expected to see a few more!

Why is it that whenever I wander over to the Tip Board I end up spending more money??? First time I came here it ended up that I HAD TO HAVE a Mister and a Donner bag - I didn't even KNOW I needed a new bag! :goodvibes

~Stacy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter