Overland Donner Bag

How awesome for you! I love that he surprised you with this trip and that you get to go back earlier than December! :cool1:

I leave tomorrow! I'm filling up my Donner bag right now. I can't wait to use it next week. :woohoo:

Have a great trip! Enjoy your donner and my favorite resort WL!!!!!:woohoo:
Fill us in upon your return!

Mrs. Disney Ron

I just wanted to thank everyone for the tip on shoebuy. Both myself and my friend bought bags today! I had bought one this morning somewhere else for $52 but the color I wanted (avacado) was out of stock. I got it in aloe. I figure the family can find me in WDW that way!

Disney Ron (Mrs) :goodvibes I'll be there for free dinning :thumbsup2 Sept 18-22 at POP:banana: :banana:

To add to the donner discussion....I've already said how well it worked for our trip to the world in 2005 but I also wanted to add that I've used it for many other trips since then. Field trips, Conventions, Shopping trips...it's just a great overall bag to use. :thumbsup2

I got to stop reading these boards.

I ordered 2 baggallinis one for me and one for my daughter and she loves hers but I wasnt thrilled I read all threads on overland and broke down and ordered a placer-black and donner in slate/plum. I cant wait. I must added that shoe buy is a great site easy returns and the 2 bags cost less than 60 dollars. well worth 60 bucks if i can use it everyday

Disney Ron (Mrs) :goodvibes I'll be there for free dinning :thumbsup2 Sept 18-22 at POP:banana: :banana:

To add to the donner discussion....I've already said how well it worked for our trip to the world in 2005 but I also wanted to add that I've used it for many other trips since then. Field trips, Conventions, Shopping trips...it's just a great overall bag to use. :thumbsup2

Scrapperjill,
See you there! We will also be at the Pop Sept 15-22!:banana:
:hippie: Mrs. Disney Ron

I just ordered one in the red (picante) color. We usually use a backpack, but with dh not going this time I wanted something that would be comfy for just me.

I bought the donner a few weeks ago and I LOVE it! It is great to take to dd softball games and shopping. :yay:

I get to use it in WDW this week. We leave TUESDAY!!! :banana: :cool1:

Got my bag from shoebuy.com today. It's smaller than I thought, which is good (the pictures made it look huge!). 18 more days until I use it at WDW! :upsidedow

what is the fabric like and is there is an potential of "bleeding" of the colors onto clothes? I ordered the pincate (red) color and now wondering if there might be an issue with bleeding during the warm humid time at WDW.

what is the fabric like and is there is an potential of "bleeding" of the colors onto clothes? I ordered the pincate (red) color and now wondering if there might be an issue with bleeding during the warm humid time at WDW.

Fabric is heavy, similar to backpack fabric. I used my black Donner in April without any problem.:thumbsup2 I even got a little damp a couple of times.

Without a doubt the best travel purse I have ever used!:cheer2:

:bride: Mrs. Disney Ron

I ran around yesterday doing a bunch of errands and I was able to fit a large, double-canopy umbrella (about the size of my forearm) in my side pocket of my Donner yesterday...I didn't think it was going to fit!

Just got back from a week in AZ...hiking Sedona, malls, etc. I loved the space, water bottle holders and compartments for money, CC's, etc. it worked out so much better then a backpack! My only complaint was that when you put weight it down with water bottles, etc....the strap tends to cut into your shoulder (I was wearing tank tops). I'm going to try and make some kind of a velcroe strap cover for mine b/f Disney. Hope that helps!

Just got back from a week in AZ...hiking Sedona, malls, etc. I loved the space, water bottle holders and compartments for money, CC's, etc. it worked out so much better then a backpack! My only complaint was that when you put weight it down with water bottles, etc....the strap tends to cut into your shoulder (I was wearing tank tops). I'm going to try and make some kind of a velcroe strap cover for mine b/f Disney. Hope that helps!

Thank you for the review!

We're going to WDW in July and I've been trying to find a practical, comfortable bag that isn't too big. I apologize if this question has been asked before but is there enough room in the Overland to hold a lightweight windbreaker and a camera/case?

I think so. But then again it may depend on how small your jacket is and how big your camera is. I've managed to stuff my DSLR with zoom in mine. :goodvibes There's actually quite a bit of room in there. I picked mine up at REI...so if you happen to be lucky enough to have one of those near by...I'd stop in with my camera/case and jacket and try it out.

HEY...DisneyMom...I just noticed your from Washington :) I know washington's not that HUGE...so you must have a REI somewhere near by ;) Just kidding. But really if you do live near one...or plan to travel to an area that has one give it a try.

Thank you for the information scrapperjill. That's a good idea about visiting an REI store. When I go to downtown Seattle next, I'll try your suggestion! :thumbsup2

BTW, I'm assuming you're from Washington state, too, not Washington, D.C.! :)

That's right:thumbsup2 Just a couple hours West of Seattle ;) Matter of fact we're driving over tomarrow...we have a dinner downtown to attend:goodvibes

Hey All,

I ordered the baggallini bag which I received yesterday and am promptly returning today :laughing: I now ordered the Overland Donner Bag in the Chocolate Brown color and it looks much more suitable for me as it can be worn as a shoulder bag or over the body if you wish. I like a preference as I don't care much for the messenger sling type of bags (why did I order the other one I don't know) Anyway, I wanted to say thanks and I read through everyone's posts and I hope you all are right about the bag being perfect. I can't wait to get mine. I go on a cruise in 2 weeks and then Disney in August YAY!!!

Hey All,

I ordered the baggallini bag which I received yesterday and am promptly returning today :laughing: I now ordered the Overland Donner Bag in the Chocolate Brown color and it looks much more suitable for me as it can be worn as a shoulder bag or over the body if you wish. I like a preference as I don't care much for the messenger sling type of bags (why did I order the other one I don't know) Anyway, I wanted to say thanks and I read through everyone's posts and I hope you all are right about the bag being perfect. I can't wait to get mine. I go on a cruise in 2 weeks and then Disney in August YAY!!!

Dizprincess,
Glad the posts helped. Congrats on making a smart purchase. Your post had me laughing b/c I did the exact same error, and made the baggalini mistake first!:rotfl: Have a wonderful cruise, I am so jealous!;) Hope your bag arrives in time.

I use my Donner everyday and love it!:cheer2:

:bride: Mrs. Disney Ron

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter