Palo brunch favorites?

Brunch has such fabulous desserts already, but I hear all the talk about Palo's chocolate souffle; will they make one for you at brunch if you asked? DH and I always enjoy the dinners at the main dining room so much we always opt not to book dinner at Palo.

Brunch has such fabulous desserts already, but I hear all the talk about Palo's chocolate souffle; will they make one for you at brunch if you asked? DH and I always enjoy the dinners at the main dining room so much we always opt not to book dinner at Palo.
No. It's a dinner only option. Yes, people have asked. The answer is "no".

I have dairy and chocolate sensitivities. Not "lactose intolerant" but all forms of dairy. I also react to gluten but can eat in small quantity, for instance if flour is a minor ingredient. No bread, pasta, cake, etc. My reactions are not life-threatening so I can't claim a true allergy but reaction is very uncomfortable.

I want to book Palo brunch but fear that I won't have many food choices. Can anyone comment on eating at Palo with gluten, dairy and chocolate sensitivities.

I have dairy and chocolate sensitivities. Not "lactose intolerant" but all forms of dairy. I also react to gluten but can eat in small quantity, for instance if flour is a minor ingredient. No bread, pasta, cake, etc. My reactions are not life-threatening so I can't claim a true allergy but reaction is very uncomfortable.

I want to book Palo brunch but fear that I won't have many food choices. Can anyone comment on eating at Palo with gluten, dairy and chocolate sensitivities.

I had no issues with eating gluten-free in Palo. They have gluten-free flatbread for the breadsticks at dinner and for flatbreads at brunch. They have gluten-free soufflé (I know chocolate...I think amaretto) - but I don't know if it's dairy free (probably not is my guess) as I am not dairy free (nor, thank goodness, am I chocolate-free). There are chocolate-free options for dessert at brunch and dinner.

Definitely the cinnamon buns and the pizza! And now I can't wait for my cruise this week (doing both brunch and dinner at Palo)

This thread has been so informative. We'll be having brunch at Palo on Christmas Day! Should I assume the traditional menu or perhaps something different for the holiday. Either way, I am bringing "expando-pants!

Definitely the cinnamon buns and the pizza! And now I can't wait for my cruise this week (doing both brunch and dinner at Palo)
Just one note. The pizza is not on the "new" brunch menu. But some people have reported being able to still order it.

Just one note. The pizza is not on the "new" brunch menu. But some people have reported being able to still order it.

Has it changed again since Feb? There was pizza/flatbread on the menu. Not the grape and gorgonzola, but there was pizza/flatbread on the menu then.

Has it changed again since Feb? There was pizza/flatbread on the menu. Not the grape and gorgonzola, but there was pizza/flatbread on the menu then.
Well they have calzone "from our pizza stone oven" and flat breads.

But flat breads aren't really pizza.

Well they have calzone "from our pizza stone oven" and flat breads.

But flat breads aren't really pizza.
I'm hoping the spicy sausage flatbread is good. The picture you posted of the pizza they discontinued looks really, really good hopefully the flatbread is in the same ballpark.:)

Brunch vs Dinner- DW and I enjoyed dinner in Palo a few years ago. An amazing experience that was a very romantic date. I am curious why so many prefer brunch. While the food looks wonderful, I do not get excited about getting a little dressed up for a meal that early in the day while I am on a cruise. I would like to hear from those that have done both and choose brunch over dinner. Is it the menu (chicken parm seems to be almost everyone's favorite), is it because we all have dinner every day but brunch is a special thing, even on land, or is it something else? I hope to enjoy Palo again in about 16 months and wonder which meal I should choose.
For me, I prefer brunch because it doesn't interfere with our dinner time as a family. We really value or relaxed meal together in the evening, so brunch allows the adults to enjoy a nice quiet meal together while still maintaining that important family time.

It's been a while since I have had the pleasure to enjoy Brunch. I will be enjoying it once again a week from Thursday. Yeah!

I will report back my favorites!!!

I'm hoping the spicy sausage flatbread is good. The picture you posted of the pizza they discontinued looks really, really good hopefully the flatbread is in the same ballpark.:)

This is the gluten-free version - 1/2 sausage and 1/2 grape and gorgonzola. Excellent. Especially the sausage side. I know it's anathema on here, but the grape and gorgonzola was only so-so IMHO.

17017154_10154764018606321_341177015246695992_o.jpg

This is the gluten-free version - 1/2 sausage and 1/2 grape and gorgonzola. Excellent. Especially the sausage side. I know it's anathema on here, but the grape and gorgonzola was only so-so IMHO.

17017154_10154764018606321_341177015246695992_o.jpg
Most recently, the cheese has been described as "blue cheese" and grape. Not Gorgonzola. Minor, I know, but it could make a difference. I'm not a great fan of spicy, so it works for me.

Most recently, the cheese has been described as "blue cheese" and grape. Not Gorgonzola. Minor, I know, but it could make a difference. I'm not a great fan of spicy, so it works for me.

I have no clue. I didn't ask for it - my server asked if I was "adventurous" and surprised me with the half. It was ok, but I think if they ask if I'm adventurous on the Wonder (assuming I go for the gf flatbread), I'll politely thank them but decline if it was going to be that. :)

But bring me all the chilled strawberry soup you want!! :D

I have a gluttonous question... Can I order more than one thing off the menu at the brunch? I am torn about a couple and don't want to miss, but I didn't know if it was allowed... Thank you for your knowledge sharing. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter