Parenting Question

Goalies need to have a "screw loose" in the first place to want to stand in front of a net wearing very little pads and have a hard ball shot at them at very high speed. I think some of the respect from defensemen comes from that alone. I know DS14 has said "I love playing defense, but no way in heck are you getting me to stand in front of that ball".

We live in the south, so lacrosse is up and coming here too. It makes for an interesting spread of talent. You get some kids who have been playing for a long time and are really good, then on the same team (at least at the Rec level) you'll get a kid who is 13 and never played before. We really enjoy it overall and are glad our kids are playing. We very much want to let our boys play for the summer program, as it would be good exposure and higher level competition, but my money tree doesn't seem to be growing at the rate I'd like... :D

I have health problems & haven't felt like debating my opinion the past few days. I saw early on that people had quoted me in this thread, but I really didn't feel up to responding at the time. I tried to access the quotes tonight. Unfortunately, they no longer show up in my alerts. If you quoted me & feel the conversation is important enough to continue, please feel free to quote me again. I've only read through page 2 & don't fell up to reading the entire thread to see who may have quoted me. It's not my intention to ignore you, but I have days when I don't have the energy to debate my opinion.

My daughter was the hole digger :) Actually sat down and dug a hole! My other(in basketball) was the ponytail twirler.
Mine was a dolphin diver. She would push off the bottom of the pool and arc like a dolphin instead of just swimming. I’m sorry to say it happened well after the age of 4. She ended up a high school state finalist (best 24 girls in the entire state) and finalist at the Speedos multi state meet before turning in her swim goggles. In swimming I know she couldn't hear me yell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter