Pass It Forward Swap COMPLETE

mycutiepatooties

DIS Veteran
Disney Themed Pass It Forward Swap

This is swap is open. The dates for sign ups are Friday August 5th running until Wed. August 10th. Due date would be Friday Sept. 2nd. You do not make anything for this swap! You only need to sit down and sort through your swap stash. Because this swap is about trading items previously made here by our family of Dis board swappers, it is not open to newbies.

Do you have Disney themed items from previous DIS swaps that you know you just won’t get around to using? Do you have duplicates that are beautifully made, but you just don't need that many? Then this is the swap you have been waiting for. Go through your already made items and pull out what you know you won’t use or have a future need for. Sort your items and put them in groups of at least 5 (five) points and put them in a baggie. See listing below for points value of each item. I am using an established point system. If I am missing an item, just let me know.

Here are the rules:
1. Each baggie must be worth no less than 5 points. These items must be Disney related. This is to ensure the most use possible for the recipient. If you only need a few more things to fill a baggie, it's okay to add mats or tags that are not "Disney" related. Feel free to add extra items of other themes if you want to put in a little love and random acts of kindness.

2. Each baggie must be filled with useable items. No folded, crumpled, unglued work please. Yes, you may send items made from another board or ones you made for yourself if they meet the basic requirements of our swaps.

3. Each baggie does not have to have coordinating items inside, but it would be nice if you can. Baggies grouped by theme or park are nice if you can.

4. No store bought items please. Only handmade swap pieces allowed.

5. Limit of 10 baggies per swapper.

6. Please label the outside of ALL of your baggies with your DISname prominently. This is so I don’t send you back the items you were trading away.

7. You will get back the same number of baggies you send in.

8. Please send enough postage:
For a small flat rate envelope $5.20 that generally holds 5 baggies or less.
6 or more baggies will need $10.95 for a flat rate medium box return postage. Add $0.70 if you want Delivery Confirmation. Last yr. some swappers sent huge baggies (ranging from 15-60 points!!) stuffed with items and most people didn't send me enough postage to handle the return packages because they were not expecting to get back that much. If you plan to send stuffed baggies, send enough postage to get stuffed baggies back. If you send me alot, I'll try to give you bags back that are stuffed with alot.

9.These are due to me by Friday Sept. 2nd. I will have them swapped and mailed back out quickly.

10. Please PM me with your DISname, real name, address, email & phone number after sign ups.

Point Value System
.5 point - 1 Embellished square/Inchies
.5 point - 1 Bottlecap
.5 point - 1 Altered Paper Clip
1 point - 1 Tag, small
1 point - 1 Frame
1 point - 1 Photo Mat
1 point - 1 Journal Box
1 point - 1 Slide Mount
1 point - 1 File Folder, mini
1 point - 1 Matchbook, mini
1 point – 1 Altered Letter (4 inch or 2 inch)
1 point – 1 Quote/Poem/Lyric, plain
2 points – 1 Quote/Poem/Lyric, shaped or embellished
2 points - 1 Topper
2 points - 1 Border Set
2 points - 1 Tag, large
2 points - 1 Library pocket & Tag
2 points - 1 File Folder, medium/large
2 points - 1 Matchbook, medium/large
2 points - 1 Altered CD
2 points - 1 Shaker Box
2 points - 1 Paper Piecing, small (less than 3")
3 points - 1 Artist Trading Card (ATC)
4 points - 1 Paper Piecing, large (more than 3")
4 points - 1 complete title made using altered 2" letters

You do NOT need to give me the number of spots you want when you sign up. Please write the number of baggies you sent on your Self addressed postage label. I will write them down as I open the packages, but this will double check my work. To sign up you will simply need to indicate that you plan to participate when sign ups open.

List of players:

JJ&JHsmom RECEIVED
mommy2mrb RECEIVED
mycutiepatooties RECEIVED
Arizona Rita RECEIVED
disney-akj RECEIVED
AlexWyattMommy RECEIVED
DisneyIsTerrific RECEIVED
wdwmickey RECEIVED
MusicalDisneyDream RECEIVED
babs.ohio RECEIVED

never done this swap before....I'd have to look through my stash and see if there's anything I know I won't use, will let you know.

Yay!! As I have been organizing my scrap / swap stuff, I have been making a box of pass it forward items!

I might have a few items. I won't have too much though probably about 5 bags worth.

Definitely count me in. Already pulled my pieces. Just need to group, tag and ship! :banana:

went through my stash.... I have my baggies all ready to go.

I got some very cool paper piecings from this swap. Lots of usable items.

I'm in! But.... Shhhh, don't tell. I'm supposed to be swap free right now. Not really making anything so I guess it doesn't really count :rotfl2:

I'm in! But.... Shhhh, don't tell. I'm supposed to be swap free right now. Not really making anything so I guess it doesn't really count :rotfl2:

It doesn't count Danielle....yay happy your playing!

Traci I'm in too...already pulled, bagged and boxed up!

Me please!! Traci - since I never did this before...just want to be sure...bags are made up of at least 5 points value (do we label the bags with the points value?) and max is 10 bags, right?

Thanks so much Traci!

*pouts*
my nephew just went thur my extra - he loves playing with them
I'll have to see if there is anything that isn't damage and still there

Me please!! Traci - since I never did this before...just want to be sure...bags are made up of at least 5 points value (do we label the bags with the points value?) and max is 10 bags, right?

Thanks so much Traci!

Yes, you got it. If you want to put the point value on the bags, you can. But you don't have to. I typically go through and add them up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter