PhotoPass+ - Any One Done It?

crazy Cat Lady

Counting Down The Days The Next Trip.
I'm just all questions today!

Has anyone ordered and used the Photopass+ system from Australia?

I really like the idea of the Photopass+, but as we will be doing WDW at the very start of our trip and wont be back in Melbourne until 29 days from our first day in the parks, I was concerned about the 30 day time limit for editing and ordering.

I assume I'll be able to logon from somewhere in the USA within the 30 days and order the pics I want from the iPad. However, do they have editing tools built into their site so I can add bits?

Do they have to send a CD with the final photo selections, or can I download the pics that I want? If they do send a CD, is it extra cost to get it to us here?

Any hints and tips that those who have used it can share?

I really loved our ride photos from the last trip and want the ease of having them all without hauling them around the world with us. They are one of only a few that could actually prove that Crazy Cat Boy and I even know each other!! LOL. :rotfl2:

I have use the Photo Pass option several times and just love it. I know that for a flat fee you can have all your pics on the disc no matter how many there are. Last time I believe we had over 200. I believe You can purchase the disk at the park before you leave or at down town disney, But don't quote me on that...but I know you cant purchase from any internet connection within the 30 days
:cheer2:

We have pre purchased Photopass+ for the next trip. I'm not sure about the editing window, but the postage cost after the CD is completed is around US $11/12.

When we ordered it prior to the trip, it did take the full three weeks to get here, so make sure you give yourself plenty of time!

I've used the Photopass option on two prior trips. This time round, Disney is offering the Photopass Plus option, which I've also purchased.

As KylieH said, make sure you give yourself at least 3 weeks before the start of your trip to have the package delivered to you.

I *think*, from a very faulty memory, that once you download your pictures to your account, you have a further 30 days to play around with editing. Editing includes special borders, adding character signatures and also being able to save different versions of the pictures in the various print sizes. I remember being able to crop, move the position of the picture, and convert to black and white as features of the editing facility (in addition to the borders and signatures).

With the PP/PP+, once you have finished all your edits, just go and order the CD. I've been provided with a code that will probably place a credit on my account for the cost of the CD when the time comes (the credit used to be applied to the account in the past without the need for the code).

All your pictures on your account will be downloaded on the CD and shipped out to you. You don't need to do anything else other than order the CD. Make sure you've finished all your edits BEFORE you order the CD. International shipping fees apply (US$11 or $12).

I would recommend that you save the pictures you like in the various print sizes. That way, you will have the exact picture you wish to print in the exact size. Otherwise, the printing process may result in some of the picture being cut to fit.

I would also recommend that you work out a filesave system that works for you. That way, all the different variations of the original picture (remember to make sure you keep the original as well!) will be nicely grouped together.

I also remember that the editing facility was an absolute pain to deal with. It certainly wasn't very user friendly and I don't know if it has improved since 2010.

Hope this helps with your decision making.

We purchased this for our trip in May, I added it to my package so I didn't have to worry about it being posted in time as my voucher was in my welcome pack at the resort, but it does cost a little more to do it this way (something to do with taxes).

Yes you can download the photos instead of paying the $14 USD international shipping. We had 2 Zip files of just over 70 photos in each (we didn't go crazy). Your attraction photos are downloaded separately.

You have 30 days to claim your photos from when they were taken and then 30 days from claiming to edit and order.

If you're only interested in the attraction photos you could always look at getting Attractions+ when you're there instead of Photopass+, it is $44.95 USD and is just your attraction photos.

I also remember that the editing facility was an absolute pain to deal with. It certainly wasn't very user friendly and I don't know if it has improved since 2010.

It's exactly the same and still a pain. I gave up with the borders this time around since I don't ever print the photos with them anyway. I just made sure I re-sized my photos and cropped them ready for enlarging and printing at home.

I've just done photopass + at Disneyland (and it was fantastic and worth every penny, if you do character meals and like the ride photos) (and I've used regular photopass twice at WDW and twice at DL previously). Infact I'm just about to buy another one for the last two weeks of our trip.

So with photopass plus, you have two weeks to use it. But like the original photopass you have 30 days to claim those photos (the two weeks is included in that). So from the date your first photo was taken, it will stay on your card for 30 days. Within that 30 days you must go to the photopass website and once you claim your photos (enter the photopass card number) you have another 30 days to edit your photos.

You can also buy an extension if you wanted to so you have longer to play with them (and edit, make a photo book etc).

Thanks so much to you all, that is great info!

Shame the editing software is a bit clunky, but I'll live. I'm very happy to know that I can simply claim the pics while we are away and then edit when we get back. I was worried about that.

I'm waiting for mine to arrive at the moment. Can anyone tell me if it comes in Disney packaging?

I will have to get to the letterbox before the kids do if it does. It will ruin the surprise otherwise!

I'm waiting for mine to arrive at the moment. Can anyone tell me if it comes in Disney packaging?

I will have to get to the letterbox before the kids do if it does. It will ruin the surprise otherwise!

I can't remember! I think it might have been a standard box; but I don't remember if there was any address or identifying Disney marks on it.

Hopefully someone else might have a better memory than this old fogie.

My foggy memory is also saying it was plain packaging. But don't quote me on that.

I don't think anything I have received from Disney so far has been in memorable packaging.

No from memory it's not Disney packaging. I'm expecting mine any day. Will let you know if I get it before your's arrives. But I'm pretty sure it's plain white or brown cardboard and but it does have "Disney Photopass" on the sender sticker that's on the package from memory.

They say 14 business days on the website. Ours took 16 business days to arrive though. It was fantastic! Definitely worth the money.

I ordered mine on 9 August. I received an email on the 12 August saying it had been shipped. Hasn't arrieved as yet.

Will let you know when it gets here.

Hi just some information that you may find interesting. We purchased the photo pass plus for our trip to WDW and used it Sept/Oct 2012. Apart for the normal photos that you can get taken there is some with special effects. For example we asked the photographer at Epcot if he could do any special effects photos for us and we have some great photos with Minnie and Mickey digitally added to the photos. All you need to do is ask the photographer, it does help if they are not to busy. We also ordered some of the photos from the photo pass made up into disney magnets. They make fantastic presents and remind me of our trip every time I go to the fridge.

I just received my second Photopass + in today in the mail. It's in a plain brown package and on the address label it does have written in the corner Disney's photopass and their address, but it's just in black and white on the label, doesn't stand out .

Great! Not so worried now if the kids beat me to the letterbox!

Thanks everyone for reporting back.

I hope mine comes soon. We have 3weeks to go. I did get a shipping confirmation. That felt like over 2 weeks ago.

Ms Minnie, I ordered mine and it felt like it was taking forever to come. I emailed them and they said if it doesn't arrive in time than i can go to the photopass place and they will be able to give me everything i need there. So if it doesn't arrive just take your receipt and they'll be able to help you.

I just got mine and it is very plain packaging with a big label but it only has a spot with tiny writing that says disneyland pre purcased photo pass. It took me a while to find it written there so unless your kids investigate the package very closely they wouldn't know it was from disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter