PhotoPass+ - Any One Done It?

It's included in the price babysaurs, so if you go on space mountain 50 times you'll have 50 photos of you on space. What you have to do is after you ride and you see your pic on the screen, you have to walk up to the counter as if you're going to buy it and have them cast members put it on you card for you. it doesn't automatically go on. Also photos from dining places like goofy's kitchen go on to the card too.

So does that mean that you don't actually pay for any of the photos then? Only the pass and the disk after?
What about from the photographers the park you don't pay for them either?
Where do you get the book from?

Once you purchase you PP+, you take your voucher to the designated photo shop in either DL or DCA (which ever park you go to first). They will give you a special photo pass card (take a photo of the number on the back or write the number down and keep it someplace safe just in case you lose the card). Then you go about your day. When you see a photographer, marked on the map and at most character meet and greets, have them swipe your card and take your photos. All ride photos have to be added to the card. To do this, find your photo, make note of the number and then take it and your card to the register. They will add it. Character dining is the same as with meet and greets. When you get home, you follow the directions on the other voucher - log on to the site, make an account, put in you pp+ number and then you can edit your photos and then you can download them or have the cd sent to you.

There's a good super thread on the DL section (can't link it from my phone) but it talks about photo locations and special photos.

Hope that helps.

PhotoPass just announced a new expiry policy - you now have 45 days from when each photo is taken before it is deleted and a 15 day extension costs $20. Just wanted to make sure you had seen this. It pretty much means if you want all the photos on a cd you have to order it 45 days from when your first photo is taken.

Thank you so much for this info. I've been MIA due to work and have just popped back into this thread and the board as a whole, so I missed that announcement.

Can anyone tell me - we leave this Wed however have stilled no received our Pass+. According to my emails it was posted 14/9. Now if it doesnt show up do you think I could take all my printed out order / confirmations to the kiosk and exchange those for the card? Fingers crossed it arrives but just wanted to ask in case (I have also sent the Photopass section of Disney an email but not holding my breathe on getting a reply for another 24hrs).

Thank you

kyton said:
Can anyone tell me - we leave this Wed however have stilled no received our Pass+. According to my emails it was posted 14/9. Now if it doesnt show up do you think I could take all my printed out order / confirmations to the kiosk and exchange those for the card? Fingers crossed it arrives but just wanted to ask in case (I have also sent the Photopass section of Disney an email but not holding my breathe on getting a reply for another 24hrs).

Thank you

Yes, you can. Because you ordered at least 14 days before your trip if it doesn't arrive you can take email confirmation to the photo shop and they will sort it out for you. Other people have had success with this.

Thank you

This happened to me too. I emailed the DLR Photopass email and received a reply saying just take my confirmation email to the photo place and they'll sort it out. The man almost refused to give it to me but after also showing him the email from the Photopass Guest Relations he sorted me out, AND gave me another stock photo disk (my one had arrived the day of my flight so it just missed me). I don't know if he cancelled the order code in my first order, I never bothered to check.

We have never used photopass but decided to take the plunge this trip and just order one for our WDW portion of our trip.

I wish they had a pass for both parks like the Premier Passport is for annual passes.

It used to be both parks, I wonder if the trips were closer in time together it would work? Certainly our last trip to both parks, we used the one card and all photos came on the one CD. But the visits were back to back (this time we have a week between and it would push out our dates).

We did photopass + on our last trip, it was the best and so worth the money. I know you have to buy it 14 days prior to your trip but I cant read anywhere what the limit is for how far before your trip you can buy it. I want to buy it now for our Sept 2014 trip to get the expense out of the way, do you think it would be ok?

Tash, I think I bought mine in about July 2012 for our May 2013 trip. It had just been released from memory. I was worried they would increase the price or add postage to Aus, as it was such a good deal! No problem at all.

Tash, I think I bought mine in about July 2012 for our May 2013 trip. It had just been released from memory. I was worried they would increase the price or add postage to Aus, as it was such a good deal! No problem at all.

Thanks, I will get on and order mine now then.
One less bill to have to worry about :)

It used to be both parks, I wonder if the trips were closer in time together it would work? Certainly our last trip to both parks, we used the one card and all photos came on the one CD. But the visits were back to back (this time we have a week between and it would push out our dates).

I don't think it can work at all any more since Disney World uses a totally different site to Disneyland. You can't access ones photos on the others site. Perhaps when/if Disneyland gets My Disney Experience you'll be able to combine them again?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter