• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poll: Should all bus stops at resorts have lines?

Should all resort bus stops have lines?

• Total voters
The only place we've experienced lines have been at the values and they didn't seem to help. When we were at All Star Sports last spring, we were in what was already a rather long line when kids from a travel group kept going up to meet with their friends who were already in line. By the end they added at least 30-40 people to the middle of the line and pushed us back an entire bus. I also find the lack of benches and cover for the bus stops far more bothersome than the lack of a formal line at other resorts.

Having stayed several times now at both Deluxe and mods I've never experienced an issue getting onto a bus or people pushing or anything. And I can't recall anyone ever being left behind either.

We normally stay at a deluxe resort and never had a problem with the bus lines. People tend to get up from the benches when they see the bus approaching and no one seems to care much about who was where. I think if they put lines in for the buses it would look kind of tacky at these resorts

This has been my experience as well at deluxes and mods. But really they would have to completely redo the bus stop areas if they wanted to add lines at most of these resorts. The stops at places like POR/POFQ,CBR and even some of the deluxes with only one stop just aren't set up in a way to have room to set up a queue. And I think it would take away from the general relaxed feel that I love about these resorts.

This is the number one reason I rent a car, a situation where there is no set line waiting for the bus would stress me out to no end. I'd worry about people who got there later cutting in front of me, worry about missing a bus because of it, worry about me cutting people off on accident because I didn't see them/thought they might be waiting for a different bus, worry about me cutting people off ON PURPOSE because they're far away and if I don't a big group of other people will cut me off and make me miss the bus so I have to think about myself, worry about people I don't know cutting off other people I don't know (yes this is how my mind works), and worry about all of the conflicts that could potentially arise.

I, generally, like lines and orderly queues, but I've never been bothered by the bus situation at the mods and deluxes. I can't remember ever not getting on a bus that arrived either. Although, I ride public transportation daily and can't think of any situation In Real Life where there's ever been an orderly queue for a bus, so I guess I'm used to that. And, yes, standing in that line in the sun at the values is brutal.

So - I'll agree - they need to cover the queues at the values. It's ridiculous that they aren't.

I HAVE waited at a deluxe (AKL) - and not gotten on a bus because it filled up before me - including with people who got there after me. My significant other refuses to be aggressive about getting on a bus (though he will wait in a line) - and he just kept thinking everyone would get on. A large group came up late as the bus was loading and folks let them merge into the crowd - and guess what - we didn't make it.

I recently stayed at POFQ - and they have only the one centralized area for buses out front (two stop areas, though). It would be hard to re-construct that to put in lines - but it would be do-able. We did have a pretty angry mob the one morning trying to get to HS because it had been so long since there was a bus for that park there. Some folks did not make it on the bus. I admit - I was not super polite and managed to get on the bus - but that's only because I behaved poorly. I really don't like behaving that way. I'm great with first-come, first-served - I'm totally polite about that. But without a line - I don't know who that is.

I do think they need lines at the deluxes and the mods with only one stop area. For the mods with several stops - POR, CBR, CSR - I don't think they are needed since it spreads out folks - and if you don't want to be at the last stop - you can walk to another one that boards earlier if you want.

This has been my experience as well at deluxes and mods. But really they would have to completely redo the bus stop areas if they wanted to add lines at most of these resorts. The stops at places like POR/POFQ,CBR and even some of the deluxes with only one stop just aren't set up in a way to have room to set up a queue.

That's why I've always thought the Mods/Luxes don't have designated lines-there just isn't room-multiple Parks pick up at the same stop unlike the Values who have designated stops for each Park.

I don't know, I don't really feel like the lines are needed at least not at deluxe resorts (I haven't stayed moderate or value), in every situation I've been in to use public transportation outside of WDW I've never seen lines form, you just wait at the bus stop, or subway/train platform, etc. for your ride and then you just board it doesn't matter who was there first or whatnot, I've never seen someone waiting on public transportation say "Hey I was waiting here first, I should get on first" but maybe that's just my experience.

I usually sit and wait for a bus at Disney, when I see my bus coming I get up and make my way to the curb, I take notice of who was standing ahead of me and beside me at the curb (if anyone) and offer for them to go ahead of me then I board and say "thank you" to those who wait for me to board before them. If someone wants to push and shove to get on a bus I normally will back down because I'm just not in that big a hurry to push back and make a stink about it, I have to say I find that behavior few and far between at the resorts, or maybe I've just had good luck with buses at Disney!

Personally I feel that they all should have lines.

When I walk up to a bus stop at a value resort I walk into the line and wait. If someone else would like to sit down that is their choice but I'm gonna be in the line rain or shine tired or not because I want to get on that bus.
A few years ago my friend and I were at POP and it was raining. We had ponchos on and got in the bus line where no one else was waiting. Then when the bus came people that were sitting under the roofed area ran up without getting in the line and yelled at us that they were there before us so they should get on first. We found that ridiculous.

When I've stayed at a moderate I walk up and I stand near where the buses will pull up because again I want on that bus.
If anyone else wants to sit that is their choice.
I don't really like how there's not designated park areas at the bus stops at moderates because you're there wondering who all is going on what bus.

I like lines because it designates an area for each park and you can see how many people are going to each park to know if you're likely to be sitting, standing, or waiting for the next bus.

It just feels disorganized without clear lines.

We have all seen it happen. Someone is patiently waiting in the background at a bus stop at their resort. When the bus finally arrives, those that showed up to the bus stop long after they did gets on the bus before it fills up only to leave those that have been waiting longer to wait for the next bus.

I realize many times there is enough room for everyone so this isn't an issue. Although at busy times it certainly does happen. What do you think? Should there be lines at all resort bus stops just like there are lines at the bus stops when leaving the parks to return to resorts?

No way. I like being able to sit, instead of standing in yet another queue. I have stayed at moderate resorts many many times, and have yet to witness people pushing to get on a bus. And that includes times such as the 4th of July and Spring Break. Never had a problem, think it is blown way out of proportion.

Really? So the elderly, pregnant, etc that got up early to get a better seat has to stand on the bus because of the later arrival that stands on the curb?

There is no guarantee of a seat anyway. Not unless you are at the very first bus stop at a moderate resort, and those are subject to change. And yes, if you are sitting and someone chooses to stand, then you are behind them to board. If you are sitting you are not in line. And it is not practical or logical to think we are all going to scope out the stop and try and remember who was there in front of us, and then watch everyone to see if they are getting up for a certain bus.

We aren't rope drop people & we don't cut our timing so close that we need to actually catch a bus by a certain time or miss an ADR or FP+. The last several years we've stayed at AKL, YC, BW, GF, and Poly.
When I walk up to the bus stop at my resort if there's an empty spot on a bench I'll take it (love GF - lots of benches :).) As I wait I kind of notice who was there before me & who arrives afterwards. When my bus shows up I get up and move towards the curb, if someone who was there before me is behind me as the bus door opens I ask if they'd like to board first (as I saw them waiting when I arrived.) I've had the same courtesy extended to me by others.
In my mind the relaxed polite approach works fine & just because some one shows up last minute and hovers at the curb doesn't give them first dibs on boarding.
I can't think of a time where people cutting has created an issue at the resort - not to say I haven't seen it happen, but never to the point were I didn't get a seat which I otherwise would have secured. I wait in lots of lines at WDW, I have no desire to wait in another one at my resort.
Indeed, the times I've been irritated about bus boarding is when I'm waiting in a line & someone is 'holding a place' for their 12 family members or the Disney IPAD people suddenly switch where the line is & everyone rushes over w/ those in the back crowding to the front (DS I'm looking at you.) It's like if you have a place in a line you feel you have earned an interest in that spot & when your priority in the line is somehow changed it brings on the irritation/territorial reaction, whereas w/ the resort bench/casual approach there's no real priority being created so you don't feel as vested in when you are 'supposed' to board.

I don't see why they can't set up our MB to scan us as checked in for a bus and then we scan again to get on. Some sort of way to give us a number for getting on the bus. I have seen big crowds waiting for a park bus at a resort where not everyone makes it in the bus. And I am sure some who just strolled up got on before those waiting a long time. And I am DVC so this is at DVC/deluxe resorts.

I don't see why they can't set up our MB to scan us as checked in for a bus and then we scan again to get on. Some sort of way to give us a number for getting on the bus. I have seen big crowds waiting for a park bus at a resort where not everyone makes it in the bus. And I am sure some who just strolled up got on before those waiting a long time. And I am DVC so this is at DVC/deluxe resorts.

Like a deli ticket? Then line up in a way similar to Southwest. "I've got #7, you have 6 so I guess I'm behind you!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter