Pop Century Room Renovations

From those who have stayed in New rooms, no. You can request an unrefurbished room but no way to guarantee one. It truly is only a request.

Thanks for the reply. Which section would be best to ask for (not refurbished, standard, close to classic hall)?

I just booked a standard room for late October. Does a regular, twin air mattress fit in the renovated rooms? If not,which section should I request to guarantee a non renovated, standard room (as close to Classic Hall as possible)? Thanks!

If you request a room in the 50's or 60's for late October, those rooms will not be renovated and your air mattress should fit.

I just booked a standard room for late October. Does a regular, twin air mattress fit in the renovated rooms? If not,which section should I request to guarantee a non renovated, standard room (as close to Classic Hall as possible)? Thanks!

I think 50's would be a good request for wanting a old style room close to Classic Hall. While there is a chance that they cant grant your request and you will get to spend your vacation singing "there were 10 in the bed and the little one said, I'm crowded roll over. So they all rolled over and 1 fell out" I think that your chances should be fairly good since most people seem to be asking or refurbished rooms and there are still more old-style rooms in the inventory than refurbished.

I think 50's would be a good request for wanting a old style room close to Classic Hall. While there is a chance that they cant grant your request and you will get to spend your vacation singing "there were 10 in the bed and the little one said, I'm crowded roll over. So they all rolled over and 1 fell out" I think that your chances should be fairly good since most people seem to be asking or refurbished rooms and there are still more old-style rooms in the inventory than refurbished.

Thank you so much! :)

Is there any info on what order the buildings are being renovated? Will they continue to work from 90-50s in order? I'm booked in a preferred pool room in mid-April and am wondering if I should keep that or switch to preferred or standard for the best chance of getting queen beds:).

I scrolled through several pages and could not find the answer but if the topic has been discussed previously I apologize and and if you could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you!

Is there any info on what order the buildings are being renovated? Will they continue to work from 90-50s in order? I'm booked in a preferred pool room in mid-April and am wondering if I should keep that or switch to preferred or standard for the best chance of getting queen beds:).

I scrolled through several pages and could not find the answer but if the topic has been discussed previously I apologize and and if you could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you!

I don't know for sure, but I think they are going from 90s-50s.

Nobody knows the exact order they will be refurbishing the rooms but so far they have been moving in a clockwise direction.

The building that is currently being worked on is building 10 and it has preferred rooms in it. By April there is a good chance that 1 or 2 more buildings may be open that also have preferred rooms.

For those upon check in that don't get a room they "like" when you go to the front desk to change do the CMs give multiple alternate options that you can pick from or they just assign something closer to your request? For example, if arriving there are no refurb rooms will they provide a few alternates that may at least be closer to bus or lake view if that is your back up choice? my 60 days out is nearing and only one of 70's buildings is even being worked on so my hopes that the entire 70's would be ready mid December are lowering and I want to have some other options in mind. I really want a coffee maker above all based on DH need and lack of morning person

I just made a one night reservation for 4/7/18 for a preferred room, as well. I asked about this and the agent said that most of the renovations should be done by then and she noted that I'm requesting a renovated room on our reservation. I guess time will tell. I won't be devastated if we don't get it since it's just for one night. We shall see.

For those upon check in that don't get a room they "like" when you go to the front desk to change do the CMs give multiple alternate options that you can pick from or they just assign something closer to your request? For example, if arriving there are no refurb rooms will they provide a few alternates that may at least be closer to bus or lake view if that is your back up choice? my 60 days out is nearing and only one of 70's buildings is even being worked on so my hopes that the entire 70's would be ready mid December are lowering and I want to have some other options in mind. I really want a coffee maker above all based on DH need and lack of morning person

Depends on how many open rooms they have. Sometimes we've been given options and sometimes one alternative.

hey y'all! got back on Monday, still trying to adjust to real life. we had a renovated room that was beautiful! Room 7114 near the lake.
Just a couple of things i wanted to note:

A) The sides of the bed stick all the way out and are very painful when bumped into. i have bruises on both legs.

B) The beds are VERY comfortable. there were times i didn't want to wake up.

C) The floors get dirty very fast. we asked mouse keeping to sweep them daily.

D) the room is tight when the bed is down. we put the luggage next to the tv and the stroller next to the sink.

E) construction workers were there from 7 am till about 6 pm daily.

I think the 60's will be the last since it will impact the main pool the most, and a lot of those rooms are preferred, so they want to keep them available as long as possible.

I think they will continue in the clockwise direction.

Right now, the 70's parking lot is set up like a construction zone. All their equipment/materials are currently stored there. At some point when they are partially through refurbishing building 6 (in the 70's), they will start refurbishing a new building. It doesn't make sense for them to all of a sudden move to a 50's building when all of the building materials are still in the 70's parking lot and easily accessible to building 5 (in the 60's). Once the 70's are completely finished, I imagine they'll move everything to the 60's parking lot.

I booked a trip for the end of February/beginning of March. What is the best building for me to request in order to be as close to the lobby/busses as possible AND get a renovated room? (I realize nothing is definite but trust the opinion of the disboards folks enough to go with that!)

I think the 60's will be the last since it will impact the main pool the most, and a lot of those rooms are preferred, so they want to keep them available as long as possible.

I can see them continuing in a clockwise direction as they have been, both for the reasons @Disneylover99 mentioned and also I can see them working around the main pool in the cooler months when less people (ecpxcept us crazy Canadians) choose to swim.

I can see them continuing in a clockwise direction as they have been, both for the reasons @Disneylover99 mentioned and also I can see them working around the main pool in the cooler months when less people (ecpxcept us crazy Canadians) choose to swim.
Never thought of it that way. I just assumed they would want their preferred rooms available till the last moment.

I mentioned something similar. Except I think the 60s will be done in the coolest weather when there's less use of the pool. So maybe in January-February. ???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter