Pop Century Room Renovations

Right now we have a preferred room booked at Pop and we arrive on Nov 26. I would love a preferred room but I guess our only chance of that would be if bldg 10 was finished. Any opinions on that? Also, do they close the whole building at once or just a section of it?

If we really wanted a refurbed room, would they let us downgrade?
They close the whole building off at once.

I think people have had both experiences with downgrading. Some were able to and others were not. It may just depend on what they have available and which CM you happen to talk to.

ETA...I did find it annoying this year that pretty much all that was available for SPD was the most expensive rooms at the resorts.
Promotions are offered to fill rooms. Apparently no incentive is needed to get guests to book the less expensive rooms.

I can confirm that they are very comfortable, when I went back home I actually longed for the murphy bed.
Ditto. Both beds felt exactly they same-they were both awesome. When I got home I missed the the beds and started thinking about getting whatever mattress they had. Then my son asked me if I could buy him the Disney bed for home...

Careful-sleeping on a Pop Murphy bed may make you buy anew mattress...or two.

Right now we have a preferred room booked at Pop and we arrive on Nov 26. I would love a preferred room but I guess our only chance of that would be if bldg 10 was finished. Any opinions on that? Also, do they close the whole building at once or just a section of it?

If we really wanted a refurbed room, would they let us downgrade?

We were able to downgrade, but I called ahead of time and the CM called the Pop back office and told them I would rather have standard than standard pool view. I was adding a night prior to our existing reservation for a standard room, standard pool view was all that was available but we wanted standard so we hopefully wouldn't have to move. It's just a request like any other though and not guaranteed. If you really want a refurbed room and standard is available, your best bet would probably be to modify your reservation and call and make refurbed room your number one request.

Ditto. Both beds felt exactly they same-they were both awesome. When I got home I missed the the beds and started thinking about getting whatever mattress they had. Then my son asked me if I could buy him the Disney bed for home...

Yes they were so comfy! That was the best sleep I have had in a while.

I was in need of a new matress anyway. My parents had one in their spare bedroom for my gpa that is extra firm and I think putting a foam topper on it will make it just right. I'm going to do that tonight. But I would LOVE a murphy bed too.

We were able to downgrade, but I called ahead of time and the CM called the Pop back office and told them I would rather have standard than standard pool view. I was adding a night prior to our existing reservation for a standard room, standard pool view was all that was available but we wanted standard so we hopefully wouldn't have to move. It's just a request like any other though and not guaranteed. If you really want a refurbed room and standard is available, your best bet would probably be to modify your reservation and call and make refurbed room your number one request.
What number do you call to speak to someone directly at Pop? I would like to call and make my request but I know general reservations is not the best number to call. Thanks!

What number do you call to speak to someone directly at Pop? I would like to call and make my request but I know general reservations is not the best number to call. Thanks!

There isn't one. Actually your best bet IS to call the Main Reservations line and add your requests to your reservation. Then when your reservation is moved to the room assignors at Pop, it's included with the other details like room type, length of stay, etc.

There isn't one. Actually your best bet IS to call the Main Reservations line and add your requests to your reservation. Then when your reservation is moved to the room assignors at Pop, it's included with the other details like room type, length of stay, etc.
Can't hurt to ask, that is for sure.

But, be aware, it doesn't always work. I have always called and put in my requests. Sometimes they have me set-up with the exact opposite of my requests!

Any news on building 10 :rolleyes1:flower1:

I understand those arriving soon are excited to hear when building 10 will open, the number of days it's been closed is still on the low side of the average number plus, many have reported that there was more extensive renos done to building 10 due to previous water damage.

Hoping it will be soon but only time will tell.

Can't hurt to ask, that is for sure.

But, be aware, it doesn't always work. I have always called and put in my requests. Sometimes they have me set-up with the exact opposite of my requests!

Thats what I got originally-the opposite of my requests. Nothing about the room they assigned me room was what I was hoping for. My requests on the website at online check-in were 80's or 90's and on touring plans I choose a room in the 80's, first floor, near classic hall, and in comments I write that I wanted a refurbished room above all else but if that wasnt possible I would like one near transportation. Well... the put me in the 70's out by the lake on the second floor. Not even remotely close to my request.

This map shows where I requested a room, the room they actually assigned me, and where I ended up after I asked to moved when a refurbished room opened up.

pop may comment.jpg

Thats what I got originally-the opposite of my requests. Nothing about the room they assigned me room was what I was hoping for. My requests on the website at online check-in were 80's or 90's and on touring plans I choose a room in the 80's, first floor, near classic hall, and in comments I write that I wanted a refurbished room above all else but if that wasnt possible I would like one near transportation. Well... the put me in the 70's out by the lake on the second floor. Not even remotely close to my request.

This map shows where I requested a room, the room they actually assigned me, and where I ended up after I asked to moved when a refurbished room opened up.

View attachment 277831

Wow that's not even close. How long did you wait to be moved.

I went to the lobby that day and told them that I would like to be moved and she suggested that each morning I come down and ask if anything was open. I went down the very next morning before we went to the park-around 8:30- and asked if anything had opened up and was told that a room was open f I could be ready to move in quickly. I said I would be packed and ready in 10 minutes, which was easy since I hadnt unpacked and had only been in my other room for like 14 hours. They moved my stuff while I was at the parks and they texted me my new room assignment that morning. I when I left Epcot that night after illuminations I went directly to my new room and my magic worked fine and all of my stuff was there waiting for me like this:

IMG_0057.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter