Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter Room Request Fax Thread

Well, I sent my fax hoping to be close to the main building so we wouldn't have to walk far when we get in at midnight...we're room 3761, about as far from the beginning as you can get.

That said, when I did online check in, I opted for a second floor, corner unit, so they may have overridden a request because of that.

I realized my bag is ridiculously heavy and I won't be able to get it up the stairs to the room - I tried calling to see if they could change my room to something on the first floor and their response was, "Oh, bell services can help you." :/

I called back for the room assignment team and had it changed to a room in Acadian House on the 3rd floor. Not a river view or anything, but at least it'll have an elevator.

Last edited:
I know you probably answered this a hundred times but ... We arrive next Friday:banana::banana:, what day is the best to send my fax?

I need to request a Pack N' Play for my niece. Would I be able to request that at the 60 day mark for online check-in or do I have to request it when we arrive to the resort?

Thanks!

I tried to send a fax and "got free fax" said that they would send me an email confirmation with a link that I needed to click before it would send...never got the email in my inbox or spam...that was 3 hours ago...should I resend and resubmit the fax? Has this happened to anyone else before?

I tried to send a fax and "got free fax" said that they would send me an email confirmation with a link that I needed to click before it would send...never got the email in my inbox or spam...that was 3 hours ago...should I resend and resubmit the fax? Has this happened to anyone else before?

If you're not sure it went through, I would go to a Fedex Kinkos just to be sure.

I need to request a Pack N' Play for my niece. Would I be able to request that at the 60 day mark for online check-in or do I have to request it when we arrive to the resort?

Have it noted on your original reservation, as you can't add it via Online Checkin. You could also mention it if you send in a faxed request about 3-5 days before your arrival.

Andre

Sorry if we should already know this... Have royal rooms booked for December. Two little ones so would like to be close to bus stops or boat and whatever else. Heard to ask for building 90? Any other ideas, what else to request? And when do I send the fax- where too- and what format?

Has anyone faxed recently? Just wondering if the process is still as viable as it once was. Thanks in advance.

We'll be leaving in 3.5 weeks (SO EXCITED!) and are staying at POR. First time travelling to WDW with the children, and my first time staying at anything but a value, i am super excited!
When booking (a LONG time ago), i had not yet done my research into the resort and didn't think room placement was that important. Now having done my research, i am a little worried about having a "standard" view room and want to send a request in advance of travel. What do you think the chances are of being upgraded if i make a room request? I am not sure whether i should request a preferred room, or a river view. At this point, if i have to pay the extra to stay in a preferred or room with a view, i don't care...just wondering if there is a hope ;)
Thanks in advance!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

***DISCLAIMER - Keep in mind that room requests are just that, requests. NOT promises set in stone. That aside the room assignment team will do what they can to show you as much magic as they can. So Please be patient with it. Not Ever Fax gets a confirmation email or fax back.

***DISCLAIMER 2 - I always tell guests they should change the fax as much as possible to reflect their visit. Not to use it to expect anything they should not deserve. Example of expecting upgrades for free or something they didn't pay for. My Fax is designed for the guest that need special requests originally like special cleaning requirements because of someones medical needs, or Someone traveling with another family and they want to be as close as possible to each other. So I do not condone the use to try to get free upgrades but hinting that your celebrating something and just would like to be in a certain area is what My room fax was intended for.

And most of all relax, your at Disney World!

***Tip #1 I suggest for the newley refurbed rooms is go to Target or Walmart, and buy one of these hanging closet organizers seen in the pic below. They have different sizes for even more shelves and use these to store your folded clothes in not the shelves. Take it from my advice would you want to put your clothes in drawers someone else put their underware and other stuff in? Plus you don't know if you had a situation like I did where something was crawling in our dresser drawers.

Here is what the organizers look like:
13051003_265x265.jpg
Thanks for this idea. I have one of these at home I will take with us. I never put things in the hotel dressers.

Just for the record, we never fax, only request by phone, and and usually get our first choice of building in POR/POFQ. I booked via Orbitz last trip at POR, requested building 16 and corner room, and got building 17 and corner room. Unfortunately the pathway to the bus stop was under construction so the walk was a bit longer than expected. Not sure if they are still doing work there.

Hi! I'm really hoping this hasn't been covered so sorry in advance if it has! We have a group heading down in 2 weeks and we will be in 5 rooms, all booked through a certain travel agency that I'm pretty sure can't be mentioned. The rooms are all standard view. I noted our room requests with the travel agent for our room and one other that I arranged (also noting that I realized all/some of it might not be possible). I'm not sure if the rest of the group had it noted on theirs. I can't remember if I mentioned that we needed both a pack and play and bed rails.

So now, I'm assuming this got put on the reservation but not sure what order it was listed (our priority would be first floor, then close to group and then close to bus stop). Should I take a chance and fax? And I can safely do online check in without messing anything up right??

I hope that wasn't too confusing! Thanks for any help!!

Yes, ensure that all of the bookings are flagged as linked on the booking system (sadly you'll probably have to trust your TA to do this). Then do your online checkins as soon as you get a chance. Then FIVE days out send a fax reconfirming that all these rooms are a linked group, and which pairs of rooms you would like to connect if possible. For five rooms, they will almost certainly pre-block them a few days out, so your fax should help them try to find you something suitable.

Andre

Thank you so much Andre! I've confirmed with the TA and did the online checkins...just have to start drafting the fax! The travel agent did say that the hotel is sold out that week so it might be tough but fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter