Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter Room Request Fax Thread

Do you think it would be a reasonable request to request a room with a single King Bed? I understand a king bed room is a booked category at the POFQ. Is it worth a try to request one when I do my faxed request later?

Well it can't hurt to ask. Mention that you are aware it is a different category, but let them know that if there are any unbooked at the time of your arrival you would love the extra space.

Andre

We are checking in on September 9th and staying through the 16th. We are celebrating my daughter's fifth birthday. We chose POR due to the Royal Rooms as our princess loves Tiana. Unfortunately under the free dining promotion those rooms have been booked. (There are some available, just not more for that promo). We don't want to and can't lose that dining package, but my daughter has her heart set on a RR. She sings about it. I've called every week trying to find one that might have been cancelled with no luck. Is there any chance of getting on through fax request? I will be broken hearted to let my little girl down when she just has her heart set on a Princess Tiana room. :(

Thank you!

Well there's a chance you could get upgraded, but don't set your heart on it. It all depends on how sold-out the resort is, but Sept 9th is traditionally a pretty quiet time - unless the free dining offer has had a real impact anyway.

I would suggest being straight with them in your fax (send it 5 days out) and say that you tried to book a RR in the first place but the system kept saying none were available for the dining plan offer, and that you've been re-checking ever since in case anything came up. Ask them if there's any chance that any Royal Rooms have become available in the meantime, and mention about your daughter having fallen in love with them from the photos and how it would really make the vacation extra special for her. Offer to pay any difference in price (although it's unlikely they will actually charge you). You can ask again when you arrive at the front desk.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Andre

Well there's a chance you could get upgraded, but don't set your heart on it. It all depends on how sold-out the resort is, but Sept 9th is traditionally a pretty quiet time - unless the free dining offer has had a real impact anyway.

I would suggest being straight with them in your fax (send it 5 days out) and say that you tried to book a RR in the first place but the system kept saying none were available for the dining plan offer, and that you've been re-checking ever since in case anything came up. Ask them if there's any chance that any Royal Rooms have become available in the meantime, and mention about your daughter having fallen in love with them from the photos and how it would really make the vacation extra special for her. Offer to pay any difference in price (although it's unlikely they will actually charge you). You can ask again when you arrive at the front desk.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Andre

Thank you so, so much. I faxed the letter below today. Does it sound okay? Today is 7 days out and I would not have access to a fax this weekend plus I've read not to send on a Monday and feared Tuesday would be too late. I hope that is okay. Thank you so much.

Thank you again!

Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort

Attention: Room Assigner

(407) 934-5777

Date: September 2, 2016

Hello!

My family is getting ready to check in for our second trip to Disney World! This is a very exciting time for us because our daughter will be turning five and she will be old enough to remember and enjoy this trip!

We have made some reservation requests which are noted in our reservation. If our below request is unavailable, we would love to keep the requests that are noted there.

Our daughter, Addison, is a true princess at heart. From the time she was old enough to recognize them, she has been in love with the Disney princesses. Tiana is her favorite. During our last stay, we stayed at Pop Century and loved it! We chose to upgrade to your resort at Port Orleans in hopes of a Royal Guest Room. We have called religiously and not been able to upgrade to one of these rooms due to they are all full under the free dining promotion by trying to modify online or by phone. We do not want to lose that promotion. We have noticed there are some Royal Guest Rooms still available for booking, just not under the free dining. We would love it if we could possibly upgrade to one of these beautiful rooms. Our Addison is convinced she is going to be staying in a princess room and it would mean the world to this mother to make that dream of hers come true, especially for her birthday.

If could accommodate this request, it would mean the world to us for our daughter and truly make her birthday the best yet. She sings about going to her Royal Room.

Thank you so much for your consideration,

I might have skipped the bit about "we noticed some RRs were available but not in the discount offer", but instead say that each time you called you were told there was no RR availability, adding that if any RRs do become available before your arrival you'd be happy to pay for the upgrade - but otherwise that sounds great. Good luck!

Andre

I might have skipped the bit about "we noticed some RRs were available but not in the discount offer", but instead say that each time you called you were told there was no RR availability, adding that if any RRs do become available before your arrival you'd be happy to pay for the upgrade - but otherwise that sounds great. Good luck!

Andre

Oh no. I didn't think too much about it when I wrote it. Thank you so much for your reply. Should I resend it with that wording changed or just leave it alone? Today is 7 days out. I was afraid to send Sunday or Monday. Thank you again.

No, don't send it twice, you'll start to look desperate! :) Leave it with them and keep your fingers crossed.

If you find you haven't been assigned a RR when you check in (look for room numbers starting 90xx or 95xx) ask them again and say that you have been trying for a while, but if any RRs happen to have become available in the meantime you'd be more than happy to pay for an upgrade. Gently ask them to check with the back office room assignment team if the front desk CM says they can't find anything on the system.

Andre

Sorry about that, I guess it was always a long-shot that they'd give you a free upgrade. What did they say at the front desk when you asked again, I assume they are pretty full?

Andre
Yes, I was hopeful but didn't expect it. I was disappointed that none of my requests were met at all (higher floor, corner room). We are stuck in a connecting room on the first floor that is loud next door and above. I was super nice to the desk staff and the lady didn't even pretend to care. Diminished the magic. :( Makes me wish my four grand had been spent elsewhere.

Diminished the magic. :( Makes me wish my four grand had been spent elsewhere.

That's a shame - did you ask if at least the upper floor corner room request could be fulfilled? Unless you were checking in really late I can't see how that could have been hard to find. Did they refer to the back office team, or just look on the computer for currently ready rooms?

Andre

That's a shame - did you ask if at least the upper floor corner room request could be fulfilled? Unless you were checking in really late I can't see how that could have been hard to find. Did they refer to the back office team, or just look on the computer for currently ready rooms?

Andre
Thank you. I'm fairly sure they consulted with the back office. She came back and said sorry no. We were here at 10 am and that's sort of what we thought as well. :(

At 10am there MUST have been something that at least matched with your simple regular Garden View requests, especially if you didn't need your room there-and-then. Someone didn't try very hard I suspect. If you felt the CM was particularly unhelpful, rather than just unable to help, it might be worth popping back to the POR front desk on Saturday morning and ask to have a word with the room inventory manager, and just mention your experience (not about the RR, but the other stuff).

Andre

First time POR visitor working on our room request fax for our trip in two weeks! Trying to decide how specific to be and what I actually want! :) We have 2 standard rooms booked (5 adults and 2 children), and I know we want to be in the mansions area, top floor, in as quiet of a spot as possible (we are light sleepers!). How advantageous is a corner room in your opinion? I don't want to overdo the requests and lessen our chances of getting our top priorities. If we request mansions area, it looks from the map like we will be in either Acadia or Magnolia buildings... are both fairly equal to you? Do I really need to request close to bus stop since it looks like both the mansion buildings are fairly close to a bus stop? This is the request I am considering:
1) Mansion building
2) Top floor
3)Quiet location (away from elevator or other noisy area)
4) Connecting (not adjoining) rooms
Debating whether I should add the corner room request or leave it be. Any other requests you think are important ones? Thanks so much!

A corner room just has an extra window, and both rooms aren't going to be corners anyway if they're also connected. I wouldn't add any more to your request since you already have 4 things on it.

ETA: I just checked the map at portorleans.org that shows the booking category for every room in POR and POFQ, and there are only 12 standard rooms each in Magnolia Bend and Acadian House (the two buildings that are mansion rooms) that are on the top floor and connected, so just those 3 requests (mansions, top floor, connected) plus your booking category have narrowed your options down quite a bit.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter