Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

UGH- SW changed my July flight yet again. First moved it up with a better arrival time but now changed it to a layover. Did not get a notification. Going to wait it out until Disney makes an opening decision and may move the trip up a day
Bummer
They switched mine once already. Just got the red banner again yesterday. Awaiting the new changes........

was anyone able to convert their travel funds to rapid reward points yet? I wonder if that will be a reasonable exchange rate (I would be willing to sacrifice a few points for the flexibility of points instead of funds.

Southwest will finally soon be onboard with most other airlines, with requiring employees and customers to wear face masks/coverings.

Here’s where you come in
  • It is highly encouraged to bring your own hand sanitizer and mask, and to wear your mask while traveling. Face coverings or masks will be required for Customers starting May 11. If you forget your mask at home, one will be available for you.
  • Download your mobile boarding pass prior to arrival to limit the amount of exchanges you make with others. We recommend using the Southwest® Airlines app. You can download the app here.
  • Arrive at the airport earlier to allow for new check-in and security processes.
  • Hand sanitizer is available at the check-in kiosks, ticket counters, and gates. Wipes will be available for Customers onboard.
  • Maintain physical spacing at the airport and onboard.
  • We are not serving snacks or beverages inflight to limit personal contact. We recommend eating before you travel.
  • Please stay home and do not fly if you feel sick or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. As always, you can change* or cancel** your flight without a fee.
icon-swa-mask.png

Equipping Employees
  • Our Customer-facing Employees are required to wear masks.
  • We’re cleaning the ticket counters, gates, and baggage claim areas multiple times a day.

Southwest will finally soon be onboard with most other airlines, with requiring employees and customers to wear face masks/coverings.
I wonder what they will do about boarding, since their boarding process puts people on top of each other while they wait. I don't have any SW booked right now, but will be curious to hear how it's going to work.

I wonder what they will do about boarding, since their boarding process puts people on top of each other while they wait. I don't have any SW booked right now, but will be curious to hear how it's going to work.
They could call one person at a time, one number at a time/ recommend entire family groups get up together to speed up process.

Has anyone flown with SW recently? I'm not leaving my house much but they must have certain practices already in place since SW is still flying right now as far as I know.

Has anyone flown with SW recently? I'm not leaving my house much but they must have certain practices already in place since SW is still flying right now as far as I know.
This is already in place:

• We are limiting the number of people onboard each flight to provide Customers more personal space so there will be no need for the middle seat to be occupied (currently through June). But if you’re traveling together, you can still sit together.
  • Our boarding process is changing. We’re boarding in groups of 10 and only on one side of our boarding poles to help our Customers spread out.

I understand that they are not seating anyone in the first and last three rows of the aircraft, as well. I heard that those rows are set aside for F/A seating, so that there is the appropriate distancing from each other.

What’s the typical length the red banner stays across the top of your flights.
Checking the days before and after our flight are still available. We are flying home a Saturday night. My date flight says unavailable so I am assuming it’s full. Has anyone had the red banner with option to change but nothing ever happened to your flights?
( they are changed once , a few weeks ago.)

What’s the typical length the red banner stays across the top of your flights.
Checking the days before and after our flight are still available. We are flying home a Saturday night. My date flight says unavailable so I am assuming it’s full. Has anyone had the red banner with option to change but nothing ever happened to your flights?
( they are changed once , a few weeks ago.)
I noticed the red banner but didn't think anything of it bc my flight was changed last week and I had received an email. I went it to check to see if my flight had any price drop and noticed my direct flight was gone and I was put on a flight with a layover. Oddly, on the main page of my SW account- it still had my direct flight and only when i hit the little airplane to see the details of my account it showed it with layovers. It also didn't allow me to make any changes and to call. So just make sure you double check your flight!

UPDATE: Travel Funds finally available today. Booked flights for next month hoping we can go. Otherwise, at least I combined my travel funds. ;)

Tried to check my Travel Funds on the SW site and Travel Funds are currently unavailable. I know my confirmation number so tried to book a new flight using the Travel Funds and the reservation system wouldn't accept them either. Trying to stay positive and book flights assuming we'll get to go to WDW in June.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter