Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

So I have 3 travel funds associated with 1 confirmation number. One TF is not eligible for the extended expiration date. I also have a LUV voucher again not eligible. When I book my daughter’s new flight, can I use JUST the TF that isn’t extended then use the LUV voucher for the balance? Or will it make me use up all of the TFs?
I would like to use the TF that isn’t eligible plus the LUV voucher to book one way and then the balance of the LUV voucher and as much of the 2 remaining TFs necessary to book the return flight. Will this work?

So I have 3 travel funds associated with 1 confirmation number. One TF is not eligible for the extended expiration date. I also have a LUV voucher again not eligible. When I book my daughter’s new flight, can I use JUST the TF that isn’t extended then use the LUV voucher for the balance? Or will it make me use up all of the TFs?
I would like to use the TF that isn’t eligible plus the LUV voucher to book one way and then the balance of the LUV voucher and as much of the 2 remaining TFs necessary to book the return flight. Will this work?
Yes. You can do that.

When you book the first flight you'll enter the confirmation number as patt if the payment process. You'll them get a screen that will show all 3 of those TFs. You'll be able to select the one you want to use.

Once that's complete, you be taken back to the payment option even and you can choose to use the LUV voucher as well.

On the second flight you'll select each of the remaining TFs. You may have to apply each one as a separate transaction.

Steve

If anyone is interested in Southwest's "Rewards For Opinions" program where you earn rapid rewards points for doing surveys they are currently accepting new members. I have been doing their surveys since November of 2017 and have earned over 90,000 points from taking surveys. It's not a bad way to kill some time and earn those points. You'll be surprised at how quickly those points can add up. Here's the link for those interested:

https://www.rewardsforopinions.com/signup
Please Note - The signup period is usually only open for a short amount of time and then gets closed for a good amount of time.

I received the message on the website today for my 8/30 - 9/04 trip from PVD. Thankfully my flight times haven't changed, and nothing better worth switching to.

You may change your trip date/time at no additional cost if you stay inside the restrictions below.

The 15,000 bonus Tier Qualifying Points being given to all RR members by Southwest have posted to my RR account. These are not points that can be used to book travel; they just go toward reaching 35,000 TQP required for A-List status.

Last edited:
I received the message on the website today for my 8/30 - 9/04 trip from PVD. Thankfully my flight times haven't changed, and nothing better worth switching to.

You may change your trip date/time at no additional cost if you stay inside the restrictions below.

same for 85-9/9 but I’m worried they still might change it - I don’t know if they change after the banner goes up or not

same for 85-9/9 but I’m worried they still might change it - I don’t know if they change after the banner goes up or not
I have the red banner too flying from PVD end of July. They did change one of my flights from direct to a layover in DC. I got no notification; I noticed it myself. I did change the flight back to a direct (leaving a day early but I had to call). The banner is still there. I think I check twice a day!

I had the red banner on my 8/8 flight down a few days ago. No banner on my 8/19 flight home. They had changed my flight down so I changed it to a better one. The banner went away after a few days. Now the banner is back on both flights.

Sorry to ask but I’ve been sifting through pages & cant find an answer. What is the red banner of which you all speak? DGS and I are booked out of BDL 9/7-9/12 and, so far, I see no changes to those flights. They are also still available to book. DO FAR of course being the operative words here. Can someone please tell me what the red banner is?

If anyone is interested in Southwest's "Rewards For Opinions" program where you earn rapid rewards points for doing surveys they are currently accepting new members. I have been doing their surveys since November of 2017 and have earned over 90,000 points from taking surveys. It's not a bad way to kill some time and earn those points. You'll be surprised at how quickly those points can add up. Here's the link for those interested:

https://www.rewardsforopinions.com/signup
Please Note - The signup period is usually only open for a short amount of time and then gets closed for a good amount of time.
Thanks! I signed up and went through multiple surveys only to be told at the end of each one that I didn't qualify. It would be nice if they could figure that out before I answered all the questions. I spent almost an hour doing surveys and earned a whopping 15 points!

Sorry to ask but I’ve been sifting through pages & cant find an answer. What is the red banner of which you all speak? DGS and I are booked out of BDL 9/7-9/12 and, so far, I see no changes to those flights. They are also still available to book. DO FAR of course being the operative words here. Can someone please tell me what the red banner is?
If your flights have been changed and you are eligible for a no fee change in flights, you will see a red banner at the top of the page when you check your flight details online. Go to My Account and then click on a flight to see Reservation Details. If everything looks the same as when you booked, you are good to go.

I have a red banner on my 9/12 and 9/21 flights but thankfully nothing has changed. They're direct flights at the times we want (if we even go) so I really don't want them changed if possible.

I have a red banner on my 9/12 and 9/21 flights but thankfully nothing has changed. They're direct flights at the times we want (if we even go) so I really don't want them changed if possible.
I had that happen previously. All that had changed was the flight number, the flight times and route remained the same. When this happens, you can still change if you have the red banner. I took advantage of this when it happened to me to pick better times (more expensive when I booked) at no increase in fare. Unfortunately, I ended up cancelling those flights to NYC completely. :(

Thanks! I signed up and went through multiple surveys only to be told at the end of each one that I didn't qualify. It would be nice if they could figure that out before I answered all the questions. I spent almost an hour doing surveys and earned a whopping 15 points!
It's unfortunate it happens like that sometimes. I tend to get lucky a lot and have a lot more good days and very few bad days. This is a screenshot from the other day:Screenshot_20200507-063604_Samsung Internet.jpg

If your flights have been changed and you are eligible for a no fee change in flights, you will see a red banner at the top of the page when you check your flight details online. Go to My Account and then click on a flight to see Reservation Details. If everything looks the same as when you booked, you are good to go.
ok now I do have red banners on both outbound and inbound flights but nothing has changed. So for now I am good?

OK - so I have a companion pass for my DH - it was originally supposed to expire 12/31/20 and my account has been updated and it's now been extended to expire 6/30/21 - now, I'm still on the path to "earn" a Companion Pass for him again this year since you have to qualify each year.

Does that mean my time to earn the CP has changed to 6/30/21 or is it still 12/31/20?

and.....if I earn it by 12/31/20 because that's the date, does that mean it's good until 12/31/21 or 12/31/22?

Thanks!

Last edited:
OK - so I have a companion pass for my DH - it was originally supposed to expire 12/31/20 and my account has been updated and it's now been extended to expire 6/30/21 - now, I'm still on the path to "earn" a Companion Pass for him again this year since you have to qualify each year.

Does that mean my time to earn the CP has changed to 6/30/21 or is it still 12/31/20?

and.....if I earn it by 12/31/20 because that's the date, does that mean it's good until 12/31/21 or 12/31/22?

Thanks!
I was able to answer my own question by reaching out to SW via FB....

Here is their response....
"We know that times are trying, and we want to keep our valued Rapid Rewards Members in mind as we navigate these challenges. As such, all Rapid Rewards Members will see an adjustment in their Tier Qualifying and Companion Pass Qualifying Points and flights to help you get on the road to your next status faster through December 31, 2021. This amount includes 15,000 Tier Qualifying Points and 10 one-ways for A-List and A-List Preferred status, along with 25 one-way flights and 25,000 qualifying points towards Companion Pass Status, which will be added to your account in the coming weeks. Keep in mind that, while these points aren’t usable or redeemable; they help all of our Members get that much closer to achieving their next status. Members will just need to meet the earning requirements left for that status by December 31, 2020. Check out those requirements and learn more by clicking here: https://www.southwest.com/rapidrewards/tiers-more-alist. "

Basically, but I'm getting is I still have to earn my CP by the original due date of 12/31/20 and it's good until 12/31/21....just 6 months after the extension they already gave me...

I got that message today as well, but when I went to change our original time was still there so I'm confused.

I would rather not change as it's the day after our wedding and an earlier flight requires us to leave our hotel earlier (wedding is almost 4 hours from the airport), and a later flight gets us to Disney and our resort later than I would like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter