Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Anyone flying from anywhere besides the northeast and headed anywhere but Florida getting this for their flights? Just wondering if the issue is the restriction Florida set that those flying from CT-NY-NJ-RI-MA must self quarantine for 14 days. Not sure how long that restriction will last or how it is being enforced.

Anyone flying from anywhere besides the northeast and headed anywhere but Florida getting this for their flights? Just wondering if the issue is the restriction Florida set that those flying from CT-NY-NJ-RI-MA must self quarantine for 14 days. Not sure how long that restriction will last or how it is being enforced.
I have had the red banner several times. My flights changed only once so far. I’m flying from Denver to Orlando, but our summer flights to Dallas and Chicago also had the red banner more than once. All red banners are gone today.

I got that message today as well, but when I went to change our original time was still there so I'm confused.

I would rather not change as it's the day after our wedding and an earlier flight requires us to leave our hotel earlier (wedding is almost 4 hours from the airport), and a later flight gets us to Disney and our resort later than I would like.
The red banner doesn't necessarily mean you have to change or that your flight was changed. It might have or it just means something is disrupting things in the schedule. Obviously we know what the problem is currently. I've gotten the red banner before for things like winter weather.

I got the same message for an October trip from NY to TX. I'm assuming the message will be there until the restriction is lifted. No idea how it's being enforced.

If anyone is interested in Southwest's "Rewards For Opinions" program where you earn rapid rewards points for doing surveys they are currently accepting new members. I have been doing their surveys since November of 2017 and have earned over 90,000 points from taking surveys. It's not a bad way to kill some time and earn those points. You'll be surprised at how quickly those points can add up. Here's the link for those interested:

https://www.rewardsforopinions.com/signup
Please Note - The signup period is usually only open for a short amount of time and then gets closed for a good amount of time.
Is the same as the ERewards site where you can transfer points to Southwest?

Is the same as the ERewards site where you can transfer points to Southwest?
Points get added automatically once you complete the surveys. Usually the next day after completing a survey you'll see the points in your rapid rewards account. It says it can take up to 6 weeks to get your account credited but lately the points have been showing up the very next day.

Approximately how long did it take Tovar’s complete that many surveys?
I don't recall off the top of my head. I usually aim to get 100 points a day and spend maybe 30 minutes to get there. A majority of the time I hit 100 points in way less time. It honestly depends on the surveys. Sometimes you'll start doing them and it'll say your not eligible after you spent a few minutes doing one and you only get 3 points. Other times I've gotten surveys and awarded 100+ points and it only takes me 5 minutes. It's inconsistent to say the least.

So I tried to sign up for surveys but screen disappeared just as I got to end and didn’t finalize so I went back and completed again and when I tried to submit at the end it wouldn’t allow me to do so I got a message that my rewards number had already been used...was hoping I would get a confirmation email after all but nothing ...

I have a rescheduling question - right now I still have flights booked for our June 13th Disney trip that I've already cancelled with Disney. We have rescheduled our trip to Dec and those flights should be released on May 28th.

My question is - can I go into my current June flight reservation and "modify" it and change our travel dates to the December dates instead of having to call Southwest directly? If I do that modification, will that link my EB that I had already paid for June?

Wait - I just realized that with DH's Companion Pass linked to our tickets that I have to cancel his flights before I can amend his and if I cancel his then his EB can't be relinked to the new December dates, right??

I have a rescheduling question - right now I still have flights booked for our June 13th Disney trip that I've already cancelled with Disney. We have rescheduled our trip to Dec and those flights should be released on May 28th.

My question is - can I go into my current June flight reservation and "modify" it and change our travel dates to the December dates instead of having to call Southwest directly? If I do that modification, will that link my EB that I had already paid for June?

Wait - I just realized that with DH's Companion Pass linked to our tickets that I have to cancel his flights before I can amend his and if I cancel his then his EB can't be relinked to the new December dates, right??
The CP complicates the process. I would contact Southwest’s social media team, either on Twitter or FB. They will ask you to send them a DM, noting the confirmation numbers. Normally, if a trip is cancelled and not changed, the EBCI is lost. The social media team is almost always very helpful and accommodating. They may ask you to check back, once the next schedule extension goes live.

For those with flights booked for October travel, you may want to check current fares for reductions. It seems like fares went lower, overnight.

The CP complicates the process. I would contact Southwest’s social media team, either on Twitter or FB. They will ask you to send them a DM, noting the confirmation numbers. Normally, if a trip is cancelled and not changed, the EBCI is lost. The social media team is almost always very helpful and accommodating. They may ask you to check back, once the next schedule extension goes live.
I just did!! They've been very responsive on FB messenger! They said what I thought they'd say - that I really need to call to make the changes since I have the CP - it makes it trickier and the only way I could amend our June flights would be to cancel DH's CP and then that would allow us to amend the June flights. BUT that put's the EB purchased for DH's June trip non-transferrable to December dates so they recommended to call them to make the changes.

They could make all the changes and transfer DH's CP and his EB from our June dates to the new December ones once the dates open May 28th.

So this morning I woke up to “your account balance has been adjusted” email from SW. apparently they cancelled my end of June round trip flights. But there was never an option to change the flight or anything- just the balance returned to me.
Is this what SW is doing now?

So this morning I woke up to “your account balance has been adjusted” email from SW. apparently they cancelled my end of June round trip flights. But there was never an option to change the flight or anything- just the balance returned to me.
If they can't reschedule within a certain window (4 hours maybe? not sure) then they will just cancel the flights. However, if you would prefer to rebook on new date for the same points, or if it was a points reservation and you'd prefer to get cash back for taxes instead of travel funds, then call or reach out via social media.

What airport are you flying out of ?
That’s not good customer service. I did read they are cutting flight locations. Sorry that happened to you.

What airport are you flying out of ?
That’s not good customer service. I did read they are cutting flight locations. Sorry that happened to you.
Philly to Orlando round trip. I’ve never had this happen with SW before. Always had the option to change my flight even if there was the slightest change with it.
I haven’t had it in me to call and find out what happened. Especially since I am 99% sure I was going to cancel the flight/trip anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter