• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Philly to Orlando round trip. I’ve never had this happen with SW before. Always had the option to change my flight even if there was the slightest change with it.
I haven’t had it in me to call and find out what happened. Especially since I am 99% sure I was going to cancel the flight/trip anyway.
I was surprised when it happened to me too. But thankfully in typical Southwest good customer service fashion they took care of it when I contacted them by offering to rebook me at the same point cost or refund the taxes I paid instead of the travel credit I was given.

I was surprised when it happened to me too. But thankfully in typical Southwest good customer service fashion they took care of it when I contacted them by offering to rebook me at the same point cost or refund the taxes I paid instead of the travel credit I was given.
My reservation was with points so I’m wondering if they’ll also offer me to rebook at same price. (It was a steal of a price!)

The option to change May, June, July, and August 2020 reservations at no additional cost is again available, when opening your reservations online. If seriously considering making changes, I would not wait too long to do so, as the offer is not always available. The change window currently is 30 days. However, if you want to change a May flight to July, first change to June, then change the June flight to July, etc.; you will most likely be able to move as far as September, in 30 day increments.

If anyone is interested in Southwest's "Rewards For Opinions" program where you earn rapid rewards points for doing surveys they are currently accepting new members. I have been doing their surveys since November of 2017 and have earned over 90,000 points from taking surveys. It's not a bad way to kill some time and earn those points. You'll be surprised at how quickly those points can add up. Here's the link for those interested:

https://www.rewardsforopinions.com/signup
Please Note - The signup period is usually only open for a short amount of time and then gets closed for a good amount of time.

Thanks for this! Signed up and got 500 just for registering. This will be great as we're slow at work right now, so I'll just truck through them throughout the day.

Has anyone heard anything about the travel funds to points conversion? We're booking our December flights when they (hopefully) release the schedule in a few weeks, and we have about 8 travel funds per person that I'd really like to have converted to points beforehand.

Has anyone heard anything about the travel funds to points conversion? We're booking our December flights when they (hopefully) release the schedule in a few weeks, and we have about 8 travel funds per person that I'd really like to have converted to points beforehand.
Southwest’s IT dept. is still working on it, with no announced date for conversion or actual conversion rate.

Say whaaaaat!? I missed that you could convert funds to points. How does one go about doing that? I’m intrigued!

Say whaaaaat!? I missed that you could convert funds to points. How does one go about doing that? I’m intrigued!
From Southwest:
We have also added a new benefit for our valued Rapid Rewards Members. Those Members who have travel funds that are set to expire or funds that are created between March 1, 2020 and September 7, 2020 will have the option to convert those travel funds into Rapid Rewards points at the same rate you would be able to purchase a ticket with points today. We hope this provides our Members ultimate flexibility as Rapid Rewards points never expire, never have cancel or change fees (fare difference may apply), and you can redeem your points for anyone you choose.

Our Technology Team is working to build this conversion capability, and we will be in touch when it is ready for you to use. In the meantime, you don’t need to take any action—your travel funds will be automatically extended for the two years mentioned above, and you will be able to make this conversion once we bring this new functionality to fruition.

Has anyone booked a flight and then cancelled to combine their travel funds? I did this and both of my travel funds had an Oct 2020 expiration. I booked a flight for May and then cancelled. Now, I have one travel fund, but it still has the Oct 2020 expiration date. I was hoping it would expire in Sept 2022. Does it take time for that extension to happen or was it automatic for those who did this?

Has anyone booked a flight and then cancelled to combine their travel funds? I did this and both of my travel funds had an Oct 2020 expiration. I booked a flight for May and then cancelled. Now, I have one travel fund, but it still has the Oct 2020 expiration date. I was hoping it would expire in Sept 2022. Does it take time for that extension to happen or was it automatic for those who did this?
I just cancelled 3 flights yesterday around 3pm. Some of the funds expire in August 2020. I checked a few hours after the changes and the funds still expired in August 2020. I checked this morning and they changed to Sep 2022. I guess it takes a little bit for the changes to go through.

From Southwest:
I just cancelled 3 flights yesterday around 3pm. Some of the funds expire in August 2020. I checked a few hours after the changes and the funds still expired in August 2020. I checked this morning and they changed to Sep 2022. I guess it takes a little bit for the changes to go through.
My funds expire October 2020. Do you think I’ll get an extension eventually as well?

If anyone is interested in Southwest's "Rewards For Opinions" program where you earn rapid rewards points for doing surveys they are currently accepting new members. I have been doing their surveys since November of 2017 and have earned over 90,000 points from taking surveys. It's not a bad way to kill some time and earn those points. You'll be surprised at how quickly those points can add up. Here's the link for those interested:

https://www.rewardsforopinions.com/signup
Please Note - The signup period is usually only open for a short amount of time and then gets closed for a good amount of time.
Thanks, signed up this morning. Any points is better than no points.

Marbee - I think it depends on when the travel funds were created. I did 2 price adjustments and a cancellation on my DD’s June flight. The first price adjustment was done prior to March, the other and the cancellation were done after creating a total of three travel funds associated with that conf #. The first one still has the old expiration date. The other 2 have been extended. So when were the travel funds created?

Marbee - I think it depends on when the travel funds were created. I did 2 price adjustments and a cancellation on my DD’s June flight. The first price adjustment was done prior to March, the other and the cancellation were done after creating a total of three travel funds associated with that conf #. The first one still has the old expiration date. The other 2 have been extended. So when were the travel funds created?
Originally they were created in October 2019. I was going to use them on an April flight, but that trip was obviously cancelled. It still says October 2020 for expiration though. 🤷‍♀️

Originally they were created in October 2019. I was going to use them on an April flight, but that trip was obviously cancelled. It still says October 2020 for expiration though. 🤷‍♀️

so you never booked the April flight? In that case, the funds would not be extended as they were created outside of the applicable time frame. The expiration date of October 2020 is correct

so you never booked the April flight? In that case, the funds would not be extended as they were created outside of the applicable time frame. The expiration date of October 2020 is correct
I did book, but I cancelled the flight because of Corona. I’m not sure if that makes a difference though. (I cancelled the flight- not SW).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter