Price error next August

I'm a very happy bunny :banana: I went ahead and made our booking for next Aug where we wanted to stay, in a 1 bedroom at OKW. Ended up with 20% off and the extra $300 gift card! :thumbsup2

I booked too:cool1:

Ended up with £1300.00 off and the $300.oo gift card.

When the discounts for this year came out a couple of weeks ago for SSR/OKW I had checked out the costs but found this year our price had gone up by over £1000.00 compared to this year.

I had decided to leave it and wait and see what happened with prices etc but now its working out far cheaper than this August for us.

Well done to all

Annette x

I wish I'd made a booking now, I was looking at POR but knew it was too good to be true, with 20% off and $300 gift card we'd of kept the booking, never mind it was a gamble.

Well done everyone who got a good price and thank you Disney for spreading some pixie dust.

Has anyone had a call re their bookings yet? I've read some chatter on DIBB that Disney UK seem to be pretty flexible with things, so there is a possibility that we might get to change our accomodations for something a little less "in our dreams" to "in reality" :rotfl2:

I really hope so, this would be an amazing trip ( its over my birthday).

K

Has anyone had a call re their bookings yet? I've read some chatter on DIBB that Disney UK seem to be pretty flexible with things, so there is a possibility that we might get to change our accomodations for something a little less "in our dreams" to "in reality" :rotfl2:

I really hope so, this would be an amazing trip ( its over my birthday).

K

I'm not expecting a call re: my booking. I received an e-mail from them and I'm quite happy with what they're offering!

I had emailed them to see if there was any flexibility in changing the accomodation, I got a little ambitious and went GF!!

Still haven't heard from then re: my request to amend. Also read the chat on the Dibb and don't understand how they have the time to call individuals but not reply to emails.

Will just have to wait as apparently only Hammersmith can deal with it and you can't even speak to the UK call centre.

Also, someone on The Dibb pointed out that they had an individual at WDTC's email address attached to the error email. I don't but might be worth a try for someone else.

I had an email with someone's name on it, so I reforwarded the email to the person directly, just saying I appreciate they are very busy etc etc but I would be very grateful for a call back. Havent heard anything yet, but from lurking on the Dibb thread it seems that they are being very flexible :cool1:

Argh! Just received an email from WDTC UK and got all excited but it was this...

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your email received.

Your query is currently being reviewed and we will respond to you via email.

Due to the high volume of queries recieved please bear with us and we will come back to you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards

Guest Services UK

Walt Disney Travel Company UK

Don't know how much longer I can take this! Why can't they give us a phone number to call as when I eventually do get a reply it's going to end up in a back and forth to get to an actual booking!

Got the same email myself.
I still have never been able to log into my booking via the website though

:goodvibes

Argh! Just received an email from WDTC UK and got all excited but it was this...

Don't know how much longer I can take this! Why can't they give us a phone number to call as when I eventually do get a reply it's going to end up in a back and forth to get to an actual booking!

I just got the same email. I know the waiting is hard but it's not like you're wanting to go next week. The way I look at it is they must be really busy trying to get everybody sorted. If it takes a couple of Emails back and forth, so be it. Personally, I'd rather have it in writing anyway ;)

I just got the same email. I know the waiting is hard but it's not like you're wanting to go next week. The way I look at it is they must be really busy trying to get everybody sorted. If it takes a couple of Emails back and forth, so be it. Personally, I'd rather have it in writing anyway ;)

You're right, I'm just being impatient! Probably not helped by the fact boyfriend won't agree to it until he knows what it's exactly going to cost him! Obviously I've worked out what I think it will cost based on the website but I need it confirmed by WDTC if they'll let me amend my booking or not.

Tomorrow's another day....

Hey guys

I got an email from them today. Needless to say there was 0 flexibility with my booking, use the discount and gift card at the original resort or pay full rack rate at an other one.

The email made mention to the DIBB thread, so I'm not sure if things have been going down over there that have caused a block of emails to come out, basically saying take the 20%/$300 at the original booking or cancel for full refund.

I really hope that I was just unlucky and some of you get the flexibility that you have wished for.

Hey guys

I got an email from them today. Needless to say there was 0 flexibility with my booking, use the discount and gift card at the original resort or pay full rack rate at an other one.

The email made mention to the DIBB thread, so I'm not sure if things have been going down over there that have caused a block of emails to come out, basically saying take the 20%/$300 at the original booking or cancel for full refund.

I really hope that I was just unlucky and some of you get the flexibility that you have wished for.

Thanks for updating, Ciorsdah. I still haven't heard anything from them but its not looking good :( Have to say, I do feel they're shooting themselves in the foot as they would be getting near on £2k from us, compared with the 0 they're now going to get.

Can I ask, what time did you email them on Friday? Just wondering if they're working through emails in date/time order.

Thanks for updating, Ciorsdah. I still haven't heard anything from them but its not looking good :( Have to say, I do feel they're shooting themselves in the foot as they would be getting near on £2k from us, compared with the 0 they're now going to get.

Can I ask, what time did you email them on Friday? Just wondering if they're working through emails in date/time order.

I emailed them back saying that very same thing, I was willing to pay up to £4k for this holiday ( and likely still will, but not right now) and now I have asked for my money back and I will be "reassessing" my holiday plans for 2013.

I emailed them literally about 2 mins after we all got the "sorry but we messed up" email on Friday, then I emailed on Monday morning.

It seems to me that they have had a ton of people affected, and that they perhaps never intended to allow flexibility in dates/resorts etc, but the email they sent everyone seemed a bit wishy washy. If it had said you either take this deal, at the original resport or you get a refund then we would all know where we stood today.

I know we were chansing our arm with the glitch, however I cant help feeling a bit upset that they arent more flexible with those of us who did book. Perhaps its a difference between the UK WDW Staff and the American ones?!!!

Am I correct in thinking the bargain/error price only appeared on the final pay page? If that is the case any argument against changing to another package will be hard to argue as if you would have known what the full price was and claiming to have only changed to a different more expensive resort due to bargain price will be highly flawed as you would have proceeded through the booking seeing a higher price, couple this with the fact that Disney do not need to offer anything I think it is more like some people have shot themselves in the foot by booking to much. Everyone knew this was an error, and whilst I am sad for those who may not be able to go, some took a bigger risk than others. If I had booked OKW I would be happy with the compo had I gone all out and booked The Poly - I'd be kicking myself for being greedy and probably feeling rather sick for messing up a gods chance of a bargain.

In any case I am still finishing paying for this trip so did not book at all. I personally feel it is unfair to be critical of Disney for not being flexible - nobody booked believing the prices to be correct - for some they have got a bargain, others were not so lucky.

Don't let it make you think bad of Disney though and best of luck for those trying to negotiate x

I emailed them back saying that very same thing, I was willing to pay up to £4k for this holiday ( and likely still will, but not right now) and now I have asked for my money back and I will be "reassessing" my holiday plans for 2013.

I emailed them literally about 2 mins after we all got the "sorry but we messed up" email on Friday, then I emailed on Monday morning.

It seems to me that they have had a ton of people affected, and that they perhaps never intended to allow flexibility in dates/resorts etc, but the email they sent everyone seemed a bit wishy washy. If it had said you either take this deal, at the original resport or you get a refund then we would all know where we stood today.

I know we were chansing our arm with the glitch, however I cant help feeling a bit upset that they arent more flexible with those of us who did book. Perhaps its a difference between the UK WDW Staff and the American ones?!!!

I'm sorry that you were not able to get what you wanted! However I disagree that the wording in the e-mail from Disney was a you say :wishy washy: IMO it was very clear in saying that you could either go ahead with the booking and get the 20% discount and gift card or you could cancel the booking without losing any money that you'd paid. I must admit that I've been lucky but I did go ahead and just book what we would've been booking anyway!

Am I correct in thinking the bargain/error price only appeared on the final pay page? If that is the case any argument against changing to another package will be hard to argue as if you would have known what the full price was and claiming to have only changed to a different more expensive resort due to bargain price will be highly flawed as you would have proceeded through the booking seeing a higher price, couple this with the fact that Disney do not need to offer anything I think it is more like some people have shot themselves in the foot by booking to much. Everyone knew this was an error, and whilst I am sad for those who may not be able to go, some took a bigger risk than others. If I had booked OKW I would be happy with the compo had I gone all out and booked The Poly - I'd be kicking myself for being greedy and probably feeling rather sick for messing up a gods chance of a bargain.

In any case I am still finishing paying for this trip so did not book at all. I personally feel it is unfair to be critical of Disney for not being flexible - nobody booked believing the prices to be correct - for some they have got a bargain, others were not so lucky.

Don't let it make you think bad of Disney though and best of luck for those trying to negotiate x

I'm sorry that you were not able to get what you wanted! However I disagree that the wording in the e-mail from Disney was a you say :wishy washy: IMO it was very clear in saying that you could either go ahead with the booking and get the 20% discount and gift card or you could cancel the booking without losing any money that you'd paid. I must admit that I've been lucky but I did go ahead and just book what we would've been booking anyway!

I completely agree with what you are both saying but, for me, the issue is the fact that at least one person on the Dibb has already reported that Disney have been ultra-flexible in allowing them to not only change accommodation but downgrade dining plan, remove flights from the package they booked and (if necessary) even move the holiday to 2014.

I don't have a problem with Disney being rigid on the offer they have made to people who took advantage of the glitch (because, let's face it, we all took advantage) but I do think they should apply that rigidity completely across the board.

The annoyance/frustration people are feeling now is due to the fact that they feel that Disney have allowed some people to change/adjust their original booking and retain the 'offer' and other people have just been told 'No'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter