READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to everyone maintaining this thread! I am still trying to understand the process for ROTR, and I especially find "The Chart" to be helpful.

I have a question, though. I understand that to join a BG, everyone in my party needs to be in the park and attempting to book a spot through the app. So how is it possible to run a pre-trip test? I'm *nowhere near* Disney...my home is basically in the opposite corner of North America. Would I still see the proper steps if I logged in? Or is my best bet watching a video of someone explaining the process?

Thanks in advance :)
At home, you can do everything up to the point of actually booking the BG, because the app will see that you're not in the park. So you can practice the procedures up to that point.

In the park, everyone does not have to be attempting to book a spot if everyone doesn't have a smartphone, for example. And if everyone does have a smartphone and the app, they'd all be trying to book the BG for everyone in the party, not just themselves. Just to make that clear in case you didn't understand it.

You can also watch a video of someone doing it--plenty of that on YouTube, however, be careful to avoid spoilers if you don't want to see anything, because some of those videos do contain spoilers.

Thanks to everyone maintaining this thread! I am still trying to understand the process for ROTR, and I especially find "The Chart" to be helpful.

I have a question, though. I understand that to join a BG, everyone in my party needs to be in the park and attempting to book a spot through the app. So how is it possible to run a pre-trip test? I'm *nowhere near* Disney...my home is basically in the opposite corner of North America. Would I still see the proper steps if I logged in? Or is my best bet watching a video of someone explaining the process?

Thanks in advance :)
Just be on the app at opening time, est, and you'll see the "join bg" turn red

You are still able to open the app and go through the steps but when you get to the last step it says you are not in the park. You will need to practice at 8am ET when Bg’s are still available
At home, you can do everything up to the point of actually booking the BG, because the app will see that you're not in the park. So you can practice the procedures up to that point.

In the park, everyone does not have to be attempting to book a spot if everyone doesn't have a smartphone, for example. And if everyone does have a smartphone and the app, they'd all be trying to book the BG for everyone in the party, not just themselves. Just to make that clear in case you didn't understand it.

You can also watch a video of someone doing it--plenty of that on YouTube, however, be careful to avoid spoilers if you don't want to see anything, because some of those videos do contain spoilers.
Just be on the app at opening time, est, and you'll see the "join bg" turn red

Thanks everyone, this is really helpful!

Is anyone else having issues with the App today? Went to practice and load times double over a few days ago, so I fired up an older iPhone and it never even completes the app loading process today.

Is anyone else having issues with the App today? Went to practice and load times double over a few days ago, so I fired up an older iPhone and it never even completes the app loading process today.

I’m just at home, but I tried a few times to open the app at different times today after (successfully) practicing the BG grab this morning and it wouldn’t even open.

iPhone 8, I believe.

App woes...can’t even get to main screen let alone “find out more.” So I updated and now the app is very unreliable. Sometimes it won’t open at all, just crashes at the purple castle screen. Sometimes it opens and has no option for “my plans” which makes me think it’s not fully connecting to my account. This is not a “sign in” issue because it DOES have my hotel and ticket info..,just no “plans.” Also, it seems most likely to crash if I’ve just closed the app down and tried to restart within a short amount of time. If I leave it alone for 30 minutes or so, it works again. I’m wondering if version 5.8 is problematic on older phones (IPhone 7)...? Maybe the folks with crashing issues are in the same boat?? Headed to GE in 3 weeks and hoping to have it worked out by then.

For folks who leave it open, do your people “show up” in the “select your party” page or have you had to restart?

YES. I have been struggling with this issue all day today. I did not have this issue yesterday. I logged in with my account on my son's phone and that crashed the app as well. I tried deleting the app (both from home screen and from Storage", updating my iPhone X (it needed to go up to the latest level) and turning my phone on and off like a hundred times in between. I checked permission, notifications, had no other apps running...everything. I have the EXACT same thing as you- can't connect/ crashes/ hangs on the castle screen and then crashes, works 1 out of 50 tries BUT then the same as you, it doesn't go to "My Plans: (except for once, six minutes later).

I called the technical help desk and they were useless. They gave me one trick to try saying that you can download the Disneyland app and sign in there, then sign in to MDE...but that didn't solve my problem. Then they unlinked our reservations after October, that didn't help.

Long story short, we have one day at DHS, this Thursday, and I have no idea what to do if the app isn't fixed by then for me. Can the GET get actual boarding groups or are they more likely to get backup groups if you are asking them for help before the park opens? And I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but can my husband (who is not going to the park) get a BG for me and the kid from the resort using his own account and removing himself from the party on the second page? I know this has all been discussed ad nauseum and I apologize for the redundancy, but panic is clouding my memory and logic spheres at this point.

We were there 1/28. Just to update how our conflicting reservations went:
We were BG 99
Oga ADR 1:55pm
Droid appt 3:30pm
Savi's appt 5:00pm

Since it was getting close, in the 80s, we went to the Droid Depot and Savi's before we did our Oga ADR. Droid guy told us he couldn't take us early, but to not worry and if we showed up later, they would fit us in, and as long as it was before the end of the day we wouldn't get charged for missing our reservation. Savi's told us if we missed our reservation we would get charged and they could NOT fit us in later. They told us since they are limited on spots to prioritize this reservation. Of course our BG group gets called around 3:45pm while building droids. We reported and were told the wait was about an hour for RotR so they advised my Dh wait until after his Savi's reservation to get in line.
I'm so glad I read your post! I was kind of staying away from SWGE spoilers but I wanted some info on RotR Boarding Groups, so I took a look at the last few pages of this thread. Upon reading your post, I realized I hadn't booked either Savi or the Droid building for our upcoming trip! I've fixed that now! We already had Oga's, and now we have all three! Just the way you listed your experiences caught my eye! :teeth:

Yes! I tried practicing at home this morning and couldn't get it to work. I have never had this problem before. IPhone 6S

Apparently the DVC member site is broken today too. Fingers crossed that maybe it’s sort of a system-wide issue that will hopefully be resolved soon.

I’ve been checking in on the app at home all day without an issue...until I saw the last few posts. I checked my app again and there was a small glitch but I hit the home tab and everything seems fine now. Good luck everyone!! 🤞

We have been in Studios and the only problem with the app I had all day was downloading one ride video. I am on an iPhone so at least for me in the park - no issues and I have been on it a lot

Thanks again to this board for all of the help. Couldn't believe that my husband got BG 2. We were so happy and surprised.

The push notification said to return in an hour, but the app said two hours. We wanted to use our 8am TSM FP first (after RDing ToT), so we asked a RotR CM, who said that returning in two hours was fine. We ended up returning around 9:15am. The ride was amazing.

We arrived at 6:30am and were very surprised at the number of people here. Bag check took no time, and we were able to talk to people afterwards, before security. Many thought that the park opened at 7am. Our daughter's fingerprint didn't work (she's 6), so that took a few extra minutes to sort out (we addressed that with GR on the way out, so that we wouldn't run into the issue again).

Just a random note...I opened the app exactly when I heard the start of the 8am (a few seconds before) announcement. My husband waited a few seconds later, until 7:59:55am, based on our timing practices at home. I never saw a red button (I didn't try anything else though, since my husband was successful). He was in immediately.

We were both on 4G, WiFi off, him with an S8 and I have a Pixel 3 XL.

Thanks everyone, for today's amazing experience.

Thanks everyone for this thread. We got BG 38 this morning. Got message to ride around 11:15.
Left Pop around 6:50 driving. No bags. At Tot hold area around 7:10. My kids Ipod touches could not hold the app with Wifi. DH trying from home. I used my iphone 6 on Verizon data. Opened app at 7:59. At 8:00 Find out more, Join was red and immediately snagged BG. We were very happy and excited!
Walked on ToT with no wait.

Of note, we rode MFSR last night 2/3, twice back to back with little to no wait right before closing.
Have been loving the Skyliner! Very fun and productive 5 day trip. Leave tomorrow night.

My husband got BG2! WiFi off. Verizon. Galaxy S8. Killed app at 7:55am. Opened at 7:59:55 and secured it. I opened at 7:59:50 and my red button never lit up. Thanks to everyone here for all of advice. We couldn't have done it without these boards.

We stood at the ToT hold point and RDed it with no wait.

Two hour return notification.
What time did you get to the park? We'll be there next week, and I'm wondering how early we need to arrive to be in the front of the RD crowd for ToT. Thanks!

What time did you get to the park? We'll be there next week, and I'm wondering how early we need to arrive to be in the front of the RD crowd for ToT. Thanks!

We went Monday and we were through the gates at 6:45 (for a 7 am opening) and down at the holding point for RnRC and TOT at 6:50. We went to RnRC first and waited maybe 10 min. We then went to TOT and waited 20 min. So I don't think you need to be there very early for either of these two rides. Everyone went to GE and TSL.

We pulled into the parking lot early at 6:30am (rental car) only because we were unsure of how the first 8am day would go. No wait at security. I forgot the exact timing, but we were past security maybe around 7:15am? Edited to add that we were at the front of the ToT RD group with this timing.

We're trying again tomorrow (no RD ride planned) and I read the article linked above... We'll be leaving our hotel room (D. Springs) around 6:45am tomorrow. I hope that's enough time. Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter