Recent cruisers on April 15, 2023 Bermuda cruise DCL Fantasy

We are on the September 8 day cruise as well and are struggling to find an excursion that would be enjoyable for our 5 and 3 year olds. After reading this we might just stay on the ship. Any suggestions are much appreciated
For Bermuda with kids that age I'd go to Horseshoe Bay for a beach day, BAMZ or a boat excursion.

We are on the September 8 day cruise as well and are struggling to find an excursion that would be enjoyable for our 5 and 3 year olds. After reading this we might just stay on the ship. Any suggestions are much appreciated
We did an excursion to the Bermuda Aquarium, Museum and Zoo (BAMZ). It would be great for little ones. Also, at the port they have a museum, mini golf and a beach close by. Bermuda is beautiful, I would at least try to see the port area.

I booked an island tour excursion outside of Disney which lasted a out 4 hours. In terms of the menu, one of the nights at Enchanted Garden had a menu that had never been served on the Fantasy before according to my server. I also enjoyed the Welcome Reception on the 2nd night which includes free wine and beer
Did you have a formal night on your Bermuda 8 night cruise?

T
After that we took a taxi to a nearby Twizy (vehicle either a step up or down from a golf cart depending on how you look at it) which was our chariot for the rest of the day. We drove up to St George and found Fort St Catherine closed 15 minutes before we got there (whoops) so just drove around enjoying the scenery and popped into some stores for rum and to see what different snacks we could find. We had a nice dinner at the Wharf in St George while charging as well before slowly making our way back to the ship, arriving just as it was getting dark.
Thank you for all of the great information.

Please provide more details on the Twizy. What is the cost? Are reservation required? Driver's license required?

We will be on the October 7th Bermuda cruise out of NYC on the Dream and just plan on visiting the crystal caves on our own. Also plan on taking the bus to Horseshoe Bay Beach. Getting really excited!!! Some of our group booked an excursion but the rest are first timers and the excursion was sold out when they were able to book. Hoping some spots open up for them and if not, get on a waitlist once onboard.

Does anyone know if Uncrustables are available onboard ( room service maybe) and if so can they be taken off the ship in Bermuda if unopened.

MJ

Last edited:
Sorry not a tour. You can see all of it walking I’m St George but since most ships dock at the other side of the island you would need to take the tour that goes there
Sometimes, there is an express Ferry that goes from
Was this a private tour or through Disney?
There is an express Ferry that goes direct from the Dockyards (where the medium-largr cruise ships dock) to/from St.George's.
https://www.bermuda.com/transportation/sea-express-ferry-service/schedule/

St. George's is a tiny little city and one can see everything in less than 2hrs. No tour guide required. Just watch the schedule; a taxi back will take 60+ minutes and be quite expensive.

My husband and I just booked this cruise and were dismayed to see all the Remy/Palo dining times taken, and many of the excursions. No complaints - that's how it goes when you're last minute:) Thanks for all of the great non-Disney sanctioned excursions! It's our 10th DCL cruise but first to Bermuda, and fifth as adults only #emptynesters

My husband and I just booked this cruise and were dismayed to see all the Remy/Palo dining times taken, and many of the excursions. No complaints - that's how it goes when you're last minute:) Thanks for all of the great non-Disney sanctioned excursions! It's our 10th DCL cruise but first to Bermuda, and fifth as adults only #emptynesters

I am platinum and Palo Brunch was hard to book even as platinum I had to pick the last day and only like 2 times available. But yes its an easy island to do on your own and way way cheaper. Keep an eye on excursions people have been cancelling them and things have opened up at different times.

Those that have visited Bermuda, please suggest restaurants and bars to visit.
  • Suggestions in King's Wharf and St. George -- or other locations
  • Suggestions on must try specialty foods unique to Bermuda
  • Suggestions for specialty cocktails or beer unique to Bermuda
Is evening sightseeing safe to visit bars or clubs?
Do you suggest using cash for purchases in Bermuda or using credit cards?

Bermuda's national drink is the Rum Swizzle so that's a must try!
I've been out at night in Bermuda to Snorkel Park which turns into a club certain evenings. It's about a 10 minute walk from the ship. Felt completely safe.

We did an excursion to the Bermuda Aquarium, Museum and Zoo (BAMZ). It would be great for little ones. Also, at the port they have a museum, mini golf and a beach close by. Bermuda is beautiful, I would at least try to see the port area.ove
Love the Zoo and Aquarium! Really old tortoises. Sea lions that talk and perform a bit. Beautiful plants and informative displays. Good gift shop as well. Maybe a young kid could handle an hour of it?

And the Disney excursion offers the express boat trip right to the Flatts Inlet landing nearby. Way more convenient than a bus or even a taxi, and total price was reasonable.

I'm a sucker for history and kitsch so we went here and enjoyed if you end up in Hamilton: https://www.irg.bm/hogpennypub. The next day it was very rainy so we stayed close to the ship and ate at the Frog and Onion (same restaurant group) and it was also good, though more crowded and felt a little more touristy.

in St George we ended up at the Wharf - https://wharf.bm/ - which had solid sushi.

We didn't hit up any bars or clubs but the crew did - they said it was very expensive but I'd have felt safe going if they did.

Bermuda is known for fish chowder, and codfish breakfasts but I couldn't find the latter (not that we went out for breakfast mind you, so it makes sense!).

Gosling's rum and Dockyard brewery are two biggies, and as someone else mentioned rum swizzles are all over the place. Dark and stormy is another drink to watch for as Goslings' is used in those a lot. I made sure to bring back Bermuda honey as well, but then I put honey in my latte every morning anyway so its already a favorite souvenir of mine anywhere I go. :)

We used CCs everywhere as we always do whenever possible. We dislike having leftover cash and coins.

Keep checking back! Things may open up if people cancel and shift their plans. And for Palo/Remy definitely go to dining changes once you get on board, they may be able to squeeze you in. :)

We love St George so much that last time we flew direct and booked a home on VRBO. The town is quite walkable and much quieter than Hamilton but there are also horse drawn buggy or taxi tours. Take the ferry from dockyard (unless you are already docked in St George.
The UNESCO museum is nice, the old town hall, the restaurants were all pretty good or grab food from Somers Market and picnic in Somers Garden or at the beach. The Perfume factory lets you make your own blend. They also have an afternoon tea. Kings wharf has daily costumed reinactments of how the ducking stool was used. The town crier wI’ll make announcements. There is a glass beach for collecting sea glass by the old fort. Several shops sell beautiful jewelry made from it. There is the unfinished cathedral and if you keep going up the hill you will go down the other side to tobacco bay beach.
Grotto Bay resort is a short journey by bus or cab and welcomes day visitors from cruise ships. They have a bar on the beach and three restaurants. The breakfast buffet is fabulous and does include the cod breakfast (it’s weird combo of banana, fish and tomato). They have bathrooms by the restaurant and there is a place to rent boats, jet ski, snorkeling equipment. There are ample lawn chairs.
On the other side of the island we liked Elbow Beach for the pinkest sans. But it was wicked crowded and only a nasty porta potty toilet when we went.
cash is fine but everybody takes CC and you get better exchange rates

From shoreside Concierge… for the September 23 8 night in Bermuda

9/10 is Formal night
9/14 is Semi-Formal night
9/15 is Pirate Night
Hello epcotrulz --
Are you cruising on the September 9-17, 2023 Fantasy to King's Wharf, Bermuda?

Do you have any additional information on the schedule for this cruise?
9/10 is Formal night
9/14 is Semi-Formal night
9/15 is Pirate Night

Do you know which movies will be playing in the theater?
Any information you can share is appreciated.

We just got back. The Island is beautiful, people are very friendly, and public transit was very safe.

We got a 2-day pass for the ferry & bus. We were on our way to Horseshoe bay when we ran into a couple that had been on the Island for a week. They said horseshoe gets crowded & we should get off the bus a couple stops ahead at Elbow Beach.
We did and had nearly the entire beach to ourselves!! Is was stunning!
Be prepared for walking, both up and downhill most places you go.

As you can see, there are just a couple people on the beach. The guy walking is my nephew.
Highly recommend! Bonus we got to watch a couple of local wind surfers as free entertainment too.

Take sunscreen! The sun is deceivingly STRONG with the wind blowing to keep you cooled off! Several of us got burnt!

Public transit was easy, takes you from one end of the Island to the other, and well maintained/clean.

The cost of everything is high tho. My nephews got 4 drinks at the bar near port and it’s was $60+
Thanks for the Elbow tip. Going in sept. As far as the drink prices, $15 a drink on an island is fair to me, but I’m from San Diego average drink is $18 before tip.

We will be on the October 7th Bermuda cruise out of NYC on the Dream and just plan on visiting the crystal caves on our own. Also plan on taking the bus to Horseshoe Bay Beach. Getting really excited!!! Some of our group booked an excursion but the rest are first timers and the excursion was sold out when they were able to book. Hoping some spots open up for them and if not, get on a waitlist once onboard.

Does anyone know if Uncrustables are available onboard ( room service maybe) and if so can they be taken off the ship in Bermuda if unopened.

MJ
Yup. Room service has uncrustables. Just did a cruise in march. Will be on the Bermuda cruise out of NYC in Sept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter